I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    10:30 AM

Re: Archaeology and the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post

Do you know, there's not a word there in "2Chronicles 9:13-28" about Solomon owning a single mine at all. Not even an implication of a mine. Much less a copper mine.

Man do I disagree with that, YOU just don't see it. Vs. 13-14 Solomon had 666talents of Gold " Besides " that which was traded or bought, which means he Mined it, or " Made it." Vs.16-He " Made" 300 sheilds of " Beaten Gold", or refined Gold in a mine. Vs.27" he " Made Silver", meaning he mined it. Any land that yeilds Gold and Silver, will yeild the lesser Copper ( or Brass), thats just common sense.

Solomon had Hiram build many things for him, in 1Kings 7:45 Hiram " Made" pails, shovels, bowls and all utensils in Solomons house out of Polished " Brass", or Copper, and he got the Copper from Solomons mines.

After searching for 20 years Archaeologist Nelson Glueck found a ruined site the natives traditiuonally called " Copper Ruin." He excavated. Crumbled walls and furnaces black with heap of Copper Slag proved to be a once great Copper Smelter. Further south 7 simular mines were unearthed. Pottery in all of them were from the time of Solomon. Glueck followed the biblical description of an ancient city-" Ezion-geber" beside Eloth on the shore of the Red Sea in the land of Edom, 1Kings 9:26 and located the Copper mines.

These mines in fact still produce Ore and are operated by Solomons Kinsmen. Fulfilling Duet. 8:7-9 A land out of whose hills thou mayest dig Brass ( Copper.)

Peace.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time

Then I note in the thread that, having some familiarity with your claimed sources, they don't in the least say what you've claimed they contain. I also note that I disagree with your interpretations of other "evidence" - the Black Obelisk, for example, gives no hint of where your biblical king reigned, .

Well again, I certainly disagree with you. On the top of the Obelisk itself it is inscribed each tribute from each visting King. It describes " The Tribute of Jehu", who was Israels King at that time, 2Kings 9th and 10th chapters. Its right there on the Obelisk, both in letter inscription and a artist rendition of how Jehu looked in a drawing. This is just simple evidence, its just right there,

Its just not for you to see.

Peace.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    06:30 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

I'm entirely happy with both of your last two posts. They leave the thread with all the evidence anyone reading the thread needs, if they go and check what each of us has claimed, as to whose statements are more reasonable and accurate.

If this thread was posted by a Muslim making an equivalent set of claims about Islam, you'd be mocking it to pieces and laughing your head off at the folly shown by the poster. All that's keeping you to your course is your need for belief.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time

I'm entirely happy with both of your last two posts. They leave the thread with all the evidence anyone reading the thread needs, if they go and check what each of us has claimed, as to whose statements are more reasonable and accurate.

If this thread was posted by a Muslim making an equivalent set of claims about Islam, you'd be mocking it to pieces and laughing your head off at the folly shown by the poster. All that's keeping you to your course is your need for belief.

Well history keeps me on course, and I have shown nothing that history does not record. When Jehoiakim became King over Judah, Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, came to Jerusalem and made him his servant. In servitude for three years, Jehoiakim rebelled, and God sent judgement on him for the innocent blood he shed. Nebuchadnezzar bound him in fetters ( chains) and carried him and the vessels of the house of the Lord to Babylon, 2Kings 24:1-5; 2Chron.36:5-7. Listed in the first deportation was Daniel, Dan.1:1-6.

The second deportation took place under the reign of Jehoiachin, when Nebuchadnezzar came back and took Jehoiachin and all his mighty men of valor to Babylon. He destroyed the vessels of the Temple ( which had replaced the ones previously taken by Nebuchadnezzar) and left the poorest of the people to remain in the land, 2Kings 24:8-16, 2Chron.36:9,10. Ezekiel was included in this group, Ezk.1:1-2. Other cities attacked by Nebuchadnezzar-Lachish, which had been rebuilt, and Azekiah. The seal of Gedaliah, ruler of those remaining in the land, has been found. 2Kings 25:27-30. They found the " Lachish Letters", I have copys of those.

The third and final deportation took place under King Zedekiah. This time Nebuchadnezzar put a blockade around Jerusalem, causing a famine. When the people tried to flee he captured them, set fire to the whole city, and broke down its walls. He showed no compassion, all were taken captive except the poorest of the poor, who were left to till the soil, 2Kings 25:1-21, 2Chron.36:11-21. The final overthrow of the southern Kingdom of Judah is recorded in these words: " So Judah was carried away out of their land", 2Kings 25:21, and remained in captivity for 70 years until the Medes and Persians defeated the Babylonians, 2Chron. 36:20-23.

Judahs Captivity was foretold by Moses, Duet. 28:36,47-52. Their captivity was again foretold 150 years before it happened, Isaiah 6:11,12, and Babylon was predicted as the place of captivity, Micah 4:9,10. Jeremiah informs us that these predictions were fulfilled when Nebuchadnezzar made his three attacks on Jerusalem, 52:27-30.

I consider this very accurate in history, very unique proof of the bibles relevance in any study of our history, and realism. Stunning accuracy to the trained eye.

But let me go into more simpler finds in Archaeology which are just as stunning.

Peace.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time

I am pleasantly surprised that this site offers leads to the evidence of the biblical citys of Sodom and Gormorah being found. Stunning evidence, follow the links shown by Forumgarden.

Peace.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    Well history keeps me on course, and I have shown nothing that history does not record.
    That may well be the case. What I take exception to is your interpretation of what history records.

If this thread was posted by a Mormon making an equivalent set of claims about Moroni, you'd be mocking it to pieces and laughing your head off at the folly shown by the poster. All that's keeping you to your course is your need for belief.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time

When fighting broke out between the Jews and the Arabs in 1947, the bible brought to light a simular invasion by Israel against Syria twenty eight hundred years ago, 2Sam. 8:5-6,10:17-19. Believing that the terrain would force a simular invasion route, the Israelites familiarized themselves with the countryside and biblical details of that battle centuries ago. As expected, the Syrians followed the same route and the Jewish soldiers won the battle over Syria, this is recorded history, no problem in interpiting it.

The bible also helped to discover an ancient road going toward Egypts central garrison. Under cover of darkness the Israelies sped along this ancient route and took the Egyptians by surprise.

The " Six Days War" in June 1967, in which Israel overwhelmingly defeated three countries, Syria, Jordan and Egypt, was largely due to these same tactics, plus their lightning speed attack. They used the bible to win these wars.

Now it does not matter to me how anyone interpits these recorded facts, they are a part of recorded history.

Peace.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time

Then we have the Flood of Noah. As I researched it, there are over 33 seperate racial records amoungst different cultures in their history concerning a great flood. Of this number, only two fail to coincide with Moses account, Egyptian and Scandinavian. The English, Hindus, Aztecs of Mexico, Incas of Peru, the Fiji Islanders, even American Indians have traditional stories about this great flood.

Peace.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    Then we have the Flood of Noah. As I researched it, there are over 33 seperate racial records amoungst different cultures in their history concerning a great flood. Of this number, only two fail to coincide with Moses account, Egyptian and Scandinavian. The English, Hindus, Aztecs of Mexico, Incas of Peru, the Fiji Islanders, even American Indians have traditional stories about this great flood.

Peace.
    Which is the English one? I'd quite like to read that.

Ted
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Spot

Unfortunately it is the same old same old from this particular poster (Mickiel). I guess he likes to see his name in print. I did originally think that maybe there was a slight chance he might have changed but so far have seen none.

Shalom
    Ted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast