is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    05-25-2017
    Local Time
    03:42 AM

When religious discussion is no longer " General."

I have not posted in this section for awhile, and I kind of don't want to see it wasted away. Its like seeing a house you used to live in, just rotting away. I hope its okay with the members if I try and shoot a little life into it, and then be on my way again. I have been playing the arcade games here, and hoping someonelse would do it, but perhaps there is just not much interest.

Did you know that even in religion, the thoughts can go deep? I mean not the general basic stuff, for surface dwellers, but actually get into areas of knowledge that even science has yet to travel? I used to do that here a bit, the thread on was primordial man conscious? Just jumping into things which were beyond me, and enjoying the experience.

One thing that goes beyond religious knowledge, is that God himself wanted religion to fail? A statement that would surprise the religious minded people, they would be shocked at it! One would think that God supports religion, backs it up, guides it, but none of those are really true.

One may ask, " Well how do you know?' Well I read it. In the bible, God is not a respecter of any person , and religions are just a bunch of persons, so why would he respect their religions? But the world has respected religions and their teachings;

A serious error in history, and now. The world should have never respected religions in the manner in which they have.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    05-25-2017
    Local Time
    04:42 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: When religious discussion is no longer " General."

I have to agree. Most people seem to confuse God and Religion.
    "You don't need to know all the answers. Nobody is yet smart enough to even know all the questions."
    - Anonymous

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    05-25-2017
    Local Time
    06:42 AM
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    I have not posted in this section for awhile, and I kind of don't want to see it wasted away. Its like seeing a house you used to live in, just rotting away. I hope its okay with the members if I try and shoot a little life into it, and then be on my way again. I have been playing the arcade games here, and hoping someonelse would do it, but perhaps there is just not much interest.

Did you know that even in religion, the thoughts can go deep? I mean not the general basic stuff, for surface dwellers, but actually get into areas of knowledge that even science has yet to travel? I used to do that here a bit, the thread on was primordial man conscious? Just jumping into things which were beyond me, and enjoying the experience.
    You used the threads in the forum as a blog. FG provides blogs for what you were posting where it's closed to comments from other members. Nobody prevented you from doing anything, you simply didn't appreciate challenges made to your self-created myths. Not that there's anything wrong with personal myths except accept that that's what they are. It's not reality.

As for what you refer to as deep thoughts, that's called imagination and I'm glad you have one. Unfortunately for you, yours is centered on religion, and religion just doesn't command attention from the masses as it once did. Religion is dying, and God is dying right along with it. I understand you don't want to call your myth a religion, but again, unfortunately for you, that's exactly what it is. God and belief is religion. Sorry about being blunt.

One thing that goes beyond religious knowledge, is that God himself wanted religion to fail? A statement that would surprise the religious minded people, they would be shocked at it! One would think that God supports religion, backs it up, guides it, but none of those are really true.
    Where did this information come from? God? If that's the case be prepared to prove that somehow.

One may ask, " Well how do you know?' Well I read it. In the bible, God is not a respecter of any person , and religions are just a bunch of persons, so why would he respect their religions? But the world has respected religions and their teachings;
    This is a total contradiction to the bible. If you were correct why then the laws and rituals God supposedly outlined in the old testament?

A serious error in history, and now. The world should have never respected religions in the manner in which they have.
    Says who? You? While I agree that religion is antiquated, so is the notion of any God. I can say that if you can say what you've said and I'm just as correct as you are because there is nothing concrete to establish which is right and which is wrong. There's no way of knowing because it's all myth and nothing more. And it's past its time, which is why we are observing the level of fallout we are. Societies are evolving, get used to it, it's what societies do.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    05-25-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    How so? I'm asking in a generic sense, not that any one or group of persons lack understanding in your personal myth's mindset. Since there is no established and concrete definition of either "God" or "Religion" and both are interchangeable depending on the individual or group, what makes yours correct?

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    05-25-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Come to think of it, you could be correct; religion exists, God doesn't.

Proudly humble

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    05-25-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Come to think of it, you could be correct; religion exists, God doesn't.
    That is one way of looking at it, I suppose.

There are religions who do not require God to exist. In fact most of them are more about governing personal behavior than they are about God.
    Many hang their god up on the wall, or keep him in a book, and never recognize the god that lives in their heart.
    "You don't need to know all the answers. Nobody is yet smart enough to even know all the questions."
    - Anonymous

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    05-25-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

The only thing in your heart is blood. If we're discussing what happens in certain regions of the brain then we can do that with the proper language and information. I expect neither one is us is qualified to have that conversation outside some very basic knowledge. However, substituting "heart" for "brain" and any erroneous information included is storytelling and not fact. Which is fine provided the storytelling is presented as such and not represented as fact.

Proudly humble

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    05-25-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    The only thing in your heart is blood. If we're discussing what happens in certain regions of the brain then we can do that with the proper language and information. I expect neither one is us is qualified to have that conversation outside some very basic knowledge. However, substituting "heart" for "brain" and any erroneous information included is storytelling and not fact. Which is fine provided the storytelling is presented as such and not represented as fact.
    So, then, why are you posting in a religious forum, if you reject all religion?
    (on which you and Mickiel seem to agree.)

There are people in the world who are perfectly comfortable with their religion and don't have to have other people agree with them.
    You should be as comfortable with your atheism.
    - Anonymous

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    05-25-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

I don't practice any religion, but that doesn't mean I reject all religion. All I'm saying is present it for what it is; Myth, as opposed to fact. I'm not objecting to the posting in the forum, I'm challenging the accuracy of the presentation.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    05-25-2017
    Local Time
    11:42 AM
    Gifts Beer Cake

Register to remove this ad.
    I thought the only answer to come from Deep Thought was 42.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast