Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time
    03:10 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

European court Hijab Ban ?

Employers can ban staff from wearing headscarves, European court rules

I see nothing wrong in this.
    The work place rule has to be in place already, it must be stipulated before commencing employment, and where there is no rule no one can complain retrospectively.
    As long as it covers all religious symbols...............who can complain ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-22-2017
    Local Time
    12:10 AM

Re: European court Hijab Ban ?

Understand the burkha but not a simple headscarf........ but then again i was schooled by nuns and still have an image of Audry Hepburn and Grace Kelly with scarves wrapped around their noggins.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Understand the burkha but not a simple headscarf........ but then again i was schooled by nuns and still have an image of Audry Hepburn and Grace Kelly with scarves wrapped around their noggins.
    The catholic nuns wimple has the same origins origins as the burkha a stone age religion that preaches women are inferior beings that instigated the original sin and so should not be allowed to tempt the godly by showing their sinful bodies and causing lustful thoughts to arise. Unbound hair has long been as a sign the woman is available in our culture as well as the middle east. In edwardian glasgow a hairy was a slang term for a prostitute because their hair was loose as they hung about the streets nowadays it's a derogatory term for a slut. Someone having a hairy fit is hysterical - like a woman.

You have to admire the level of conditioning that persuades women wandering around in a tent is something they actually want to do.

Wionder what the rastafarians are going to do about it. If a sikh gets his head caved in by a falling brick while working on a building site wearing a turban instead of a hard hat ( a sight I have seen several times) will it be an act of god or a breach of the health and safety rules? Although after brexit we can probably say goodbye to health and safety regulations anyway.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    If a sikh gets his head caved in by a falling brick while working on a building site wearing a turban instead of a hard hat ( a sight I have seen several times) will it be an act of god or a breach of the health and safety rules? Although after brexit we can probably say goodbye to health and safety regulations anyway.
    I understand this is for work places facing the public, rather than for industry where safety issues apply, although Sikhs do have the only legal exemption from motor bike helmets.....I believe.

(After brexit ? "We can say probably say goodbye"..........so you are against indyrep ? )

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    I understand this is for work places facing the public, rather than for industry where safety issues apply, although Sikhs do have the only legal exemption from motor bike helmets.....I believe.

(After brexit ? "We can say probably say goodbye"..........so you are against indyrep ? )
    You kidding? Keep your brave new post brexit world. Maybe you'll see a new concept of contributory stupidity in the work placed - you don't need guard rails at heights if you fall off it's your own stupid fault, brick fell on you? you should have dodged it.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time

You kidding? Keep your brave new post brexit world. Maybe you'll see a new concept of contributory stupidity in the work placed - you don't need guard rails at heights if you fall off it's your own stupid fault, brick fell on you? you should have dodged it.
    So after brexit all work health and safety is out the window ?
    There is contributory stupidity in the work place NOW, if under instruction you are told to work unsafely then you have the right and duty to ignore that instruction and to point out the problem.
    Good safety laws can't protect idiots.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    So after brexit all work health and safety is out the window ?
    There is contributory stupidity in the work place NOW, if under instruction you are told to work unsafely then you have the right and duty to ignore that instruction and to point out the problem.
    Good safety laws can't protect idiots.
    Have a look at that pesky eu red tape hampering business that the brexiteers are talking about doing away with. Health and afety environmental nonsense. A lot of it isn't actually from the eu in the first place.

if under instruction you are told to work unsafely then you have the right and duty to ignore that instruction and to point out the problem.
    Good safety laws can't protect idiots
    Good safety laws can't protect an employee worried about keeping his job from a bullying employer it takes a lot of nerve to stand up for yourself and experience shows being blacklisted is a srious concern for construction workers.

What has this got o do with wearing a hijab? Actually in our culture it's rude not to look someone in the eye or hide your face I think it ;legitimamt to ban it in customer facing areas for that reason alone. I have no problem telling a born again christian or a mormon to keep his relgion to himself if they get annoying or start wanting to begin meetings with a prayer (go ahead by all means juist don't expect me to join in and yes I hav found myself in tgat kind of situation) why should any other be different?

Saudi Arabia launches first ever girls' council — with only men attending | The Independent

Sometimes reality is beyond satire.

is starting another school year.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time
    08:10 AM
    Gifts Beer Burger Car Beer

Workplaces have always had dress codes. And rightly so. The employer sets the style and tone they want for their business. You don't like the dress code? Fine, don't work there.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-22-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    Workplaces have always had dress codes. And rightly so. The employer sets the style and tone they want for their business. You don't like the dress code? Fine, don't work there.
    Dont know about that Saint. My first job at maccas when i was 15 had a uniform that we found out exposed our breast and cleavage when bending under the counter to pic up the bags. We were told to pin our uniforms so it wouldnt happen. But what about every other maccas worker around the country.

Over the decades the uniform has changed but it was slow to do so.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-22-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    The catholic nuns wimple has the same origins origins as the burkha a stone age religion that preaches women are inferior beings that instigated the original sin and so should not be allowed to tempt the godly by showing their sinful bodies and causing lustful thoughts to arise. Unbound hair has long been as a sign the woman is available in our culture as well as the middle east. In edwardian glasgow a hairy was a slang term for a prostitute because their hair was loose as they hung about the streets nowadays it's a derogatory term for a slut. Someone having a hairy fit is hysterical - like a woman.

You have to admire the level of conditioning that persuades women wandering around in a tent is something they actually want to do.

Wionder what the rastafarians are going to do about it. If a sikh gets his head caved in by a falling brick while working on a building site wearing a turban instead of a hard hat ( a sight I have seen several times) will it be an act of god or a breach of the health and safety rules? Although after brexit we can probably say goodbye to health and safety regulations anyway.
    I think youll find 1corinthians ch 11 says to decide for themselves. Its very contradictory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast