Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: If your not interested in God, then why are you so interested?

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-20-2014
    Local Time
    02:07 PM

If your not interested in God, then why are you so interested?

Its really a case study in human nature to observe people who pretend not to be interested in God. Like the Atheist who frequent religious message boards every single day, but hide their obvious interest and give lame excuses for their attraction to God and religion. Or the agnostic, who seems stuck in the middle of nuetral. Its hard to even count the number of Atheist in the world, because so many of them are in the closet and don't tell the public, and most stat keepers just don't care how many Atheist there are anyway.

But they certainly keep their interest in God in the closet.

Mad Arse Face
    is relaxed

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-20-2014
    Local Time
    03:07 PM
    Gifts Kitten Balloons Kitten Beer

Re: If your not interested in God, then why are you so interested?

My idea of 'god' probably isn't the same as yours and, no offense, I'm really NOT interested in your God... the bearded accountant in cloudland that keeps a tally of your sins... which come to think of it, sounds a lot like Santa Claus.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-20-2014
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by SnoozeAgain View Post
    My idea of 'god' probably isn't the same as yours and, no offense, I'm really NOT interested in your God... the bearded accountant in cloudland that keeps a tally of your sins... which come to think of it, sounds a lot like Santa Claus.

Your here, your reading religious messages, your interested. Your sarcasm and insults toward God are a common way for the closet interested to respond; those who use that approach think it gives the impression that they are not interested. That trick is transparent and I see through it; you are interested in God, its a closet interest, and every Atheist who post here has it.

And I am going to prove that in this thread.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-20-2014
    Local Time

With all the failures of religion and its obvious confusion, many people who are really interested in God, are turned off by religion. But they maintain their interest. This is a growing group, and in my view, interest in God cannot be killed by the errors in religion; that's just an Atheist hope; the failures of religion is a favorite Atheistic propaganda - they will magnify any religious stupidity and any increase in their own ranks.

Interest in God is a living thought in the consciousness, that's " Why" some Atheist have trouble hiding it and are inwardly ashamed of it; they secretly know its there. Interest in God is a strange recurring dream to the Agnostic.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-20-2014
    Local Time
    10:07 PM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

You rather miss the point. An atheist is not someone who is not interested in god and religion rather they are usually people who are, or at some point have been, very interested and after much study and contemplation have come to the conclusion that they do not believe god exists and that following any of the established religions or any of the not so well established is not for them. Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities or even of one and only god. Since the bible is rejected by atheists as being the word of god quoting bits from it is not much of an argument. Most religious people - at least those who post on forums like this, don't like debating with atheists because they usually find they are talking to people who know a great deal about religion and can quote the bible back at them and they can't handle having all the inconsistencies and contradictions pointed out to them. Many religious people who post on forums like this do not even know their biblical history, who wrote it, what bits were deliberately left out of what we call the new testaments and why and when reference is made to the non secret meeting when the decisions were made and all the various debates that went on about it and get rather upset and go away convinced it is all some conspiracy theory cooked up to destroy the credibility of religion.

Your basic premise that atheists hide an interest in god is nonsense. Rather curious as to why you think they are afraid to come out of the closet - could it be because you live in a community where they would be persecuted by a religious majority?

Your here, your reading religious messages, your interested. Your sarcasm and insults toward God are a common way for the closet interested to respond; those who use that approach think it gives the impression that they are not interested. That trick is transparent and I see through it; you are interested in God, its a closet interest, and every Atheist who post here has it.

And I am going to prove that in this thread.
    You're talking bollocks, I doubt very much you would find any atheists on this forum who would deny a interest in god or religion. What they have decided is that it is a load of bunkum. As you rightly point out if they weren't interested they wouldn't bother reading posts about religion, usually it's in the forlorn hope of being able to discuss something they find of interest with an individual or individuals that don't throw their toys out the pram if someone disagrees with them. When it really comes right down to it to be religious you have to be irrational so perhaps throwing a tantrum is only to be expected. That was sarcasm by the way in case you weren't sure.

Mad Arse Face
    is relaxed

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-20-2014
    Local Time
    03:07 PM
    Gifts Kitten Balloons Kitten Beer

Mickiel: sarcasm yes, insults... unintended. And if you bother to look, I very VERY seldom post in the religious section of this forum. I just happened to see your silly post on the front page or I never would have read it.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-20-2014
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by SnoozeAgain View Post
    Mickiel: sarcasm yes, insults... unintended. And if you bother to look, I very VERY seldom post in the religious section of this forum. I just happened to see your silly post on the front page or I never would have read it.

Explain to me why you are reading what you consider " Silly"; I think that's an excuse your using to hide your attraction and interest.

Atheist are " Closet minded", they hide their true interest in God. Like the excuse that they " Used to be in religion, now they are out"; yes out, but still interested; and with most Atheist, I think its an intense interest in God. There would be no Atheism if God did not exist; there would be no Atheism without Theism; the Atheist existence depends soley on God and religion. I already know and understand that, so no Atheist can hide their interest or " Excuse away their interest" from me; so I can see this stuff in them; it pours out like sweat.

One of the real reasons that Atheist dog religion, is because they fear it and God, perhaps more than most religious people do. Atheist " Pay attention" to God and religion intensely and with a dedication. That's why they will eventually make good believers, they already are " Following God", just in a negative vein.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-20-2014
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Gift Car Cocktail Balloons Cocktail Cake

Mickiel

I'm always learning - I find other beliefs interesting - I don't want your belief or others pounded into me - I will still have my own belief.

But - I don't believe your in any position to rattle out slander to get your point across.

You feel strongly in your belief - a Atheist feels strong also and so and so and so on..

I don't think your God would be pleased with labeling - I'm in a closet.

I will pray for you
    Patsy

Supporting Member
    is I am counting the cost of Christmas

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-20-2014
    Local Time
    10:07 PM
    Gifts Mop Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    Your here, your reading religious messages, your interested.
    "Your thread title, "if your not interested in God, then why are you so interested ? " is not a religious message, its an invitation. If your arrogance cant see that, you should steer clear of open forum and stick to preaching to those that care about YOUR religion because that's what it is, YOURS

eta.... It seems the "fear" you allude to is yours and not atheists. Its why you have asked the question
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-20-2014
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsy Warnick View Post
    Mickiel

I'm always learning - I find other beliefs interesting - I don't want your belief or others pounded into me - I will still have my own belief.

But - I don't believe your in any position to rattle out slander to get your point across.

You feel strongly in your belief - a Atheist feels strong also and so and so and so on..

I don't think your God would be pleased with labeling - I'm in a closet.

I will pray for you
    Patsy

The pounding you speak of is one of the errors in religion, I disagree with it myself. And I hold no interest in slander, I am making a point in thread; and asking a question of those hypicritical unbelievers in God. Not in religion. You admit to interest in other beliefs, I often wonder if Atheist are so interested in other beliefs, then why are they so interested? They flock around message boards like flies and swarm religious sites with no end, but yet some claim not to be interested in God, which I think is a serious lie.

Unbelief is the other side of belief, and not as seperate as we are lead to believe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast