Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: The Book of Ghosts

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,303
    Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time
    05:08 AM
    Points
    5,060

    Re: Ghosts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Xfrod I'm not denying that miracles do seem to happen. I simply don't believe God works that way. Oh yes it is not history. It is midrash. It;s not even reasonable to believe that.. I do think you are making God in your own image and you have made God into a being with a multiple personality disorder. Jesus was all about love and the kingdom and not the carrot and stick man.
    Well, I've seen Him work that way and it IS history. It's not Midrash. It's not reasonable to think that God could create all things out of nothing, but He can't do the other things recorded in the Bible. I think you are making God in YOUR image because you don't believe what's actually written in the Bible. Jesus was about love, but He was also about judgement. Read the Bible. It means what it says and says what it means.

  2. #22
    Ted
    Currently Online Now
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gabriola Island BC
    Posts
    5,310
    Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time
    02:08 AM
    Points
    5,828

    Re: Ghosts

    Xfrod if you want to believe it that way go for it. I'm busy following in the footsteps of Jesus. Historian Bart Ehrmann started out as a fundamentalist but that drove him to declare that he had become an atheist then leter he decided he was an agnostic.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,303
    Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time
    05:08 AM
    Points
    5,060

    Re: Ghosts

    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    It's a piece of literature altered and changed to suit whichever King was in charge at the time.
    If that's true then why do all the prophecies fit together as they do hundreds of them?

  4. #24
    Ted
    Currently Online Now
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gabriola Island BC
    Posts
    5,310
    Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time
    02:08 AM
    Points
    5,828

    Re: Ghosts

    If you look at the prophets you will find that the whole of the life of the historical Jesus comes right out of the OT. "That the scriptures be fulfilled. Thus it doesn't matter where the historical Jesus was really born but the OT predicted he would be born in Bethlehem when in fact he was born in Nazareth. "That the prophecy be fulfilled." It seems to me that the desire to have the Bible literally true is a result of a lack of trust in God. It is like making the Bible into a contract that if broken can be tested in a court.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,303
    Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time
    05:08 AM
    Points
    5,060

    Re: Ghosts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    If you look at the prophets you will find that the whole of the life of the historical Jesus comes right out of the OT. "That the scriptures be fulfilled. Thus it doesn't matter where the historical Jesus was really born but the OT predicted he would be born in Bethlehem when in fact he was born in Nazareth. "That the prophecy be fulfilled." It seems to me that the desire to have the Bible literally true is a result of a lack of trust in God. It is like making the Bible into a contract that if broken can be tested in a court.
    Jesus Himself quoted the OT as authoritatively God's word. The eyewitnesses say that these things did happen as the OT predicted and there are many authors. They were the direct followers of Christ. There are hundreds of prophecies in the OT that could not have been coincidence.

  6. #26
    Ted
    Currently Online Now
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gabriola Island BC
    Posts
    5,310
    Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time
    02:08 AM
    Points
    5,828

    Re: Ghosts

    Many of those prophesies were written in hind sight. "That the prophesies may be fulfilled". Translation error "A version shall conceive" is incorrect It does read a Maiden has conceived and maiden has nothing whatsoever to do with sexuality. It is a young girl. Prophesies were written about the time of writing not about some distant event that will happen.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,303
    Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time
    05:08 AM
    Points
    5,060

    Re: Ghosts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Many of those prophesies were written in hind sight. "That the prophesies may be fulfilled". Translation error "A version shall conceive" is incorrect It does read a Maiden has conceived and maiden has nothing whatsoever to do with sexuality. It is a young girl. Prophesies were written about the time of writing not about some distant event that will happen.
    They were written after they were fulfilled. That term for virgin can mean virgin or it can mean young maiden. Immanuel literally means "God with us". How can Jesus be God if He wasn't conceived of the Holy Ghost as the NT says? You are saying that she had sex before she was married and yet the baby is a sign from God?


    A VIRGIN SHALL CONCEIVE AND BEAR A SON

    All these translators disagree with you:


    Verse (Click for Chapter)
    New International Version
    Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

    New Living Translation
    All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means 'God is with us').

    English Standard Version
    Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

    New American Standard Bible
    "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.

    King James Bible
    Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

    Holman Christian Standard Bible
    Therefore, the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive, have a son, and name him Immanuel.

    International Standard Version
    "Therefore the LORD himself will give you a sign. Watch! The virgin is conceiving a child, and will give birth to a son, and his name will be called Immanuel.

    NET Bible
    For this reason the sovereign master himself will give you a confirming sign. Look, this young woman is about to conceive and will give birth to a son. You, young woman, will name him Immanuel.

    New Heart English Bible
    Therefore the LORD himself will give you a sign. Look, the virgin will conceive, and bear a son, and will name him Immanuel.

    GOD'S WORD® Translation
    So the Lord himself will give you this sign: A virgin will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and she will name him Immanuel [God Is With Us].

    JPS Tanakh 1917
    Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign: behold, the young woman shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

    New American Standard 1977
    “Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.

    Jubilee Bible 2000
    Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son and shall call his name Immanuel.

    King James 2000 Bible
    Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

    American King James Version
    Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

    American Standard Version
    Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

    Douay-Rheims Bible
    Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign. Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel.

    Darby Bible Translation
    Therefore will the Lord himself give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and shall bring forth a son, and call his name Immanuel.

    English Revised Version
    Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

    Webster's Bible Translation
    Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

    World English Bible
    Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin will conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

    Young's Literal Translation
    Therefore the Lord Himself giveth to you a sign, Lo, the Virgin is conceiving, And is bringing forth a son, And hath called his name Immanuel,

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    is yep.........Me too
     
    I am:
    Awesome
     
    magentaflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Vic Aus
    Posts
    1,698
    Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time
    09:08 PM
    Points
    9,174

    Re: The Book of Ghosts

    I dont understand.
    You say that you were attacked because you spread the gospel......but then you say you sort god as a response to being attacked.

    Which is it?

    And if you sought god as a response to the attack ..... why would a demon drive you toward god?

    And...... why arent athiests attacked by demons.?

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,355
    Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time
    05:08 AM
    Points
    29,020
    Gifts Kitten

    Re: The Book of Ghosts

    I wouldn't expect an answer, not a truthful one anyway. This is obviously frodo's personal bs story on his Christianity. It's no more real than Pahu's science or the other member's being raised from the dead or the other member's biblical intellect or the one who's claiming a healing of an illness. They're all exaggerations at a minimum and most likely outright lies.

    Christians don't have to take questions when witnessing to each other (nor do the listeners have the capacity to think of critical questions to ask) so they can just endlessly bs one another. That's how they practice their spiel.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,303
    Local Date
    12-17-2017
    Local Time
    05:08 AM
    Points
    5,060

    Re: The Book of Ghosts

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    I dont understand.
    You say that you were attacked because you spread the gospel......but then you say you sort god as a response to being attacked.

    Which is it?

    And if you sought god as a response to the attack ..... why would a demon drive you toward god?

    And...... why arent athiests attacked by demons.?
    I have been attacked very much for spreading the Gospel by satan because he is at war with God and wants to convince people not to accept Jesus Christ's free gift of salvation. Yes, when I call out to God for help, He sends help. That is true. I have been attacked in many different ways. One way was that the demons have tried to smother me to death in my sleep. As it was smothering me, I called out for God to help me in my mind and I felt something knock it off me and I was able to breathe. That is one of many examples. Why aren't atheists attacked by demons? Because they are doing exactly what satan wants them to. They are believing a lie and satan likes that because he wants them to go to hell. There are times when they do get attacked in other ways that that person doesn't realize is demonic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2