Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I'd order footwear by mail...wouldn't shoe?

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-26-2017
    Local Time
    01:39 PM
    Gifts Beer Cake

Re: I'd order footwear by mail...wouldn't shoe?

I have to get my footwear online - there's no other option - at least not in my price range. You see, I have Size 17 feet, and even the grossly overpriced Outsize shops, such as High & Mighty, rarely go that large. Surprisingly, socks are far more difficult to source, as most of the time they only go up to size 11 - 13 if you're lucky. However, I can get most of my clothing needs from Jacamo. There was one time when I needed some decent boots for the motorbike, and I came across someone on eBay who was in the process of closing down his shoe shop business & had a pair of size 17 Uggs in stock, which he'd never been able to shift, so I managed to pick them up for about £15 - an absolute bargain - real good quality, and strong - saved my foot once when I came off & was trapped under the bike. Without them my ankle would most likely have been crushed beyond repair.

The thing is, that although my feet may be large, they are in proportion to the rest of my body, so they don't look particularly large, so I also have the same sort of problem with the rest of my clothing needs - and the same solution - Jacamo (who, incidentally, cover all sizes, are very competetively priced, good quality & have found them to give excellent customer service).

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-26-2017
    Local Time
    07:39 AM

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    I have to get my footwear online - there's no other option - at least not in my price range. You see, I have Size 17 feet...
    I worked with a guy who had similar foot size, he told me that he dealt with a place that specialized in that, he would pick out a style and then he had to wait A YEAR for delivery. When the shoes finally arrived, he would then place an order for the following year etc.

I'm only a 10 1/2 but I have problems with ordering Chinese shoes, apparently the Chinese have smaller feet, but the pair I referred to in the opening post are now just fine, several people have already complimented me on how great they look!

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-26-2017
    Local Time
    01:39 PM
    Gifts Beer Cake

Register to remove this ad.
    I also need to remember that if I order from America I need to add a size or 2, as they have a different grade of sizes, so would class as an America 18 - 19. As far as proper motorbike boots are concerned, Harley Davison do make them that size and surprisingly very reasonably priced, but the shipping & import duties are another matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3