I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time
    01:52 AM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Re: The NHS

You notice how the vote to strike is portrayed in the media? Nothing about what has driven doctors to the point where they will strike, 98% in favour is a damning indictment of the "negotiation" process where thge tories seem to think negotiation means you all do what you are told. New labour were just as bad the private finance initiative is crippling hospitals- it never made any sense at the time but then gordon brown is an arsehole.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

The fact that Doctors have been driven to take this action reflect far more about the Government's treatment of them than any actual Industrial Action could do. I've never been in favour of such vocational professions taking Industrial Action, but in this instance they have my full support. It's gone further than being overworked & underpaid, but clearly into the realm of abuse. I still hope that a solution will be found before any action actually takes place, but in reality I suspect Cameron believes that to back down would be a sign of weakness & not worthy of his Role Model, Maggie Thatcher.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    06:52 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

I am not seeing the fact that the guy used to work for United Health Care and now manages your NHS and an indication if an American Corporate takeover of the NHS.
    Seems to be a bit o a reach.

Though there is evidence that both in the UK and the US, there seems to be a drive to change government run systems into mirrors of corporate managed systems.
    Not sure that is a good thing.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

A few direct quotes from the article
    Though many CCG boards are fronted by GPs, the commissioning decisions they take are ultimately shaped by a set of rules which incentivise outsourcing to private healthcare companies with administrative support provided by yet more private companies......................This will inevitably lead to patients paying charges for care, out of pocket, or through private top-up health insurance............................Despite the public being sold a narrative about saving money, the changes have made the NHS more bureaucratic and expensive than ever, but none of that money is being spent on patient care.................................As a result, the line between the public and private sector in the NHS is blurred. The changes to the NHS provided the infrastructure for siphoning money away from the delivery of care to patients.
    I can testify to the practice of using private companies for some services.
    I have had many CT scans over the past few years, all except one in NHS Hospitals, for that odd one I traveled over 20 miles to a private hospital, which presumably cost the NHS more than the cost of an 'inhouse' scan.
    I was angry at the time as to why I had to travel so far for a scan that was available a mile away, this article solves that mystery for me.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    You notice how the vote to strike is portrayed in the media? Nothing about what has driven doctors to the point where they will strike, 98% in favour is a damning indictment of the "negotiation" process where thge tories seem to think negotiation means you all do what you are told. New labour were just as bad the private finance initiative is crippling hospitals- it never made any sense at the time but then gordon brown is an arsehole.
    And Hunt's insistence that they won't use ACAS because the doctors won't negotiate with him? ACAS *is* the mechanism set up for negotiation!

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    It would sem that some doctors have noticed the name Hunt rhymes with another similar word.

BBC shows enormous vagina symbolising Jeremy Hunt by accident on Daily Politics - Mirror Online

Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt savages striking doctors amid walkout plans | Daily Mail Online

The prospect of patients dying as a result of the doctors strike cannot be ruled out, Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt warned last night.

And if they fail to uphold their duty to keep patients safe, they deserve to be struck off as doctors.

That was the defiant message from Mr Hunt in his first major interview after members of the British Medical Association voted overwhelmingly in favour of the first-ever all-out doctors strike in Britain.
    Jeremy Hunt an 'absolute disgrace' for refusing to face MPs' questions on junior doctors strike | UK Politics | News | The Independent

The minister has just told us that the Secretary of State is across the road in his office and he can't be bothered to come here to account for an unprecedented strike amongst junior doctors in our National Health Service. That is an absolute disgrace.

"The Prime Minister has said this is his 'miners’ strike'. Now, the doctors are prepared to go to arbitration and the public will know that if this strike goes ahead it is because the Government will not go to arbitration; not because the doctors won't. And it will be the fault of the Secretary of State and the Prime Minister."
    Says it all really doesn't it. There's something badly wrong when a government with so little actual support can feel justifies in being able to do so much damage and get away with it.

Roll on the next indyref.

+ Reply to Thread