I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    04-24-2018
    Local Time
    12:08 AM
    Gifts Balloons Heart Cake

Re: Looking after yourself

There's another side to empty nest too, the realisation that your child will quite possibly never leave home.
    I'm not talking about the cost of living and being unable to afford to move out. I'm talking about an invisible disability that means they are just simply unable to cope independently for any length of time.
    Guilt is a never ending thing to endure, made worse by judgemental people who perceive you live a wonderful life as a carer. There's never a moment when you're not worried about what might happen next as it's all so unpredictable.

April is World Autism Awareness month, I'd like to get to a time when people don't just brush off my children as not being that bad, they look ok after all. Until you live with Autism people have no clue what it's actually like.

Looking after ourselves is something us Autism Mum's dream of and we'd probably struggle to cope with all the free time we might suddenly have Hell, we'd probably all be able to stop taking the happy pills too.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-24-2018
    Local Time
    12:08 AM

Re: Looking after yourself

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    There's another side to empty nest too, the realisation that your child will quite possibly never leave home.
    I'm not talking about the cost of living and being unable to afford to move out. I'm talking about an invisible disability that means they are just simply unable to cope independently for any length of time.
    Guilt is a never ending thing to endure, made worse by judgemental people who perceive you live a wonderful life as a carer. There's never a moment when you're not worried about what might happen next as it's all so unpredictable.

April is World Autism Awareness month, I'd like to get to a time when people don't just brush off my children as not being that bad, they look ok after all. Until you live with Autism people have no clue what it's actually like.

Looking after ourselves is something us Autism Mum's dream of and we'd probably struggle to cope with all the free time we might suddenly have Hell, we'd probably all be able to stop taking the happy pills too.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

β€œIt is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing.”

β€” Mother Theresa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2