Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eden. Original Sin or Original Virtue?

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-15-2018
    Local Time
    01:45 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: Eden. Original Sin or Original Virtue?

It has been several decades since I ever really considered the whole G of E story as anything more than a fable, anyway. I regularly got booted from bible studies for pointing out what appears to be rather obvious.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    10-15-2018
    Local Time
    03:45 PM
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    OK, "Christian Scholars" (These days that seems almost oxymoron material, Hmmm? )

Now I may just have to go read up on it from the Hebraic point of view.
    Please do. That way, you are going to the origins, the core, of your adopted belief system.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-15-2018
    Local Time
    01:45 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Please do. That way, you are going to the origins, the core, of your adopted belief system.
    After posting that comment, I did exactly that. Found some very interesting stuff.
    I always (well, for a long time) knew that the "Original Sin" concept was a Xtian construct. It never really bothered me much, as I have long seen that the whole thing was a Myth/Fable more intended to teaching stories than Historical Documentation. So, when I get into discussions about Bible Stories, I am usually in it to discuss the philosophical aspects that the historicity.

The cool thing about folk tales, and fables is that there are always more to the story line that the established message.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

Banned
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-15-2018
    Local Time
    11:45 AM

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    It has been several decades since I ever really considered the whole G of E story as anything more than a fable, anyway. I regularly got booted from bible studies for pointing out what appears to be rather obvious.
    You then wrote this.

" I am usually in it to discuss the philosophical aspects that the historicity. "

The philosophy of this tales is what has been used to demonize, denigrate and discriminate against women and gays for over 2,000 years now.

Why did you choose to just get kicked out instead of trying to fight the poor theology and philosophy and perhaps help to ease the damage that this myth is bringing to women and gays?

For evil to grow, all grouchy people need do is nothing.

Regards
    DL

Banned
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-15-2018
    Local Time
    11:45 AM

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    In light of that good advise.

What is God? | Big Think

The above may be why the Jewish oral tradition as well as Gnostic Christians like me call God I am, and yes, we and the Jews see God as a man.

Regards
    DL

This user has no status.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    10-15-2018
    Local Time
    03:45 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Jews have never believed that anyone who is not a Jew will go to an imaginary place of eternal torment called "hell ".
    Christians invented the concept of original sin and the death of Jesus to redeem mankind long after the actual Jesus lived , assuming he actually existed which is not 100 percent proven .
    Later , the religion of Islam created the notion that anyone who is not a Muslim will also go to an imaginary place of eternal torment . The Koran was written many years after the death of Mohamed , who according to reports was completely illiterate , and contains numerous statements ATTRIBUTED to him , just as the New Testament contains numerous statements ATTRIBUTED to Jesus and was written long after his death .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3