----

Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:34 PM
    Gifts Balloons Gift Car Cocktail Balloons Cocktail Cake

Re: Teachers walk off their jobs

Mag
    I agree with the teachers striking. When our Governor was running for election his platform was Education. More funds for teachers & supporting staff - bring back the arts & music to schools BLAH BLAH. He won the election - 1 st thing he did was reduce funding for Education/schools/ kids/ idiot. he removed 20 million.
    This Governor brought this teacher action on himself..

Day 3 - I'm so proud of the people - communities coming together to help with kids/family's situation.

I now have a lot of Grandkids visiting friends & others in my neighborhood.

I'm wondering what took the Teachers sooooooo long to strike?

Patsy

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    08:34 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:34 PM
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    "Back in the day" the schools would use aptitude tests, among other things, to help steer the student. I guess they don't do that anymore.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-19-2018
    Local Time
    03:34 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Education is a tool, just like a hammer or saw, some can use the tool for its proper purpose, in the wrong hands some tools are useless.

Education should be getting the correct tool into the right hands.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-19-2018
    Local Time
    03:34 AM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

posted by bruv
    Education is a tool, just like a hammer or saw, some can use the tool for its proper purpose, in the wrong hands some tools are useless.

Education should be getting the correct tool into the right hands.
    No it shouldn't that's straight out the right wing handbook - train the population to work in the factories and preferably without the ability to think for themselves and queation the way things are. It won't work and never actually did an educated workforce should and would be able to adapt to any future job changes - the days when you spent your woprking life in the same job disappeared along with the last century. it should equip leavers with the means to be able to adapt to the future - even shop workers use computers nowadays and the odds are peopl;e will have many occupations thgroughout their working career there's no point training people for jobs that no longer exist. We have ceo's that can't understand the need for cybersecurity because they think IT is just an expense, i know lawyers that can'rt send an e-mail for themselves even. I saw a bit of mark zuckerberg with the senators most of them are arouind my age their level of ignorance is appalling becauise they left school withouitb the capacity to keep learning. Same with our own we have politicians deciuding our future with a skill set from the 1980's

I rember when I was working in retail in the eighties arguing with a group or teachers talking aboiut how qualifications didn't matter -that shop work didn't require real numeracy or literacy skills that's how detached from reality they were - how can you work out how much stock to bring out never mind fill in an application. Even a forklift driver needs to understand basic physics so he doesn't kill himself, hairdressers need a working knowledge of chemistry. There is nothing for which a broadly based education can't prepare you for after leaving school nowadys workers need to keep learning as they go. How often have you heard someone boast they can't work a computer? I know poeple that struggle with a GPS and can't read maps that to me are pretty basic skills.

In the UK we have a government that seems to think anyone can walk in off the street and be a teacher tell me how can you teach maths or any of the sciences if you don't have at least a degree in the subject? What other country bangs on about apprenticeships and then takes away bursaries for anyone training tro be a nurse?

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    10:34 PM
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

Register to remove this ad.
    Just received the following pm from a new member, Glenny.

"Teachers walk off the job
    Concerning teachers walking off the job you wrote: "What do you feel about the issues which caused the walk-out?" This is a sign of "the last days" of all present day governments. -2 Timothy 3:1. Would you like to learn more?

Thanks,
    Kathy and Glen
    labellaglen@gmail.com"

Troll, don't ever write to me again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3