Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The....I'VE HAD A WIN! ....Thread.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time
    03:48 AM

The....I'VE HAD A WIN! ....Thread.

The....I'VE HAD A WIN! ....thread.

I just had a win.
    Was just driven into town and my eye spotted a bed frame in a 'hard rubbish collection' pile.....a brand new Ikea bed.......guess what?....bloody oath it went onto the back of the ute.! Im like...the tags are still on it! Wtf?

Oh well its mine now ..

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time
    04:48 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Re: The....I'VE HAD A WIN! ....Thread.

And so you ought, I'm all in favour of getting proper use out of any article. I found a perfect unmarked "digital piano" in a second hand shop last week and snapped it up, I've needed one of those for decades.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

I would love a day down my local dump, sorting through the stuff you see getting thrown away.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

superstar
    is returning

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time
    09:48 AM
    Gifts Beer

salvaging is great fun.
    Last year we scored a lovely glider rocker chair for free, a number of well loved, real wood bar chairs, and an eclectic kitchen table and chairs set.
    All for the modest price of... $0.00 CAD
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time
    09:48 AM
    Gifts Balloons Gift Car Cocktail Balloons Cocktail Cake

woohoo - we all free.

I just found a full bedroom set - yep - it's mine now.

We live in a community where "snowbirds" come in to live for their 5-6 months - they remodel - redecorate and put stuff on the curb for free. I'm collecting stuff for when my Brother moves out - I have furnished is whole house on free.
    Last year we found 2 large nice area rugs. It's amazing what people pitch.
    I'm happy for their donations..
    Patsy

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time
    03:48 AM

I was a bit tentative at first and asked the person i was with "do you think they mean to chuck it out?"
    Cause if they didnt, then ive just stolen a bed. Lol.

My friend had a win the other week when he went to buy frozen dumplings. They were marked down but the wrong price put on them. And we all know the rule of wrong prices ....you get it for free. So he stood there with an attendant as he scanned the wrongly priced goods. 2 mins later 10 packets of free frozen dumplings lol it was nice of him to give me 2packets.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time
    05:48 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

I think I've found out what is causing my vibration problem. I still have to prove it but I'm fairly sure this has to be it.

There's an office block about half a mile away. It has an underground carpark and several air conditioning units fitted in a gap between the car park and the open air. At least one of these units seems to have loose bearings or be loosely fitted and the overall effect is that the units are using the carpark as a sound box and the vibration - to me - is very intense. The ground seems to be shivering. What would make my current intense suspicion change into near certainty would be if the aircon units are off on Saturday between about 7:00 am and 11:30 pm, which is when the vibration has stopped recently.

edit: The company that owns the office does international multilingual customer services and went to 24 hr operation in the relevant time frame.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time

How do you prove it, and how would that solve it even if it's proved right ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time
    05:48 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

2 very good questions. I was just expressing the positive - it's a big step forward even to have a candidate that fits the symptoms this well. The vibration is the same intensity, I feel it through my feet the whole way between where I live and the office block, it operates 24 hrs a day at least 6 days a week and if I can definitely connect a time the aircon units are off to a time I'm feeling no vibration then I've proved it 98% to my satisfaction.

The down sides are that few other people seem to feel this, even close neighbours to the office and proving it to my satisfaction as you say doesn't stop the problem. However, it seems likely that there are some others who are bothered by this and if I can find them that's a step forward. Then there's the possibility that they are breaching industrial regs - I've never felt anything like this before - so making an official complaint might start something. Lots of ifs but at least there are ifs to check. If you see what I mean . But whatever is ahead, finding something that fits the symptoms as well as this seems to is a win. And I'll take what I can.

I have to say that today so far has been good. I slept from about 5 am to 1 pm and it wasn't vibration that woke me. I've felt a little since then but way down on where it's been recently.

There's also the fact that having sorted the issue(s) with my neighbour has allowed this step forward: before he moved his computer or whatever it was and perhaps sorted his boiler issues I couldn't identify THIS issue as a separate issue. All I can really go on is a directional sense. Even strength isn't much help - it only gets clearly stronger through my feet when I'm within 100m or so of the office and the directional sense said a lot was coming from my neighbour before and it didn't after he made changes. And of course the strength in the overall issue of vibration halved (or thereabouts). That's what's pushed me to look further afield than I had been.

edit: For some time I've been thinking this is something smallish quite close - or big further off. There have been several candidates for small and close including the pub and the microbrewery but (fortunately) none fit the symptoms very well. Timings were not close enough. But having eliminated small and close I have found big and further away.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.