Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GOP cave on Obamacare repeal is the biggest broken promise in political history

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-26-2017
    Local Time
    03:02 AM

GOP cave on Obamacare repeal is the biggest broken promise in political history

GOP cave on Obamacare repeal is the biggest broken promise in political history

By PHILIP KLEIN (@PHILIPAKLEIN) • 3/24/17

"Republicans ran on repealing and replacing Obamacare for seven years, over the course of four election cycles"

"In 2010, they campaigned on repeal, but by 2011, they said they needed the Senate. In 2014, they won the Senate, but by 2015 they said as long as Obama was in office, nothing would become law. In 2016, they told conservative voters, even reluctant ones, that if they voted for Trump despite any reservations, they'd finally be able to repeal Obamacare. In November, voters gave them unified control of Washington. And yet after just two months on the job, they have thrown in the towel and said they're willing to abandon seven years of promises"

"Here's the bottom line: Republicans didn't want to repeal Obamacare that badly. Obamacare was a useful tool for them. For years, they could use it to score short-term messaging victories"

"Failing and then walking away on seven years of promises is a pathetic abdication of duty"

GOP cave on Obamacare repeal is the biggest broken promise in political history | Washington Examiner

is dangerously overeducated.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-26-2017
    Local Time
    04:02 AM
    Gifts Beer Burger Car Beer

Re: GOP cave on Obamacare repeal is the biggest broken promise in political history

Yeah, I had to laugh when Trump tried to blame the Democrats even though the Republicans control the entire Congress!

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    04-26-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: GOP cave on Obamacare repeal is the biggest broken promise in political history

It just proved that there are some sensible republicans, still. They at least rcognized that if they voted for that mess, they would be looking for a new job come next election.
    "You don't need to know all the answers. Nobody is yet smart enough to even know all the questions."
    - Anonymous

Mad Arse Face
    is relaxed

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-26-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten Balloons Kitten Beer

I think quite a few of the voters that were screaming about Obamacare finally realized its other name was the Affordable Care Act and they liked that health plan very much. There's no shortage of stupid people in this country.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    04-26-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Snooz View Post
    I think quite a few of the voters that were screaming about Obamacare finally realized its other name was the Affordable Care Act and they liked that health plan very much. There's no shortage of stupid people in this country.
    Can't argue with that.
    "You don't need to know all the answers. Nobody is yet smart enough to even know all the questions."
    - Anonymous

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-26-2017
    Local Time
    11:02 AM
    Gifts Beer Cake

Obamacare was, after all, loosely modelled on the NHS - the pride of the UK Fleet (which the Tories are trying to sell off). When Obama was first campaigning he expressed a fascination for the success of the NHS & wanted America to have something similar. The problem is that it's too big a change from the Status Quo & people, on the whole, tend to be resistant to change.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-26-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

My understanding from the Press over here is that the opposition that sank Trump's plan came from an extreme far right group (The Freedom Group? Something like that) who opposed it for not completely dismantling the ACA. Then wee Donnie in a tantrum decided to make climate change worse just so he could have some sort of hack at Obama's legacy.

I still do not understand how anyone could vote for that walking turd.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-26-2017
    Local Time
    05:02 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    My understanding from the Press over here is that the opposition that sank Trump's plan came from an extreme far right group (The Freedom Group? Something like that) who opposed it for not completely dismantling the ACA. Then wee Donnie in a tantrum decided to make climate change worse just so he could have some sort of hack at Obama's legacy.

I still do not understand how anyone could vote for that walking turd.
    The Freedom Caucus only lead the vote to stop Obama Care Lite.

To me, it is a refreshing that the Republican Pary has a conservative base.
    "The judge who always likes the results he reaches is a bad judge.".

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-26-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    The Freedom Caucus only lead the vote to stop Obama Care Lite.

To me, it is a refreshing that the Republican Pary has a conservative base.
    Chuckle. Sometimes you just have to scratch your head and say you don't quite get it. To me it looks as though the far right are looking to increase the suffering of ordinary people to increase their profits, or not spend state money caring for their own people. Let them suffer and die. Who cares? To you it seems a praiseworthy ideological purity?

It seems the same with Trump: I see him as a disgrace to the Office of President; to you the Office seems to validate him.

At least, that's how it looks from here.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-26-2017
    Local Time
    05:02 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    Chuckle. Sometimes you just have to scratch your head and say you don't quite get it. To me it looks as though the far right are looking to increase the suffering of ordinary people to increase their profits, or not spend state money caring for their own people. Let them suffer and die. Who cares? To you it seems a praiseworthy ideological purity?

It seems the same with Trump: I see him as a disgrace to the Office of President; to you the Office seems to validate him.

At least, that's how it looks from here.
    Uh, you mean me,
    to you the Office seems to validate him
    ?

I wouldn't call him a disgrace to the office, no more than I don't remember calling Obama as a disgrace.

Both were/are incompetent boobs.
    "The judge who always likes the results he reaches is a bad judge.".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast