I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    01:26 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Re: Justice for Harambe

The present state of America should be a matter of absolute shame to every American, and the gorilla should still be alive.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

In order of blame for the death of a captive gorilla......

1st......The Zoo for the inadequate barriers that failed to separate potentially dangerous animals from the paying public.
    2nd.....The parents for trusting the zoo designers to protect their children with suitable barriers.
    3rd......The lack of a zoo public address system to advise the crowd to remain quiet and calm.
    ...........coming in at about 5000th the Bay of Pigs carry on
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    08:26 AM
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    The present state of America should be a matter of absolute shame to every American, and the gorilla should still be alive.
    You sound like Donald Trump, with your generalized insults. You are no better than him. You are a spot of trump.

I have nothing to be ashamed of. Except calling you a turd. You are an immature, tiny spot of a man. Sick of your constant BS, or is it an attempt to keep the site going? It's an investment for you, after all, why not try being obnoxious, it does work for Trump.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time

Quite why a specific insult should be less offensive than a generalized one I'm not altogether sure.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    08:26 AM
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

I'm not going to play your silly game. I have always liked & respected you, hope that's not fading to past tense.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    ...........coming in at about 5000th the Bay of Pigs carry on
    I did, if you check, explicitly cite the Bush Administration. You're trying to dilute the focus from the deliberate ratcheting up of terror-fear in America by The Project for the New American Century.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    eta--reports of hysteria were mostly found in British & European press, & you have no proof anyone anywhere would have behaved differently in such a situation.
    I suggest you listen to the polite applause at the end of this NBCNews report. Watch and learn, bairns.

As for reports of hysteria, I was going by Lars' comment that "the Gorilla got extremely agitated by all the shrieking and screaming of spectators" - I've seen no video coverage. Though if you insist it didn't happen I'll go and find a clip.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

From the footage I saw, the gorilla clearly saw the shrieking crowd as a threat & placed himself between the child & the threat, initially while trapped in a corner. Then he made a run to more open ground. The 'dragging' looked worse than it was by the splashing of the water, but he was clearly defending the child in just the same way as he would defend one of his own young. Gorillas, by nature, are very gentle creatures but also very defensive. If the crowd hadn't have been so hysterical the whole situation probably wouldn't have arisen.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    06:26 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    That isn't what I quoted you as saying, my response was for your opinion, not the fact of the gorilla being dead. The onlookers were noisy, it is your judgement they were 'hysterical.' Are you being deliberately obtuse, or should I think the worst?

eta--reports of hysteria were mostly found in British & European press, & you have no proof anyone anywhere would have behaved differently in such a situation.
    Well, in the video, you can definitely hear a lot of crowd noise - shrieking and yelling, and it seems rather obvious that the fellow was reacting to it, and becoming more agitated.
    I don't agree that it had a thing to do with the crowd being American.
    "You don't need to know all the answers. Nobody is yet smart enough to even know all the questions."
    - Anonymous

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    06:26 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    I cannot believe some of the comments made by many people about this event. (Not here, but on FB, and Twitter, and another forum I frequent) There have been death threats to the family of the child, calls to prosecute the mother, calls to have her other children removed from her care, all sorts of wild-eyed loonies out there.

I am saddened that the gorilla was killed. Yes, there should be some responsibility here. The Zoo should review the enclosures and try to ensure that such a thing cannot happen again. It is their responsibility to protect their charges from endangerment. It would seem that they failed Harambe in that regard.
    The parents must re-think how they mind their children. A four-year-old cannot remain unsupervised for even a second. They WILL find whatever trouble there is to be found.

It would be wise for the zoo to explore the acoustics of the enclosures to see how different sounds are carried and echoed throughout the area. Yelling and shrieking from the crowd, echoing about the enclosure, particularly off the concrete walls near the moat very likely contributed to Harambe's agitation and complicated the entire situation.
    "You don't need to know all the answers. Nobody is yet smart enough to even know all the questions."
    - Anonymous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast