is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time
    03:49 AM

bio, face recognition thingy

Our prime minister is pushing for a national database of every single person in Australia who holds any kind of photo lisence or ID (which includes children) to be collated into a central system.

Why?...... because of terrorists.

Now.....may i ask how does collating photos of 99.99999 percent of the population to catch .00000001 percent of terrorists?

Doesnt make sense to me. I think something is afoot.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time

Re: bio, face recognition thingy

What do they really want it for?

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time

And they want to legislate holding people for 14 days without charge for suspected terrorists....i wonder when the definition of a terrorist will change? At the moment the age limit is 14 years old....they want to change that to 10 years old.

And watching the news ive just been told by one politician that my civil rights is a luxury and another politician tell me that im happy to give up my civil rights for the sake of the safety of the population.

I dont remember being asked.

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time
    04:49 PM
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    And they want to legislate holding people for 14 days without charge for suspected terrorists....i wonder when the definition of a terrorist will change? At the moment the age limit is 14 years old....they want to change that to 10 years old.

And watching the news ive just been told by one politician that my civil rights is a luxury and another politician tell me that im happy to give up my civil rights for the sake of the safety of the population.

I dont remember being asked.
    The not so thin end of the wedge - to be fought tooth and nail.

Banned
    is Thinking of the Guv'nor

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time
    05:49 PM

The Labour Party in Britain tried that a few years back with a proposed Identity Card scheme which 95% of the population were against. When the Conservatives regained power they abolished it.

This 'protection' excuse is a load of bullfrog. They just want control.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time

Well the truth is coming out now,.... apparently this technology will help police in catching criminals (suspected) for crimes that may compel a semtence of no less than three years imprisonment.
    So they are thinking of the same exercise as they do in china where they literally pull people from protests and out of crowds.

Interestingly though, private business already uses it. One ex politician says shes used this type of technology at airports in which the machine did not recognise her or 15 others on her flight and had to be checked manually anyway

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time
    08:49 AM
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

They are also testing it with some AI to see how well it can pick out and flag "suspicious behavior" from body language and facial expressions. Of course, the system would work better if they had a database of the same people going about their daily lives, for comparison.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Wandrin View Post
    They are also testing it with some AI to see how well it can pick out and flag "suspicious behavior" from body language and facial expressions. Of course, the system would work better if they had a database of the same people going about their daily lives, for comparison.
    Well thats dangerous for "angry face" people. Poor things. Theyll be thinking theyre relaxed and in a good mood until a camera says ..."cheer up, you look suspicious.
    And anyway it doesnt work that way. Terrorists suiciding tend to relax and smile before death. Ask any train driver who may have been unfortunetly involved a track suicide.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    A point was made this morning on ABC Insiders that we've already seen mistakes made. I remember the Haneef(spelling?) Case where a doctor was detained fir 11days without charge (pretty sure i posted something abiut it on here, thinking he was a sleeper terrorist) apparently when they couldnt find anything on him the 'judicial' leaked aspects of his life to the press to convince us all he WAS a terrorist..later on he was released and then deported.
    Later still......unbeknowst to the general public he was awarded a '****load' of money.

Now i ask you...... a 10 year old is (in Australia) in grade 3. Primary school. Can anyone see in their minds eye a 10 year old conducting a terrorist attack? And if a ten year old was used , isnt the child a victim of terrorism rather than a terrorist?

Our prime minister said this morning that children as young as ten can be held responsible for a crime.....news to me, so i thank him for drawing my atrention to it. I shall investigate that. It also makes me think how many of these ten year old criminals are indigenious children.

+ Reply to Thread