I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    01:44 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Re: NHS makes undisclosed settlement to Richard Branson

Regarding the thread title I don't think I'd ever consider "Richard Branson" an interchangeable synonym for "Virgin" anything, I doubt whether he's ever made a single business decision within Virgin Care. He helped set up and part owns an investment group funded from his original hands-on business in the music industry, and the investment group took a stake in an existing medical company five years ago and restructured it within the Virgin stable.

The £328,000 lost to the NHS is a thousandth of what the NHS is due to be given in additional money every week by the Never-Ending Brexit Windfall, according to Boris and the Big Red Battle Bus, all we have to do is wait for him to divvy up.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    02:44 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

The Tories HAVE given £350 million extra to the NHS. But over the whole winter, not every week. How long will it be before it is claimed the promise has been fulfilled? After all, Liar Johnson has already claimed that it was just one possible thing that could be done with the money.

As it stands at present that £350 mill a week is a good start towards our £40 or 50 billion exit bill. This is for things like pensions for EU civil servants (our own among them) and commitments already made to infrastructure projects. I think it fairly clearly shows that brexiter claims that the UK had all the power in the negotiations are a load of rubbish.

And brexiters have now reopened the Irish Border issue. They have to resolve it to the Irish PM's satisfaction (Tusk stated this yesterday) before negotiations can move on to trade issues. Good luck with that one, especially since the DUP will almost certainly veto anything that the Irish PM would find acceptable.

If brexiters have restarted the Troubles that really will be an achievement.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    If brexiters have restarted the Troubles that really will be an achievement.
    I could solve the Irish problem, but it would involve indefinitely interning or exiling all the Orangemen and quite probably their wives too. The Isle of Man is usually spoken of as the appropriate holding area.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Cocktail Kitten Gift Balloons Balloons Ban Hammer Gift

Just for once, Mr. spot, I agree with you . Those aggressive, intimidating Orange marches, I feel are just carried on to stir up bad feelings. It is rather pathetic, to be honest, that grown men prance along streets tormenting a faction of the general public, hoping that they would be attacked by bystanders. The 'marching season' should be banned for the foreseeable future, then maybe some real peace will descend on Northern Ireland.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    02:44 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    It looks as though the Irish border issue won't be that difficult after all - at least not at this stage. All parties want it kept open so it's just a matter of a technological solution. More bureaucracy like so much else about brexit now we have to duplicate the EU agencies but not impossible. Smuggling might be a bit of an issue though.

One thing is clear about brexit - it's going to be expensive both up front and in in additional costs. As well as the cutting edge of fascism in this country, weakening us on the world stage, empowering Putin, damaging the rest of Europe and achieving nothing whatever positive.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

+ Reply to Thread