I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    01:59 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Checking out?

Congresswoman Frederica Wilson said she was shocked by the president's comments to the bereaved wife of a fallen soldier.

[...] "This gentleman has a brain disorder," said the lawmaker, "and he needs to be checked out."

Trump denies 'insensitive' remarks to soldier's widow - BBC News
    This may just be a difference between the Queen's English and whatever approximates to language in America, but where I come from "checking out" is a euphemism for death.

The President of the USA needs to be checked out? As in it's time for Donald to cross the Jordan, buy the farm, get given his chips?

Is this an assassination threat by a Member of Congress?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    08:59 PM
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

Re: Checking out?

The congresswoman meant 'to be carefully assessed.' It was not a threat. I doubt she is aware of, or attempting to use, British colloquialisms, if so, she would have said 'sussed out.'

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

I shall allow my bristling antennae to lie flat again but you can't be too careful these days. Caution is the watchword. The homeland must be secured against hostiles. Above all there should immediately be a full and complete study and investigation as to whether persons who are disloyal to the United States are, or have been, elected to Congress. I note Frederica Wilson has two question marks already, being both Democrat and female.

Would you like to see a photo of my mother's mother's father's parents on their wedding day? I'm looking for an excuse to post it.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

What are American troops doing in Niger anyway ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    What are American troops doing in Niger anyway ?
    Killing local residents, what on earth do you think they're doing. That's what they're paid for. If they could translate "killing local residents" into Latin they'd wear it on their hat-badge.

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I shall allow my bristling antennae to lie flat again but you can't be too careful these days. Caution is the watchword. The homeland must be secured against hostiles. Above all there should immediately be a full and complete study and investigation as to whether persons who are disloyal to the United States are, or have been, elected to Congress. I note Frederica Wilson has two question marks already, being both Democrat and female.

Would you like to see a photo of my mother's mother's father's parents on their wedding day? I'm looking for an excuse to post it.
    Make that three question marks. She is black. Also, yes, I would love to see a photo of your mother's mother's father's parents on their wedding day.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

You're very kind.

The top left picture is their son John, a photo I took on my first camera (see the photo under, me showing my Kodak Brownie 44A off on the front stoop in Lancashire).

The next shows his parents Mary and William, married on 19th August 1871 and I suspect the photo was taken that day. She was Mary Willis, born 1850, he's William Williams Bateman, born 1849, I didn't meet either of them. William's dad ran the Cross Keys on Mount Hill Road at the back of Hanham in the 1870s and 80s.

John's daughter is next, Nellie, my grandmother, and then her younger daughter my mother Mary with fierce glasses.

The one at the end is my son Jowan and if you squint at the door beside his head, my Kodak Brownie 44A is suspended there from a hook.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Checking out?-johnbateman1a1.jpg   Checking out?-williambateman1a1.jpg   Checking out?-nelliebateman1a1.jpg   Checking out?-maryharris1a1.jpg   Checking out?-jowan1a1.jpg  

Checking out?-john1a1.jpg  

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

The photos are of great historical interest, in terms of settings, facial poses (which become more casual as time passes), clothing, etc. A handsome family indeed. I especially liked the tinting in the wedding photo & the chair Nellie is seated on. Thank you spot, most enjoyable. Precious memorabilia.

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    The photos are of great historical interest, in terms of settings, facial poses (which become more casual as time passes), clothing, etc. A handsome family indeed. I especially liked the tinting in the wedding photo & the chair Nellie is seated on. Thank you spot, most enjoyable. Precious memorabilia.
    Interesting

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post