Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Thoughts and prayers for strangers yet again

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,116
    Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    04:32 AM
    Points
    27,986
    Gifts Kitten

    Re: Thoughts and prayers for strangers yet again

    What's left to be said? Nothing!

    When we decided five years ago that, for adults, the right to nearly unrestricted access to firearms was more important than the lives of children, we sealed our fate. Since 2016 we've averaged more than one mass shooting (4+ victims including the shooter) daily. A very alarming trend indeed.

    The sport of hunting has changed to include the human species. How does it feel to have a target on our backs? The only difference between us and those other species is we consciously fear death, while they just instinctively know to run.

  2. #12
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,372
    Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    03:32 AM
    Points
    15,514
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Thoughts and prayers for strangers yet again

    Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Question....all the people who carry guns
    to protect themselves and others......how come none of them ever shoot the shooters?
    I suspect it is because there are not that many people who actually carry a gun. Not to mention, it may be a situation where no one would not want to get involved. I carry a gun to protect myself and feel no responsibility to stop crime or involve myself in an active shooting situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Where are all these gun owners when the proverbial hits the fan?
    I would hope acting in a responsible manner considering the situation.
    "The judge who always likes the results he reaches is a bad judge.".

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,116
    Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    04:32 AM
    Points
    27,986
    Gifts Kitten

    Re: Thoughts and prayers for strangers yet again

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    I suspect it is because there are not that many people who actually carry a gun. Not to mention, it may be a situation where no one would not want to get involved. I carry a gun to protect myself and feel no responsibility to stop crime or involve myself in an active shooting situation.



    I would hope acting in a responsible manner considering the situation.
    Priceless!

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    is yep.........Me too
     
    I am:
    Awesome
     
    magentaflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Vic Aus
    Posts
    1,459
    Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    07:32 PM
    Points
    8,062

    Re: Thoughts and prayers for strangers yet again

    Wow.
    Well thats just...... i dont know.

    So in a country where you have a "right" to own a firearm . I understand one or two guns......but ten to twenty of them? Including firearms and accessories that are okay to own but illegal to use.

    Is it just me? Or could you drive a truck through that concept ?

  5. #15
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,372
    Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    03:32 AM
    Points
    15,514
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Thoughts and prayers for strangers yet again

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Priceless!
    "The judge who always likes the results he reaches is a bad judge.".

  6. #16
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,372
    Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    03:32 AM
    Points
    15,514
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Thoughts and prayers for strangers yet again

    Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Wow.
    Well thats just...... i dont know.

    So in a country where you have a "right" to own a firearm . I understand one or two guns......but ten to twenty of them? Including firearms and accessories that are okay to own but illegal to use.

    Is it just me? Or could you drive a truck through that concept ?
    I own several firearms and sit with envy to be able to have twenty quality firearms.
    "The judge who always likes the results he reaches is a bad judge.".

  7. #17
    Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Crazy
     
    YZGI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    11,435
    Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    03:32 AM
    Points
    5,933
    Gifts Beer Naughty Mag Beer

    Re: Thoughts and prayers for strangers yet again

    I own several guns also. Rifles for deer hunting and critter killing on the farm. Shotguns for bird hunting and clay shooting. pistols for target and protection.

    Banning guns in America will work about as well as banning alcohol and drugs, it just wont work. The city of Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the country but still average around fifty gun related killings per month. I still can't figure out why this has never been addressed.

    Saying all that I do agree "Assault" type military style rifles should be banned, yes some will still get them but they won't be readily available for the general public when some deranged person decides to go out in a blaze of glory. It may not stop mass shootings but it may lessen the amount of killing.

    My 2 cents.

    When Clinton outlawed theses style weapons I never felt my rights were denied me and no one came after my "regular" style guns.If I remember correctly the ban was 10 years long, I don't remember any problems during the ban.

  8. #18
    superstar
    is returning
     
    I am:
    Awesome
     
    minks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    26,195
    Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    02:32 AM
    Points
    2,856
    Gifts Beer

    Re: Thoughts and prayers for strangers yet again

    I lost my original post bah.
    Ahso, that is a terrifying thought, "targets on our backs"
    I feel gun control here in Canada works well.
    Myself I do not own a gun, but my husbands family own guns (farmers and ranchers). They must register them and assault weapons are not allowed.
    Now having said that...
    1) people do own assault weapons illegally. And when natural disasters happen, our RCMP have been known to enter peoples homes and confiscate the weapons and find out if they are illegal or not or if they are registered or not. This is a real grey area and I don't know if it is exactly legal or not.
    2) we do not have the population of the USA so it's tough to say how successful gun control is here versus not having the control in the USA.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

  9. #19
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,372
    Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    03:32 AM
    Points
    15,514
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Thoughts and prayers for strangers yet again

    Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    I own several guns also. Rifles for deer hunting and critter killing on the farm. Shotguns for bird hunting and clay shooting. pistols for target and protection.

    Banning guns in America will work about as well as banning alcohol and drugs, it just wont work. The city of Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the country but still average around fifty gun related killings per month. I still can't figure out why this has never been addressed.

    Saying all that I do agree "Assault" type military style rifles should be banned, yes some will still get them but they won't be readily available for the general public when some deranged person decides to go out in a blaze of glory. It may not stop mass shootings but it may lessen the amount of killing.

    My 2 cents.

    When Clinton outlawed theses style weapons I never felt my rights were denied me and no one came after my "regular" style guns.If I remember correctly the ban was 10 years long, I don't remember any problems during the ban.
    Fact is in the scheme of things rifles are not the first choice for murder.

    For the years between 2011 - 2015

    Handguns 6,251 6,404 5,782 5,673 6,447
    Rifles 332 298 285 258 252
    Shotguns 362 310 308 264 269
    Other guns 97 116 123 93 171


    Before I would worry about being shot by a rifle

    Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.)1 751 707 687 682 624

    FBI - Expanded Homicide Data Table 8.

    I don't see the sense of passing laws just to ease somebody's phobia.
    "The judge who always likes the results he reaches is a bad judge.".

  10. #20
    Supporting Member
    is risen
     
    I am:
    Happy
     
    spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    33,920
    Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    09:32 AM
    Points
    52,229
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

    Re: Thoughts and prayers for strangers yet again

    Register to remove this ad.
    You're suggesting civilian handguns should be banned while civilian rifles remain legal? There's arguments for that. Nobody hunts in the woods with a handgun. I'd support your proposal.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2