I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    10:19 AM

Re: Is God Real?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    You state that conciousness can only come from conciousness and claim the evolution of conciousness to be impossible without explaining why.
    I have already explained why, just not to your satisfaction. Consciousness cannot evolve by natural selection. In fact, the cofounder of the theory of evolution, Alfred Russel Wallace, could no longer see continuity in the theory, its discontinuities were terrifying and absolute. In Wallaces own words;" Mans conscious faculties, particularly, could not possibly have been developed by means of the same laws which have determined the progressive development of the organic world in general, and also of mans physical organism.

Wallace felt that the evidence showed that some metaphysical force had directed evolution at three different points; the beginning of life, the beginning of consciousness, and the beginning of civilized culture.

Peace.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    01:19 PM
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    Now I want to go into Archaeology and how it proves God. The bible speaks of many persons, places and things, and if evidence of those things can be found, then that gives credance to the bible, and to its message, thus its God. Archaeologist have actually found the house of the Apostle Peter, the house of Mary and Martha, the Tomb of Joseph, and the Tomb of Lazarus. All stunning finds, all direct friends of Jesus himself, and we have them all. Incredible evidence of the bibles relevance, and thus more evidence of God.

Peace.
    Prove it. Show us some accepted evidence from non-religious archaeologists.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    I've totally missed the announcements of these finds, could you please point me at the details as I'd be fascinated to see how they identified them.
    Look it up on the internet, and while your looking, also refer to the stunning find of Herod the greats tomb.

Peace.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time

Archaeologist have found the " Garden of Gethsemane", where Christ prayed. They found the " Damascus Gate", through which Christ made his exit from Jerusalem to be killed. They found the " Via Dolorosa", part of the actual pavement where Christ stood before Pilate. Stunningly they have all these things, which proved the man existed. Which proves the relevance of the bible, which proves the existence of its God.

Peace.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

I have already explained why, just not to your satisfaction. Consciousness cannot evolve by natural selection. In fact, the cofounder of the theory of evolution, Alfred Russel Wallace, could no longer see continuity in the theory, its discontinuities were terrifying and absolute. In Wallaces own words;" Mans conscious faculties, particularly, could not possibly have been developed by means of the same laws which have determined the progressive development of the organic world in general, and also of mans physical organism.

Wallace felt that the evidence showed that some metaphysical force had directed evolution at three different points; the beginning of life, the beginning of consciousness, and the beginning of civilized culture.

Peace.
    Again, you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. Out of one side of your mouth you deny Evolutionary Theory, and out the other side you attempt to cite it. Make up your mind.

Consciousness is a state of being which grew from the evolution of the brain (in size). So consciousness is a direct result of evolution by natural selection.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Archaeologist have found the " Garden of Gethsemane", where Christ prayed. They found the " Damascus Gate", through which Christ made his exit from Jerusalem to be killed. They found the " Via Dolorosa", part of the actual pavement where Christ stood before Pilate. Stunningly they have all these things, which proved the man existed. Which proves the relevance of the bible, which proves the existence of its God.

Peace.
    Simply because the bible story may have used actual places in which to tell its tale, does not prove any historical events in the bible.

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    06:19 PM
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Peace.
    You explained nothing, just stated "facts" without evidence.

Neither is the opinion of a nineteenth century philosopher conclusive. He was working at the very beginning of the theory before evidence of the mechanisms involved had been gathered.

You also ignore the points I made :-

Conciousness is not an on-off switch, there are gradations and degrees of conciousness which, at some point depending on the observer, moves from non-concious to semi-concious to concious.

Several of the apes have conciousness of self - to a lesser degree than humans it is true but it is there and can be measured.
    Indeed, in post #4 you state outright "apes are not conscious beings". Where do you get that from? Apes have been taught sign language and, whilst their talk is childlike it does show self-awareness.

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    06:19 PM
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Look it up on the internet, and while your looking, also refer to the stunning find of Herod the greats tomb.

Peace.
    You've made the claim, you must have seen the evidence - I cannot find it and I'm asking for your assistance because I seriously would be interested to see it.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Again, you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. Out of one side of your mouth you deny Evolutionary Theory, .
    The co-founder of the theory denied it to. I don't blame him, the theory is rubbish. Did you know that Archaeologist Nelson Glueck discovered King Solomons Copper mines, you know, the ones mentioned in 1Kings 7:45. Did you know he used the bible as a road map to help him find it? Truly a stunning evidence of the bibles historical accuracy, and more proof of its God.

Peace.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Register to remove this ad.
    The co-founder of the theory denied it to. I don't blame him, the theory is rubbish. Did you know that Archaeologist Nelson Glueck discovered King Solomons Copper mines, you know, the ones mentioned in 1Kings 7:45. Did you know he used the bible as a road map to help him find it? Truly a stunning evidence of the bibles historical accuracy, and more proof of its God.

Peace.
    More misinterpretations.

So why are you citing natural selection as a method of disproving the evolution of consciousness?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 245 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast