is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-23-2017
    Local Time
    08:15 AM

security at airports

We've just had an apparent terrorist plot foiled. Apparently directed at a domestic flight.
    This morning the media is telling everyone that security at airports isnt as good as everyone would like.
    Well ive just done training for that job and probably wont ever do the job because of the stress involved. Its pretty full on. But in saying that, nobody needs to worry about the standard of security in Australian airports at least. My eyes were well and trully open as to the level of protection.
    When travelling you dont realise whats going on behind the scene.

Okay, i would probably work at a small airport but certainly not at our large ones.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-22-2017
    Local Time
    10:15 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Re: security at airports

It sounded to me as though the security work which stopped the plot happened outside the airport and the plotters never got to the airport...

If that is right then I'd guess that although airport security might have been alerted, they weren't actively involved though it sounds as if the police aren't sure they've got all of them (hence the heightened security at airports now). Anyway, it seems the plot has been stopped and no-one got hurt - well done, those involved!
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-23-2017
    Local Time
    08:15 AM

And the plot thickens . Apparently they had already tried to get a bomb onto an international flight.

Apparently, the info came from British intel but the police here wanted to wait a bit longer before acting, but Britain said theyd issue a travel warning if they didnt do something immediately.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-22-2017
    Local Time
    10:15 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    And the plot thickens . Apparently they had already tried to get a bomb onto an international flight.

Apparently, the info came from British intel but the police here wanted to wait a bit longer before acting, but Britain said theyd issue a travel warning if they didnt do something immediately.
    There always seems to be a tension between act now for safety and wait for maximum results. Or perhaps there is a related issue over here that required your folks to act now..? Hard to know.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

+ Reply to Thread