I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    01:23 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

PC or not PC

David Moyes threatened to slap a female reporter in a jokey exchange after an interview.
    HERE so has been charged with bringing the game into disrepute HERE

Orlando Bloom described himself as a "pikey from Kent" in a radio One interview and has had to apologise. HERE

I personally don't find either comment worthy of a second thought, let alone the furore caused by the PC right on brigade....................is it me ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    10:23 PM

Re: PC or not PC

Nah he advocated violence against another human being. Although she's a woman? He obviously knows what he said because he backed it with that statment.Another words you can't hit a woman, but there are circumstances in which you can???? Really?

Best statment I've ever heard from a politician. "Let me say this to you: disrespecting women does not always result in violence against
    women. But all violence against women begins with disrespecting women,"

There has been a huge turn around in our football leagues over Jokey comments about women. It's simply not tolerated anymore.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    I personally don't find either comment worthy of a second thought, let alone the furore caused by the PC right on brigade....................is it me ?
    Had I ever herd of David Moyes I might not find myself in Rhett Butler's position but frankly my dear it appears I do, they can hang him out to dry for all I care. I expect having a name easily confused with Adrian Chiles does it.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

David Moyes threatened to slap a female reporter in a jokey exchange after an interview.
    HERE so has been charged with bringing the game into disrepute HERE

Orlando Bloom described himself as a "pikey from Kent" in a radio One interview and has had to apologise. HERE

it was patronising and sexist it was obviously meant as a joke but he wouldn't have said something like that or similar to a male reporter. It's a casual acceptance of violence against women being a joking matter. If a bloke, no matter who he was joked about giving you na slap how would you react?

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    it was patronising and sexist it was obviously meant as a joke but he wouldn't have said something like that or similar to a male reporter. It's a casual acceptance of violence against women being a joking matter. If a bloke, no matter who he was joked about giving you na slap how would you react?
    We are talking about football banter, I am sure at some stage during my life someone has laughingly offered me a 'slapping' during such an exchange, I would go so far as me offering to give someone a slap, which is something I can't ever see myself doing in reality.
    It has nothing to do with her being a female, it just happens that she was,he laughingly said she was overstepping the mark in the interview.

And so onto Bloom the pikey, he described himself as such in support of his macho role presumably, Travelers or Gypsies or those that aspire to be named as such, are known for their so called macho lifestyle, cock and dog fighting, bare knuckle boxing.

Both instances use shorthand terms that the person making the remark doesn't mean literally, such as giving the opposition a bloody nose............not a bleeding nose, just a surprise win.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

If said to a male that would be taken as a threat. I still contend he would not have said it to a male reporter. Males at times go through a kind of verbal human/simian threat display there are cultural differences that sometimes cause problems but this was imo a threat display to a female someone he knew would not be able to respond in kind. Moyes is scots the response of the average scots male to somethinmg like this would have been words to the effect of you and whose army.

Mad Arse Face
    is relaxed

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    06:23 AM
    Gifts Kitten Balloons Kitten Beer

I've said I'd like to pop someone upside their head before and it wasn't taken as a threat of bodily harm. Everyone laughed. You have to consider the context.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time

The context here is: a female reporter doing her professional job in her work enviroment is told she needs a slap.The context here is:a male during his professional working day threatening to slap a female for doing her job.

Why is that so hard to understand? They werent down the pub having a jolly good laugh andhe's threatened to put her over his knee and spank her. They are in their professional work enviroments......are you saying this would be acceptable in any other work enviroment?

There was a female reporter who interviewed a footballer here on the sidelines after the game. He stopped the interview to tell her he wanted to have a drink with her and tried to kiss her....... that my friend id sexual assault in the workplace. Can you think of another workplace where that would be acceptable?

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time

We are talking about football banter, .
    That attitude has already been addressed here. And not even young men now accept "the football banter line". Especially when directed at female. Now and again it happens but it causes so much uproar now footballees/commentators/fans know their reputations/jobs and memberships are on the line now.
    Have almost stamped out racism too.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Have almost stamped out racism too.
    They haven't you know.

High profile PC shaming as in this incident changes nothing, all it does is it makes like minded people be more careful about what and when they say things.
    Changing attitudes on sexism and racism cannot be legislated against.
    That will be a very long haul......taking many generations I am sorry to say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast