Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: im tired of this, and its turning people away

  1. #11
    Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    G#Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,987
    Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:55 PM
    Points
    12,501
    Gifts Heart Cocktail Kitten Gift Balloons Balloons Ban Hammer Gift

    Re: im tired of this, and its turning people away

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Airlock?
    Catapult?
    Lars you're being flippant - that's very naughty of you. I think MF is making a serious point. I happen to agree with her. Are you still a moderator, Lars ? Or have the moderators been disbanded. Perhaps Betty Boop is still one ? I don't see Chonsigirl or Carla or Mustang around on the boards, Have they all left ?
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

  2. #12
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,041
    Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    12:55 PM
    Points
    38,659
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: im tired of this, and its turning people away

    The only real solution is to put up more threads that are less "focused" on a particular type of discussion.
    (Complaints to the management might get some results if a particular individual(s) seems to be flooding the pages with unpopular subjects. )
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    is jellyfish
     
    I am:
    Awesome
     
    magentaflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Vic Aus
    Posts
    1,868
    Local Date
    06-19-2018
    Local Time
    04:55 AM
    Points
    10,062

    Re: im tired of this, and its turning people away

    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    I do agree with you MF, and that is perhaps a good reason to have a couple more moderators in different time zones in order to do what you suggest. At least there is now a thread devoted to members' (Green names) queries, complaints and possible judgements etc. which makes moderation more transparent, but one has to pay the very reasonable membership fee in order to have access to this particular thread. The membership fee, I would add, helps towards the expense of running this site.

    I doubt, however, that the number of 'green' members would cover the complete cost of this site, but the more 'green' members we have here, the better. I'm quite sure that the owner uses personal money to bolster up the expense, and I feel this is not right. Forum Garden is available for you all, for your enjoyment, so let's try to build it up, if only part way to how it used to be around 2007 - 2010.

    I know that many drift away, having become bored with the internet, and I know that some return after a while (I was one of those !). I also know that there are many people who find great company by being on a social chat forum like this, people who are housebound, people who live by themselves, lonely people who find friendship here and on similar sites. There are so many reasons why people are drawn to such a site as Forum Garden, so let's try to make it more interesting all round. We do need more members don't we ?
    Well gill, there has to be value for money. I payed once, but then found i was paying to be abused... thats all done and dusted now...moved on and came back after a spell. But what have i come back to? Im not complaing about the content persay....but maybe the working lack of it?

    Proposal......give a prize to the mod who can promote a particular area of the board successfully? Bit of cpmpetition there. Even to the extent of filing away of members interests for future invites to particular topics?

  4. #14
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,041
    Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    12:55 PM
    Points
    38,659
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: im tired of this, and its turning people away

    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    Lars you're being flippant - that's very naughty of you. I think MF is making a serious point. I happen to agree with her. Are you still a moderator, Lars ? Or have the moderators been disbanded. Perhaps Betty Boop is still one ? I don't see Chonsigirl or Carla or Mustang around on the boards, Have they all left ?
    Sorry, Gill. One of my faults is to resort to flippancy too often.
    I agree with You and Mags but as a junior mod, I have no authority to deal with the issue being complained about. Catapult and Airlock are ways such things are dealt with in other forums and discussion groups where I am, or have been a member.

    Like any other service, direct complaints to management would be the most effective method of getting results.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    is jellyfish
     
    I am:
    Awesome
     
    magentaflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Vic Aus
    Posts
    1,868
    Local Date
    06-19-2018
    Local Time
    04:55 AM
    Points
    10,062

    Re: im tired of this, and its turning people away

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    The only real solution is to put up more threads that are less "focused" on a particular type of discussion.
    (Complaints to the management might get some results if a particular individual(s) seems to be flooding the pages with unpopular subjects. )
    Its not the subjects by themselves....the entire world has an opinion on trump..... its when those particular thread becomes not one of discussion/ argument or debate but of product promotion (no matter what the topic is)

  6. #16
    Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    G#Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,987
    Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:55 PM
    Points
    12,501
    Gifts Heart Cocktail Kitten Gift Balloons Balloons Ban Hammer Gift

    Re: im tired of this, and its turning people away

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Sorry, Gill. One of my faults is to resort to flippancy too often.
    I agree with You and Mags but as a junior mod, I have no authority to deal with the issue being complained about. Catapult and Airlock are ways such things are dealt with in other forums and discussion groups where I am, or have been a member.

    Like any other service, direct complaints to management would be the most effective method of getting results.

    In the 'good old days' when I was a moderator, I had the ability to join two like threads into one, (after a mod discussion though) and various other abilities only available to moderators. I can remember one day that I spent hours deleting an attack of spammers - there must have been dozens of spam posts, but I think they eventually got the message that they were not wanted on Forum Garden ! Also, in those days, the general membership were not privileged to read what was said in the 'mod room'. Nowadays, at least, the membership (paid up 'green') have a thread in order to air their views, ask questions, discuss an 'iffy' post, and see which member has just received a warning, or a complaint, and I believe that the 'mod room' is now well and truly in the history books. There are benefits of being a paid-up member, and that is why I pay for my membership. I do agree with you Lars, that direct complaint to management is probably the most effective way to get results, and there is a ! at bottom left of each post - when you click on it you can write down a complaint direct to management
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

  7. #17
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,041
    Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    12:55 PM
    Points
    38,659
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: im tired of this, and its turning people away

    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    In the 'good old days' when I was a moderator, I had the ability to join two like threads into one, (after a mod discussion though) and various other abilities only available to moderators. I can remember one day that I spent hours deleting an attack of spammers - there must have been dozens of spam posts, but I think they eventually got the message that they were not wanted on Forum Garden ! Also, in those days, the general membership were not privileged to read what was said in the 'mod room'. Nowadays, at least, the membership (paid up 'green') have a thread in order to air their views, ask questions, discuss an 'iffy' post, and see which member has just received a warning, or a complaint, and I believe that the 'mod room' is now well and truly in the history books. There are benefits of being a paid-up member, and that is why I pay for my membership. I do agree with you Lars, that direct complaint to management is probably the most effective way to get results, and there is a ! at bottom left of each post - when you click on it you can write down a complaint direct to management
    Hmmm, you may be on to something there.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

  8. #18
    Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    G#Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,987
    Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:55 PM
    Points
    12,501
    Gifts Heart Cocktail Kitten Gift Balloons Balloons Ban Hammer Gift

    Re: im tired of this, and its turning people away

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Sorry, Gill. One of my faults is to resort to flippancy too often.
    I agree with You and Mags but as a junior mod, I have no authority to deal with the issue being complained about. Catapult and Airlock are ways such things are dealt with in other forums and discussion groups where I am, or have been a member.

    Like any other service, direct complaints to management would be the most effective method of getting results.
    You're alright, Lars LOL, but what the heck is Catapult and Airlock when it's at home ? (apart, of course, from the obvious proper meanings !)
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

  9. #19
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,041
    Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    12:55 PM
    Points
    38,659
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: im tired of this, and its turning people away

    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    You're alright, Lars LOL, but what the heck is Catapult and Airlock when it's at home ? (apart, of course, from the obvious proper meanings !)
    When people get annoying there is always the threat to put them out the Airlock, or catapult them over the fence. Basically gamer talk for removing them from the group/membership.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    is jellyfish
     
    I am:
    Awesome
     
    magentaflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Vic Aus
    Posts
    1,868
    Local Date
    06-19-2018
    Local Time
    04:55 AM
    Points
    10,062

    Re: im tired of this, and its turning people away

    Register to remove this ad.
    Im glad now the computer froze on me last night and i had a good think about how to raise the topic in a milder manner. This is good that we're talking about it.

    (Trust me the post i wrote last night eould have thoroughly entertained you all.....but would have got me put out to the back paddock for awhile. And im chuffed that its not just me .....)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2