I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time
    02:33 AM
    Gifts Beer

Meantwhile to the North

I have attached a few links, a couple are not (as of today) updated, but holy cow batman, we are on fire!!
    In the wake of the destruction of the hurricanes to the south, please do not loose sight of what is going on in the north. Both in the USA and Canada, we have hundreds of fires raging on, many out of control. We may not have as high of a human death toll, but the loss of buildings, homes, parkland, wilderness, wildlife etc is still a horrific loss. For many areas, there is no relief in sight as the temperatures are far above normal, winds are high and our firefighters are exhausted.
    Close to home for me, my daughter is on evacuation alert, there are 2 major fires close to her home.
    My brother in law will be deployed with his crew Thursday to where my daughter is to help with the fires there.
    All our parks, wilderness areas, and many tourist sites are closed, campfires are forbidden and off road travel is forbidden.

Interactive map | Canadian Wildland Fire Information System | Natural Resources Canada

https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/v...0c6f91c74c79ea

Idaho Fire Information: Current Wildland Fire Info

https://gacc.nifc.gov/nrcc/predictiv...7_large_wf.htm

Wildfire burned into Waterton townsite as hundreds forced to evacuate in southwestern Alberta - Calgary - CBC News

http://apps.gov.bc.ca/pub/dmf-viewer...84402955244847
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time
    04:33 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: Meantwhile to the North

It seems the entire Rocky Mountain region from New Mexico and California to Alberta and British Columbia is burning.

I took this pic a couple of days ago. The Sun is just about to disappear behind the mountains, but you cannot actually see the mountains because of the smoke drifting down here from the northern Rockies.

That tree line is about half a mile away.

And here is what it looks like when you can see the mountains. I had to wait until it actually went behind them, today.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time
    08:33 PM

Minks how long has this been happening for now?
    I just tweeted @SciNate (our weatherman) to give us a heads up on the conditions where you are.
    Minks have you got simple masks when you go outside? The particles and long term smoke in the air can get to you after awhile. (Lung wise)

Look after yourself...... and wishing strength to your kids.

superstar
    is returning

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer

Lars, that has been our sky since June pretty much. We will get the odd wind that will clear our skies for a couple hours. Then back to the smoke filled air.
    Last night we had rain, sweet blessed rain. Today is cloudy, and cool and rain is predicted.
    2 weeks ago we were camping and our temperature soared to 39C (108F) and this was because of a nearby wildfire. As we left the campsite we dropped 28C degrees . All a result of fires all over the place.
    Today my daughter and family are safe, they had the rain too. Winds are pushing the one fire away from them, but it's also making that fire out of control.
    Brother in law is on his way to fight that fire
    Mag this has been going on since probably May. Thanks Mag. So far we are ok Lung wise. Others not so much. It's taking it's toll indeed.
    And Yes we are not alone as the links and maps showed. It is a crazy weather year for North America that's for sure.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time
    08:33 PM

We have 86 fires burning at the moment. Its september (summer doesnt begin for another 3months) . We've been warned about thispattern reaching all around the world.
    Im soon to resign from the CFA. I wont be doing another season. To old and to tired to be doing that crap anymore....its like being a postman. No matter how many letters you post they just keep coming.
    I will be only helping neighbours from now on. ....yes its getting that way for me now.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time
    10:33 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Really sorry and sad to hear all of this. Be well.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

is needing a vacation...

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Burger Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    We have 86 fires burning at the moment. Its september (summer doesnt begin for another 3months) . We've been warned about thispattern reaching all around the world.
    Im soon to resign from the CFA. I wont be doing another season. To old and to tired to be doing that crap anymore....its like being a postman. No matter how many letters you post they just keep coming.
    I will be only helping neighbours from now on. ....yes its getting that way for me now.
    And it's just going to keep getting worse. Climate change isn't a joke, it's real.

+ Reply to Thread