I am:
    Sad

Local Date
    09-20-2018
    Local Time
    02:21 AM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Re: The fear of this site being religious

why do you fear him? i thought he was a loving god?.......must be a very shallow god if he expects you to worship him out of fear

but then he cant be a loving god.....if he was he wouldnt allow children to be shot in school or allow children to be raped or molested by priests.....the very people who are preaching 'his' word
    The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(\/)
    (-_-)
    (")(")

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-19-2018
    Local Time
    06:21 PM

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    why do you fear him? i thought he was a loving god?.......must be a very shallow god if he expects you to worship him out of fear

but then he cant be a loving god.....if he was he wouldnt allow children to be shot in school or allow children to be raped or molested by priests.....the very people who are preaching 'his' word

The fear I have is out of awe and respect and honor, not scared of him.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-19-2018
    Local Time

Often I come to this religious section, and its like I am walking through an empty tunnel. Just my own thoughts as company. And I wonder why; deeply why, so many seem to avoid this lifestyle conversation. Its as if they think religion will stick to them like glue.

So I walk some more and just try not to bother anyone;

its getting to be like the Maytag repairman; a lonely job.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-19-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post

Those are things that people do. , Not God. Evil is a result of us doing our own thing. God most certainly allows it. And when he returns, our evil will be a witness as to how much we really need him. But God has done evil, which is surprising. And when he does it, it's just nothing we can do about it.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-19-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    Those are things that people do. , Not God. Evil is a result of us doing our own thing. God most certainly allows it. And when he returns, our evil will be a witness as to how much we really need him. But God has done evil, which is surprising. And when he does it, it's just nothing we can do about it.

Yet evil and God is a solid biblical concept, notice the book of Isaiah 45:7, ( God is speaking), "I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create evil; I, the Lord, do All these things. Well it does not get any plainer than that, God created evil for a reason, much of which I am just trying to figure out.

If I may guess a few reasons why;

1. To teach us the lesson of what evil will do when God leaves us to ourselves with it.

2. The knowledge of it. I think God wanted us to be aware of evil, so we can " Be like him and Jesus". Notice Genesis 3:22, ( God speaking again, notice what he says here), Behold, the man is become as one of us, to " Know Good and Evil." So to know both good and evil is a Godly thing, its a higher awareness.

3. Evil did NOT always exist , but good has. God created evil to use it in our creation and our lives;, I think God is getting something out of it that will benefit us all in the long run, just how he is accomplishing this, I am not sure. The biblical reasoning given is the parable of " The Potter", who beats and burns the clay until he has created a thing of beauty. God is doing this with evil for sure.

Ted
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-19-2018
    Local Time

Yes there is both good and evil. Job is the best attempt to explain evil and it is a total failure. It presents evil but does not explain it's existence. A quote from
    Genesis Para "f=God saw all that He made and called it very good." I do not believe that God created evil.. That is just a myth. Cain and Abel are myths as well. Most if not all of the Bible is midrash.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-20-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    The fear I have is out of awe and respect and honor, not scared of him.
    Then why did you say you wee afraid of him?

Did god create evil? If he did why would anyone worship such a being if he didn't then he is not the omnipotent being you believe he is so why would you worship?

I feel sad when I look at this threrad. You look for answers but think believe you already have them but actually know it is all nonsense which is why you look for answers but you like to believe you have all the ansers which is why you keep looking. Every time something is brought up that challenges your beliefs you cannot cope so you either completely ignore it or just restate the blief thgat you know is a load of bollocks. Mickiel says his belief in god comes from the bible but obvioulsy hasn't read it ted keeps saying the bible is midrash as if that is some great revelation that only he has spotted. You can waste a lifetime believing things that are not true and many people do so and do great harm to others in the process. If mickiel stopped posting to himself this thread would not exist. Lose religion lose the fear be your own man and stiop mblaoming god for your problems

Ted
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-19-2018
    Local Time

This sight is religious. I've heard evangelicals and evangelical atheists who were just as adamant as the Christian ones.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-20-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    I don't care whether you think it is or not.

There is no such thing as an evangelical atheist the two are mutually exclusive. If you don't know what what the words evangelical and atheist mean I suggest you look them up.

What exactly do you think the word atheist means?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast