Cool

Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time
    05:09 AM
    Gifts Kitten

Re: Ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Demonic beatings?.......something's in the holy water today.
    He could have ingested the little demon bugger. I recall hearing about such happenings when I was a born-again Christian. They come out with some pretty wild stuff.

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    That's an interesting reply, however, let's start with the medical possibility first. Demonic or not, have you at least had the marks looked at by a medical doctor for possible treatment and relief? After all, you did begin getting these marks before you turned to God, so I assume seeking medical care was your first reaction? Only makes sense, right?
    They were bruises in the exact areas where I felt the demonic creature grab me on my arms and I couldn't physically have done it to myself whether in my sleep or not. I don't need a doctor to tell me what happened. I was a Christian at the time but I was not where I needed to be. I know a lot of other people who have had similar experiences. I have had other experiences with them where they have manipulated objects, awakened me in my sleep, seen them, had out of body experiences, ect. The point is that this stuff is real, but the source is satan. In every instance where I have been attacked by these creatures, they reacted violently to rebuking them in the name of Jesus Christ. They leave and the attack stops. God is real. The Bible is true.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    They were bruises in the exact areas where I felt the demonic creature grab me on my arms and I couldn't physically have done it to myself whether in my sleep or not. I don't need a doctor to tell me what happened. I was a Christian at the time but I was not where I needed to be. I know a lot of other people who have had similar experiences. I have had other experiences with them where they have manipulated objects, awakened me in my sleep, seen them, had out of body experiences, ect. The point is that this stuff is real, but the source is satan. In every instance where I have been attacked by these creatures, they reacted violently to rebuking them in the name of Jesus Christ. They leave and the attack stops. God is real. The Bible is true.
    You're certain the bruising is not being caused by any of the conditions in either of the following two links?

7 Health Conditions That Cause Strange Bruising And Bleeding, From Scurvy To Aging

https://www.healthline.com/symptom/bruises-easily

Ted
    Currently Online Now
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time
    02:09 AM

The Bible is not an a history book.. It is a piece of religious work.

Cardi Goddess!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time
    10:09 AM
    Gifts Balloons Heart Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    The Bible is not an historical writing. It is a piece of religious work.
    It's a piece of literature altered and changed to suit whichever King was in charge at the time.

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time

The Bible is not an a history book.. It is a piece of religious work.
    The Bible IS a history book. It's the History of the Jewish race, how it came to be and it's history of the lineage of the Messiah and His works, followers, message, ect.

Ted
    Currently Online Now
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time

Sorry but the book is not a history book. Read literally it presents absurdities. At the crucifixion the saints came out of their graves and walked around in Jerusalem!!!!! That is totally unbelievable. Same with the sun standing syill for 24 hours while Joshua finished his destruction of innocent people. Talking snakes!!! These and many others are simply ludicrous. This does not happen and the church if it maintains such will die. Most of the Bible is "Midrash". and has to be read as such. The four gospels contain the parables of Jesus as well as the parables about Jesus. If the saints coming out of t heir graves is historically accurate why is it not in the history books. That would be an incredible story to write about.

Ted
    Currently Online Now
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time

Betty in many ways you are correct. However let's not lose track of the wisdom therein. Yes the book has been redacted, added to and and subtract from. The ancient manuscriips were also copied and recopied by humans and so there is no doubt that things changed over time.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time

Sorry but the book is not a history book. Read literally it presents absurdities. At the crucifixion the saints came out of their graves and walked around in Jerusalem!!!!! That is totally unbelievable. Same with the sun standing syill for 24 hours while Joshua finished his destruction of innocent people. Talking snakes!!! These and many others are simply ludicrous. This does not happen and the church if it maintains such will die. Most of the Bible is "Midrash". and has to be read as such. The four gospels contain the parables of Jesus as well as the parables about Jesus. If the saints coming out of t heir graves is historically accurate why is it not in the history books. That would be an incredible story to write about.
    But it IS a history book. You just don't believe the history that's written in it. I do believe it. Question if God is able to create the whole earth out of nothing, don't you think He's strong enough to make the sun stand still? Make the saints come out of the graves at the Crucifixion? Make a Donkey talk? The Bible is not Midrash. You are kidding yourself. I have seen miracles from God in my own life. Were THEY Midrash too?

Ted
    Currently Online Now
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Xfrod I'm not denying that miracles do seem to happen. I simply don't believe God works that way. Oh yes it is not history. It is midrash. It;s not even reasonable to believe that.. I do think you are making God in your own image and you have made God into a being with a multiple personality disorder. Jesus was all about love and the kingdom and not the carrot and stick man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast