I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    09:52 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Re: Martin Shkreli.......cowson

Well yes..........there was that too...of course..................the odium was perpetual alright............it became the wallpaper to my life........so much so I forgot all about that SCO.........obviously.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Well yes..........there was that too...of course..................the odium was perpetual alright............it became the wallpaper to my life........so much so I forgot all about that SCO.........obviously.
    If you watched less Celebrity Come Dancing you might manage to absorb a little news from one year to the next. SCO/Linux was second only to World War Two in its impact on modern-day civilization.

eta: If laying bait for rats was as easy as laying bait for you in a thread like this, they'd be extinct.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Them too.

I was thinking originally of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCO%E2..._controversies, purely in terms of the degree of perpetual public odium they attracted.
    Ouch !!!
    That was cruel..................Who do you think will win this year ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

If other Pharmaceutical companies have not seen fit to partake of the monopoly for a product that has been artificially inflated in price to their own ends by undercutting the price in order to create competition, is that really the fault of the one who inflates the prices. When there is no competition you can name your own price. Once others step in the market is dramatically changed. If the demand is there, and the potential is there to legally provide the supply for that demand, then where is the problem? Why is it not being done?

This isn't a matter of judging anyone one way or the other, it is simply a matter that I don't understand how come the situation is as it is. When computers first came on the market they cost a fortune, as there were only a very few manufacturers that made them. These days, there are so many suppliers that not only are they pretty much disposable, the quality is much higher too.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    If other Pharmaceutical companies have not seen fit to partake of the monopoly for a product that has been artificially inflated in price to their own ends by undercutting the price in order to create competition, is that really the fault of the one who inflates the prices. When there is no competition you can name your own price. Once others step in the market is dramatically changed. If the demand is there, and the potential is there to legally provide the supply for that demand, then where is the problem? Why is it not being done?

This isn't a matter of judging anyone one way or the other, it is simply a matter that I don't understand how come the situation is as it is. When computers first came on the market they cost a fortune, as there were only a very few manufacturers that made them. These days, there are so many suppliers that not only are they pretty much disposable, the quality is much higher too.
    I think you'll find that there's been "a short-term change in the demand curve" from applying this treatment to a new class of patients. The time-lag between astronomically hiking the price - which suddenly also provides profitable territory for competitors - and those competitors tooling up and getting alternatives to market, is the only period when price gouging can be effective, whether the trigger is a hurricane or a wideboy buying a stagnant manufacturer who happens for the moment to be the sole supplier.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

Makes sense, I suppose.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    02:52 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post

This drug's primary use for decades was for treatment of Malaria. We don't see much of that in the US, so there was no real market for it.
    However, some years back it was discovered that it also treated parasitic infections like Toxoplasmosis, that can be a serious problem for patients who's immune system was compromised.
    The market is still limited in the US, (approx. 2000 regular patients) and no drug producer ever saw fit to apply to produce a generic equivalent in the US.
    So the guy's cornered the market on a relatively obscure drug, that, will always have a limited market. Good thinking.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time

Capitalism's poster boy is now serving seven years, less whatever he spent on remand awaiting sentence.

Huzzah.

'Pharma bro' Martin Shkreli sentenced to seven years - BBC News

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    01:52 PM
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Capitalism's poster boy is now serving seven years, less whatever he spent on remand awaiting sentence.

Huzzah.

'Pharma bro' Martin Shkreli sentenced to seven years - BBC News
    I would hope that that sentence wiped the trademark smirk off of his face.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Good riddance
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"