is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    11:11 PM

Re: The fear of this site being religious

We can share a personal experience in an open manner if we wish; how we share does not change the experience.

Ted
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time

You are so correct on that one though some are not content to leave it there.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-23-2018
    Local Time
    02:11 AM
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I just love when I have an experience that some psychologist tries to tell me the "truth" It was my experience and not hers or his. It was my experience and thus my interpretation. How can anyone in most cases tell someone else what they experienced: hate, altruism, love, humor, comedy, comfort both mental and physical, desires. etc.
    How long have you been seeing a psychologist, Ted? And why?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time

You are so correct on that one though some are not content to leave it there.

Well we will help them see our points , as we begin to see theirs; and we will start a new age here of mutual understanding.

Hopefully we can see the beginning of fear being removed.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    Well we will help them see our points , as we begin to see theirs; and we will start a new age here of mutual understanding.

Fear goes away as facts begin to peek through. The subject of God need not be feared or snubbed; its a main horse to ride.

Ted
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time

Some become so narrow mined they think they have all the answers.. Our new clergy has a phd in astronomy and a phd in phisics. LOL.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-23-2018
    Local Time
    07:11 AM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

I just love when I have an experience that some psychologist tries to tell me the "truth" It was my experience and not hers or his. It was my experience and thus my interpretation. How can anyone in most cases tell someone else what they experienced: hate, altruism, love, humor, comedy, comfort both mental and physical, desires. etc.
    That statement doesn't actually make any sense. If it's your experience of god for example then it's your experience and interpretation but it's not real for anyone else. What was the psychologist saying to you?

posted by mickiel

You're the one that fears god because you believe there is one. It's bit hard to fear something that isn't actually real

posted by ted
    Some become so narrow mined they think they have all the answers.. Our new clergy has a phd in astronomy and a phd in phisics. LOL.
    I think you and ted come on here because you seek reassurance what you believe is actually real and find it by completely ignoring anything that might actually comfirm the doubts you have. Read the bible, like many atheists it was after reading it for myself I began on the road to being an atheist i.e. someone who does not think there is sufficient evidence to prove the existence of god. Mickiel for certain has not actually read the bible as he has demonstrated on several occasions. If it's proof of god, as thosew who believe in an inerrant bible would have us believe then he is at best insane at worst a sadistic torturer of mankind with the realtionship of god to man one of abuser and abused.

I can't prove there is no god but I don't have to as the onus is on the one making the claim that something exists to prove it's validity. If sonething exists you should be able to produce evidence for it. neither of you can all you can do is cloak yourselves in the invisible cloak of superior knowledge and understanding. Faith is belief in something without reason you don't have to prove yopur faith to anyone but the religious insist they have the moral right to interfere with the lives cof others and tell them how to live and what is right and wrong. Human rights and equality are secular concepts that even now the reigious try and curb. I like discussing religion and politics but when talking to someone that believes they are right and everyone else wrong sometiomes all you can do is extend them the tolerance they refuse others and not let them become too powerful.

Anyway you two are back on ignore at bleast for a wwhile.

Ted
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time

BS. To each his own.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-23-2018
    Local Time
    07:11 AM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

BS. To each his own.
    Yes to each his own and because you live in a secular society you can belive and worship any way you want. Thank your imaginary friend that you don't live in a theocracy. All religion is a made up fantasy none of them have any basis in reality. God of the gaps, I can't explain why things happen god must have done it and his ways are mysterious.

Did you god create evil? If he didn't then he is not omnipotent as you believe. If he did then he's a sadistic manipulator playing with the humanity he made. In case you;re wondering i don't believe there is such a thing as evil it's just a convenient scapegoat to avoid thinking about why people do "evil" things. The holocaust was one of the greatest evils (for want of a better word) perpetrated in modern times. It was done in the name of god - one religious group persecuting another.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I do fear God in certain ways of fear. And I think its wise to do that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast