Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION, BELIEVING HE DIED N ROSE AGAIN FOR YOUR SINS?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

0 0%
  • NO

1 33.33%
  • I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION

1 33.33%
  • OTHER

1 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A Prayer Of Salvation For Those Who Are Willing

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    01:57 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Re: A Prayer Of Salvation For Those Who Are Willing

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    As long as our soul and spirit reside inside of this physical body, it is bound by the limitations of this physical body. That's why I said that when a person dies, their senses are actually higher.
    Perhaps you could give an indication of where all this missing memory has been stored when brain damage precedes death by, say, ten years. The memories are no longer part of the body. They're not, you say, part of the Soul. From where are they restored after death?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    08:57 PM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Perhaps you could give an indication of where all this missing memory has been stored when brain damage precedes death by, say, ten years. The memories aren't part of the body. They're not, you say, part of the Soul. From where are they restored after death?
    Obviously, it's stored somewhere in our soul. Brain Damage is physical. I didn't say that the memories aren't stored in your physical body, but the soul plays a role as well. I am thinking that probably both store memories at the same time, but the soul is limited by the physical as long as it's joined to it. Otherwise, our body wouldn't be able to be controlled by it either.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

So my Soul, during my physical life, exists and has memories which I cannot access? In what sense is this Soul related to me, then. You tell me it has different memories to those I possess, it would consequently form a different will and experience different emotions to those I actually form and experience. That Soul is not me. It's a creation which has fed off my life and developed to a different conclusion than mine. Why should I be remotely interested in its fate?

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

So my Soul, during my physical life, exists and has memories which I cannot access? In what sense is this Soul related to me, then. You tell me it has different memories to those I possess, it would consequently form a different will and experience different emotions to those I actually form and experience. That Soul is not me. It's a creation which has fed off my life and developed to a different conclusion than mine. Why should I be remotely interested in its fate?
    Scientists will tell you that all of your memories are stored in your brain anyway, but you can't access them. They have used hypnosis to access these memories. I would say yes that is my opinion based on what I have learned all of your memories are also stored into your soulish mind/body. The Soul is the immaterial part of you. It never dies. I am not saying that it has different memories, just a complete record of everything that you have ever experienced, done, felt, ect. It IS the real you. It is your personality, memories, experiences, emotions, ect. When you die, you will continue in that state. People who have experience Near Death Experiences (I have done a lot of research on this) will tell you that they still feel the wind in their face, they can smell the flowers, they can a a minimum remember everything that they have ever remembered in this life, they communicate with other people, angels, ect. but they don't have to talk. They can hear each other's thoughts and even I have heard that they can feel each other's emotions. Their senses are greatly enhanced, 10 fold or more. An autistic person had a near death experience and no longer had autism while dead, but when his soul returned to his body, he had it again A blind person who had never seen anything in his life could see, but when he went back into his body, he could no longer see. Ect. Ect. This stuff is real. There are literally millions upon millions of these stories. Most Christians who experience heaven do not want to come back here in this miserable earth. Even little kids have been to heaven and returned during Near Death Experiences.

This guy has an Amazing Story, but he is only one of many: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0JByhq3sAI

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

Scientists will tell you that all of your memories are stored in your brain anyway, but you can't access them. They have used hypnosis to access these memories.
    We were discussing brain damage. I had dementia in mind but there's alternative forms of physical destruction of brain tissue from, for example, traffic accidents.

You appear to be saying that I am an incomplete form of myself, that this other Soul person who knows more and has a different will and emotions to me is the real me. I disagree - I know who I am, I'm the person sat at this keyboard typing this post, with all my imperfections of memory and my assorted ailments.

Whatever this Soul is, it most definitely isn't the person I am. You've described the differences. I have no interest in him, I owe him no fealty, I'm quite content that he should spend eternity in your alleged Hell if that's the consequence of my refusing to ask for salvation on his behalf. I, after all, will know nothing about his eventual suffering. I shall be happily, contentedly dead.

I'm not sure what reason you can give for my brain being able to store memories if this Soul can already do it perfectly. What is the point of this duplicated capability? Why is my body burning all these calories day after day in laying down new memory pathways in my imperfect and deteriorating brain if a better Soul memory system is already permanently attached to me?

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

We were discussing brain damage. I had dementia in mind but there's alternative forms of physical destruction of brain tissue from, for example, traffic accidents.

You appear to be saying that I am an incomplete form of myself, that this other Soul person who knows more and has a different will and emotions to me is the real me. I disagree - I know who I am, I'm the person sat at this keyboard typing this post, with all my imperfections of memory and my assorted ailments.

Whatever this Soul is, it most definitely isn't the person I am. You've described the differences. I have no interest in him, I owe him no fealty, I'm quite content that he should spend eternity in Hell if that's the consequence of my refusing to ask for salvation on his behalf. I, after all, will know nothing about his eventual suffering. I shall be happily, contentedly dead.
    No, I am saying that you are incomplete SPIRITUALLY IF you are not a born again Christian. I think the confusion you are having is that you are thinking that I said your soul is dead. Not true. It's not your soul that's dead, it's your spirit. The Spirit is the part of man that communes with God. Your spirit is that part of you that connects you to God. If you are spiritually dead, you cannot possibly commune with God nor can you please Him. That's why when Jesus casts those in hell He says "I never knew you" to them. Because they didn't have a real relationship with Him and it would be a true statement. You will remain who you are forever, whether in the flesh or in the spirit. If you aren't afraid of hell, go turn on burner of your stove and see how long you can keep your hand there.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

God the Father is the judge, God the Son is a lawyer only for those who are born again, God the Holy Spirit directs Christians and convicts them when they sin. satan is the prosecutor. he accuses Christians before God day and night and Jesus is the Lawyer for the Christians. Non Christians have no legal representation or defense. They are automatically found guilty.
    If only Christians (meaning a small subset of Christian-literalist oddballs who perform swearing-in rituals like the one in the opening post) have "legal representation or defense", and everyone outside that group is "automatically found guilty", it's not surprising everyone else on the planet mocks Bible Literalism. How anyone in their right mind can accept this God you describe as "good" baffles me. What meaning of "good" covers such genocide of all unbelievers? It would be repulsive were it not fiction. As fiction it's repulsive too. The essence of genocide is the reduction of outsiders to the status of a cockroach deserving death and eternal punishment, whether it's Jews, Rwandans or (in this instance) "Non Christians".

May I add that the whole notion laid out here could only have been constructed by a xenophobic American in love with his country's obsessive focus on litigation. There's an awful lot of those about.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

If only Christians (meaning a small subset of Christian-literalist oddballs who perform swearing-in rituals like the one in the opening post) have "legal representation or defense", and everyone outside that group is "automatically found guilty", it's not surprising everyone else on the planet mocks Bible Literalism. How anyone in their right mind can accept this God you describe as "good" baffles me. What meaning of "good" covers such genocide of all unbelievers? It would be repulsive were it not fiction. As fiction it's repulsive too. The essence of genocide is the reduction of outsiders to the status of a cockroach deserving death and eternal punishment, whether it's Jews, Rwandans or (in this instance) "Non Christians".

May I add that the whole notion laid out here could only have been constructed by a xenophobic American in love with his country's obsessive focus on litigation. There's an awful lot of those about.
    You aren't understanding WHY only those who accept Christ are saved. God is a Holy, absolutely perfect God. He CANNOT accept anything less than perfection because of His nature. He is also the King of the Universe in a Literal sense. God has given us laws to Govern His Universe, just as we have laws that govern nations, cities, ect. Sin is a crime against God, just as if we break the law such as steal, murder, rape, ect. in our Country, City, ect. we are committing a crime and go to prison. Hell is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. Those who break God's laws go to hell. Just as the President can pardon someone so that they don't have to go to prison, Jesus can pardon someone so that they don't have to go to hell. It's not because we deserve it, it's because of His mercy. Just as if the President pardons someone it's not because they deserve it. So, in order to obtain the pardon from the President, we have to accept it. What if they refuse to accept the pardon from the President? They have to pay for their crimes by going to prison. It's the same thing with Jesus, if we reject His pardon for our crimes (sins) we have to pay for our sins by going to prison (hell). The biggest issue is that hell is eternal because that spiritual realm has no time. Once you are there, there is no hope of ever getting out. God does NOT want you or anyone else to go there, but if a person rejects His pardon, He has no choice legally but to send them to hell. That prayer is simply about accepting the pardon that Jesus is offering you. Make sense? Why not accept it?

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    You aren't understanding WHY only those who accept Christ are saved. God is a Holy, absolutely perfect God. He CANNOT accept anything less than perfection because of His nature.
    There's the solution then. Damn God. Far less turmoil all over. Yours is not a description of "good" which I will accept.

All of this was argued to death in the seventeenth century. There must be an article on Spinoza that you can read.

That prayer is simply about accepting the pardon that Jesus is offering you. Make sense? Why not accept it?
    Because I have a measure of self-respect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast