Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    09:19 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Re: Thoughts and prayers for strangers yet again

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Uh, you are not thinking that through.
    I most certainly am thinking that through. I wouldn't be in the thread otherwise.

You sound as though you're making the defensive choice - handgun or rifle - a matter of convenience. I'm saying that if handguns are withdrawn from American civilians and made unavailable, American civilians would still have access to a rifle if they choose to, retaining their constitutional right to bear arms.

Some forms of arms are considered too dangerous to allow civilian access - mortars or machine guns, claymores, landmines edging the back porch and lawn for instance. There's no constitutional reason not to add handguns to that list. We're agreed that very few Americans kill Americans with rifles, yes? And that there's definitely more than 1,516,863 Americans shot dead by Americans since official figures started to be collected during my lifetime and that 1,516,863 is a distressingly high figure?

I agree it is not up to you to tell others how best to defend themselves. It's up to your government, within the restraint of the existing Constitution, if they decide there's a net benefit to society (like there is with, say, mortars and machine guns). I've suggested that withdrawing access to handguns still leaves Americans able to arm themselves with rifles. Registered rifles, for preference. I think it would reduce the carnage (you said " it is a fact handguns are the firearm of choice for murder" and "in the scheme of things rifles are not the first choice for murder"), and that people would like the carnage reducing.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    03:19 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I most certainly am thinking that through. I wouldn't be in the thread otherwise.

You sound as though you're making the defensive choice - handgun or rifle - a matter of convenience.
    I was thinking as a practical matter, like in best tool for the job.

I'm saying that if handguns are withdrawn from American civilians and made unavailable, American civilians would still have access to a rifle if they choose to, retaining their constitutional right to bear arms.
    On the one side, we have those who want to take our rifles and you suggest we give up our handguns.

Some forms of arms are considered too dangerous to allow civilian access - mortars or machine guns, claymores, landmines edging the back porch and lawn for instance.
    The above in bold are not arms which one would bear. Machine guns are allowed for those who can afford them. If what I think you mean by edging the back porch and lawn, that is a local issue.

There's no constitutional reason not to add handguns to that list. We're agreed that very few Americans kill Americans with rifles, yes? And that there's definitely more than 1,516,863 Americans shot dead by Americans since official figures started to be collected during my lifetime and that 1,516,863 is a distressingly high figure?
    Uh, sure you heard of it, the Second Amendment to the Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
    I agree it is not up to you to tell others how best to defend themselves. It's up to your government, within the restraint of the existing Constitution,
    if they decide there's a net benefit to society (like there is with, say, mortars and machine guns). I've suggested that withdrawing access to handguns still leaves Americans able to arm themselves with rifles. Registered rifles, for preference. I think it would reduce the carnage (you said " it is a fact handguns are the firearm of choice for murder" and "in the scheme of things rifles are not the first choice for murder"), and that people would like the carnage reducing.
    Within the framework of the Constitution, I can carry a handgun, rifle or machine gun to the local grocery store, or bank. I am not sure about state law and machine guns, but the rifle and handgun are good to go.

More often than not I carry a handgun, concealed. Very rare do I openly carry a handgun. Not only do I consider it impractical but to carry a rifle would attract way too much attention. Though legal, the open carry of firearms is almost never done here.

BTW, we have virtually no violent crime.
    "The judge who always likes the results he reaches is a bad judge.".

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    04:19 AM
    Gifts Kitten

I don't know how Minks intended the thread title, though I know her to be a thoughtful person. I mean no malice toward her or the thread, but it needs to be said.

With all the prayers being sent up lately due to these (almost daily) shootings, (some) one has to wonder what is going on with this. As far as I can tell, there are only three possibilities: 1) that there's no one to pray to. This one is my favorite. 2) the prayers are indeed being answered and God's will is contrary to the wishes of his faithful and is very much for these type events to continue and escalate. 3) these lying sobs are actually praying for this to continue and escalate.

Any other possibilities?

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time

The Lord is good.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    The Lord is good.
    So you f@*#ers are actually praying for this crap then?

superstar
    is returning

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    02:19 AM
    Gifts Beer

Ahso, I have to wonder exactly that.... (I do not feel maliced )
    Are people actually praying for this kind of human obliteration??
    I also do not believe there is a god, to pray to, for the salvation of us humans. If there was some kind of god, why does he allow this kind of murder?

Now again I know war and terrorists kill way more than what the news is splattered with these days... but where, when, and how do we stop this kind of senseless murder.
    Where have we lost the value of life? Good lives... gosh believe me I know there are people out there who do not deserve life, and I wish those ones would perish and others who have fallen victim to this kind of mindless killing should live.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    07:19 PM

When evangelists are praying for more **** to happen....the other week on commercial television an early morning evangelist said it was gods will and hurricanes will continue to happen (and these guys deny climate change) until everyone repents......****ing idiots! They are actually telling people its their fault!
    The shooting in the gay night club? According to religious entities its the fault of the gays....whenare we going to hold up these people to hate speech and stop callibg it religious freedom.?

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    So you f@*#ers are actually praying for this crap then?
    Praying for what? Guns to be outlawed or guns to be kept legal? I am pro gun. Gun ownership lowers crime. Gun free zones are the most dangerous places. That's where all of these mass shootings are taking place.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    When evangelists are praying for more **** to happen....the other week on commercial television an early morning evangelist said it was gods will and hurricanes will continue to happen (and these guys deny climate change) until everyone repents......****ing idiots! They are actually telling people its their fault!
    The shooting in the gay night club? According to religious entities its the fault of the gays....whenare we going to hold up these people to hate speech and stop callibg it religious freedom.?
    I deny climate change is man made. I don't know of anyone who prayed for bad to happen to America. Saying it's God's will isn't hoping for it to happen, it's trusting God even though you don't understand why bad things happen. No one said it was gay people's fault either. Even IF they said those things, they DO have a right to say it, just like Liberals have a right to their hate speech.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by minks View Post
    My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the horrific shootings in Las Vegas Sunday night.

This is getting to be too frequent.

RIP to all who have passed on at the hands of these murderous idiots

When does it stop.
    It's a very sad tragedy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast