Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION, BELIEVING HE DIED N ROSE AGAIN FOR YOUR SINS?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

0 0%
  • NO

1 33.33%
  • I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION

1 33.33%
  • OTHER

1 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A Prayer Of Salvation For Those Who Are Willing

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    08:56 PM

Re: A Prayer Of Salvation For Those Who Are Willing

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who were once afar off are made near by the blood of Christ.

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    (KJV)

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

Col 1:12 ¶ Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
    13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: {his...: Gr. the Son of his love}
    14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
    15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who were once afar off are made near by the blood of Christ.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

That prayer is based on Romans 10:9,10 "Ro 10:9 Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation....13 For everyone, "whoever shall call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

First promise of a Savior 1500 years before the Birth of Christ: Ge 3:15 And there will be war between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed: by him will your head be crushed and by you his foot will be wounded.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    01:56 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Would you like to clarify the meaning of this offer? Little steps at a time so we can work out why you think it carries meaning and I don't? Any discussion like this needs, I think, a vocabulary where everyone agrees what the essential words mean.

You say that a person performing this ritual "will go to heaven" when the person dies.

Perhaps you've never encountered death. Let me describe what happens. A person dies, breathing stops, the organs fail, the soft tissues either liquefy or mummify, the process cannot be reversed. The person is dead. The person is quite often incinerated.

How can the person go anywhere?

I am, actually, very interested to see what words we have different contradictory meanings for. I don't expect death to be one of them.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Would you like to clarify the meaning of this offer? Little steps at a time so we can work out why you think it carries meaning and I don't? Any discussion like this needs, I think, a vocabulary where everyone agrees what the essential words mean.

You say that a person performing this ritual "will go to heaven" when the person dies.

Perhaps you've never encountered death. Let me describe what happens. A person dies, breathing stops, the organs fail, the soft tissues either liquefy or mummify, the process cannot be reversed. The person is dead. The person is quite often incinerated.

How can the person go anywhere?

I am, actually, very interested to see what words we have different contradictory meanings for. I don't expect death to be one of them.
    First of all, man is not only a physical being. Man is made up of 3 aspects or parts: Body (Physical), Soul (Mind, Will and Emotions, Memories), Spirit (The Part of man that communes with God. When a person dies the physical body indeed does stay here and rot. There is no denying that. However, the soul and spirit continue to exist. We see much evidence for this, not only from Scripture, but also in the countless number of Near Death Experiences of people leaving their physical bodies and seeing the room from above. I personally have had such experiences on many occasions. When a person's physical body dies, I believe that God's angels come and usher their soul and spirit into heaven it's self. I believe that this experience is at least as real as when they were in their physical body, in fact, it is actually more real because I believe that these bodies are under the curse of Adam when he fell and our intelligence, perception, senses, ect. were all dulled by this fall. Once our soul is no longer inside our body, we are no longer bound by the curse or limitations of the physical body. When a non born again Christian dies, it's a time of horror. Demons come and drag their soul down into total blackness and hell to torment them. They still retain their memories and who they are, but they are no longer physical. This state is eternal. I have seen demons. I have been tormented by them mostly when I sleep. I have seen them in my dreams. That's another story. Once you die, whatever choices that you made in this life regarding God and salvation become eternal. We can no longer be saved at that point. That's why I am so passionate about the Gospel. When we are born physically in this world, we are body and soul, but our spirit is still born if you will. It's dead because our father Adam sinned against God and died spiritually, consequently, all of Adam's descendants died spiritually as a result. To be "Born Again" means that the Holy Spirit has resurrected this dead spirit inside of you (Literally) and that part of you can now commune with God. THAT'S why a born again Christian says that they have a genuine relationship with God. THEY DO! I DO. God can communicate with Born Again Christians on a level that transcends the physical and He does all of the time. He convicts us when we sin. We still have the free will to disobey, but our new Spirit is perfect and sinless and genuinely wants to obey and please God. Our fleshly body is still sinful and wars against our spirit daily. In other words, you still have a desire to sin, but your Spirit has a desire to please God and sometimes the flesh wins the battle and sometimes the Spirit wins the battle. The one that you feed will become dominant in your life. If I read the Bible and go to Church, I will become spiritually stronger and I will sin less. It will become easier for me to not sin. When I get away from God and His word, Church, ect. My spirit gets weaker and my flesh takes over. I sin more. Everything I am telling you is 100% reality, but it's not all in this physical realm. We exist in more than one realm at once. The physical realm and the spiritual realm.

Anyway, that's what it means. If you have anymore questions or if you want to PM me, I will be glad to honestly answer whatever you want.

Next, what causes a person to become "Born Again"? Let me answer that in a while, I have to go to the Chiropractor..lol...

I appreciate your honest question.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    01:56 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Thank you for the expansion on your use of words.

One in particular I'd like to delve into a bit. "Soul (Mind, Will and Emotions, Memories)".

I'm familiar with the brain. It's a part of the person which disintegrates after death. Throughout life it provides a physical store for memory among many other functions. This is demonstrated time and again when a brain is physically damaged and memory is affected. Memories can become permanently lost to a person by brain damage, this happens to a significant number of people.

If this physical damage permanently destroys some memories for a person, does the Soul retain those memories regardless? In other words, as I sit here typing, am I host to two completely independent memory systems, one in my brain and one in my Soul? If I lose memories from brain damage, can my mind access them from my other memory copy in my Soul?

Again, I'm trying to check that our vocabulary is consistent. You speak of the Soul as though it is a part of me. In how many parts of my self is my memory located?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Thank you for the expansion on your use of words.

One in particular I'd like to delve into a bit. "Soul (Mind, Will and Emotions, Memories)".

I'm familiar with the brain. It's a part of the person which disintegrates after death. Throughout life it provides a physical store for memory among many other functions. This is demonstrated time and again when a brain is physically damaged and memory is affected. Memories can become permanently lost to a person by brain damage, this happens to a significant number of people.

If this physical damage permanently destroys some memories for a person, does the Soul retain those memories regardless? In other words, as I sit here typing, am I host to two completely independent memory systems, one in my brain and one in my Soul? If I lose memories from brain damage, can my mind access them from my other memory copy in my Soul?

Again, I'm trying to check that our vocabulary is consistent. You speak of the Soul as though it is a part of me. In how many parts of my self is my memory located?
    As long as our soul and spirit reside inside of this physical body, it is bound by the limitations of this physical body. That's why I said that when a person dies, their senses are actually higher. Countless people HAVE had these Near Death or out of body experiences and they remembered everything that happened when they were in the Spirit. Obviously, memories are not just bound by the physical body. But yes I understand the physical part of the brain containing the access to memories while our souls are inside the physical bodies. The soul IS part of you. When you die, you will go on, no doubt. You will exist eternally after this life. You were created to live forever. Recap: I would say that yes memory is located in your physical body and your soul, but that doesn't mean that it's accessible if in this physical body if the physical part is damaged. Once you die, I personally believe that you will remember everything that's ever happened in your life. You will be much smarter, ect. But none of that matters if you haven't accepted Jesus free gift of salvation.

Did you read my thread "How to get to heaven when you die". It explains salvation and why, the legal aspect of it in heaven. God the Father is the judge, God the Son is a lawyer only for those who are born again, God the Holy Spirit directs Christians and convicts them when they sin. satan is the prosecutor. he accuses Christians before God day and night and Jesus is the Lawyer for the Christians. Non Christians have no legal representation or defense. They are automatically found guilty. This stuff is really happening LITERALLY in the spirit realm. God has HUGE plans for human beings, but they cannot be realized if the person won't accept Jesus pardon for their sins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast