This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    11:00 PM

Ghosts

I have to believe. Things moving dark figures peeking out at you banging of pans my cats hissing at nothing. Well they are not scaring anyone just want us to know they are here. Anyone else have any?

Cardi Goddess!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    02:00 AM
    Gifts Balloons Heart Cake

Re: Ghosts

Yup. I sense spirit. My son sees and my daughter is aware. Both have spoken separately of seeing a little girl in our house. I've spoken to the girl and told her we don't mind her being here but please don't frighten the children and it's been quiet since. Daughter hasn't seen her since I made that request but I know son speaks with her, she's harmless and it doesn't worry me one bit.

I sit in psychic circles weekly too, it's fascinating and I am the biggest cynic going but some of the stuff that comes through is pretty amazing.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    09:00 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Oh, no.
    My ghosts don't like me talkin' about them.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

I sense things moving dark figures peeking out at me banging of pans and if I had a cat then it would hiss at nothing. What I don't do is think there's any possible supernatural explanation for it. We live in a natural world, there are no supernatural extras, conscious spiritual entities carrying the memories and personality of the dead are a failed hypothesis left over from unenlightened times. Or does "ghosts" mean something else in this thread?

And why do people see ghosts with clothes on? Do dead clothes have an afterlife too? Much of what I wear may look that way but they're still the original clo.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I sense things moving dark figures peeking out at me banging of pans and if I had a cat then it would hiss at nothing. What I don't do is think there's any possible supernatural explanation for it. We live in a natural world, there are no supernatural extras, conscious spiritual entities carrying the memories and personality of the dead are a failed hypothesis left over from unenlightened times. Or does "ghosts" mean something else in this thread?

And why do people see ghosts with clothes on? Do dead clothes have an afterlife too? Much of what I wear may look that way but they're still the original clo.
    Now, spot, this is not the discussion they want to have, so don't infringe. Remember what group it is to be kind to this week.

As with anything cult-like, I'm amazed anyone would handicap their child's intellect by teaching them such nonsense. But hey, the children are "theirs", aren't they, so they do as they please with them.

BTW, what's with the poor sentence structure? Is this spot or spot jr.? I do remember you, junior. Nice to see you around.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    BTW, what's with the poor sentence structure?
    Direct quote of sentence two of the opening post, except I reversed the first and second person singular. The events described may well be true but the interpretation is faulty.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Direct quote of sentence two of the opening post, except I reversed the first and second person singular. The events described may well be true but the interpretation is faulty.
    Ah! I see. My bad!

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

My ex-wife of 35 years was raised to believe in ghosts and spirits. I chose to ignore it for a long time because she was absolutely gorgeous looking, sexually brave and learned to become a fabulous lover. Combined with the fact that we both were raging with hormones and were anxious to pass our genes along. Plus she followed me into the born-again movement and I figured that would put the ghost nonsense in check. It didn't really, she just suppressed it until later on in the relationship. I was able to shield my kids from it for the most part. That said, I was just as bad by raising the family in a religious cult myself. I've come to understand many of us to do the religious thing as young parents because the conservative group commiseration lifestyle feels safe.

We've both since moved on. She still believes in ghosts and spirits and I expect both of us are now probably asexual.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Ghosts are not necessarily about religion, AHSO!
    Life is not about religion, either, though you seem thoroughly haunted by it.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Ghosts are not necessarily about religion, AHSO!
    Life is not about religion, either, though you seem thoroughly haunted by it.
    there's no difference. And no, I'm not haunted by anything. You're getting into that defensive posture you take on. Relax, they're big girls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast