I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    11:00 PM
    Gifts Mop Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Saint Teresa of Calcutta

It has to be mentioned, since the beatification of Mother Teresa has been realised.

Mother Teresa of Calcutta has been canonised. So called miracles are still occurring, unless of course you are a child buried under rubble as a result of an earthquake.

A bizarre notion that a woman with abdominal pains was miraculously cured, even though she was being treated by doctors. To hell with children with bone cancer, eh ?

Mother was no Saint in the everyday sense of the word. She allowed children to suffer in pain in the belief that the suffering bought them closer to God.

"There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ's Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,"
    It's a hideous belief and hideous that so many people give her and her the adoration she clearly doesn't deserve.

She didn't suffer the way her orphans did. She was gifted the comfort of a modern American hospital to help ease the pain of her passing. Maybe she was more concerned with the pain of dying than being closer to God herself.

Mother Teresa: Anything but a saint... | EurekAlert! Science News
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

Banned
    is On loan

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    02:00 PM

Re: Saint Teresa of Calcutta

I can fully comprehend past Saints qualifications, as in biblical times, the evidence required would not have been available and it would be difficult to rebut claims of miracles. The technology available today, i would have thought, made it nigh impossible to claim she had performed miracles.

How to Become a Saint in the Catholic Church - dummies

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

There was a recent local outcry at Rome's decision to declare Junipero Serra a saint. He, with the help of his soldiers, enslaved a local population of Native Americans so the empire he represented could profit from their labor and production. He preached at those he enslaved and wore the robes of a priest while doing it, making it a "missionary effort". The descendants of those who were enslaved were horrified that Rome was honoring him and calling him a saint.

is jellyfish

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-15-2018
    Local Time
    09:00 AM

Every religion has 'saints' its just a term used to denote a person who esteems some kind of holy upon holies. I dont know why anyone would care except Catholics themselves whether mother theresa is venerated.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    10:00 PM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

You're right non catholics don't care if the catholic church has saints or not but these delusional people who see nothing wong with protecting paedophiles to protect their church claim the moral high ground and interfere with the lives of non believers around the world causing great harm in the process but because they do so in the name of religion are we supposed to just turn a blind eye? That they can make someone like maria theresa a saint is not something that should not be commented on.

Ted
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time

I see a problem in judging without knowing all the facts and motivations and understanding.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I see a problem in judging without knowing all the facts and motivations and understanding.
    Why would you assume that is the case?

Ted
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time

Why? Do we really know what happened in many cases and the motivations for the actions. Then of course they are all filtered through human brains which are never perfect. One witness saiys it was a blue car and the next that it was red????????

is jellyfish

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-15-2018
    Local Time
    09:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    You're right non catholics don't care if the catholic church has saints or not but these delusional people who see nothing wong with protecting paedophiles to protect their church claim the moral high ground and interfere with the lives of non believers around the world causing great harm in the process but because they do so in the name of religion are we supposed to just turn a blind eye? That they can make someone like maria theresa a saint is not something that should not be commented on.
    It used to be a very long time before anyone could be cannonised a saint. But considering (under canon law) she considered a living saint.... this particular person had people working around the clock for years to make this happen.
    Plus they have an image problem at the moment.
    But i find commenting on a CEO being elected to a company as none of my business unless im a shareholder.
    As i said its for Catholics to get off on spiritually, it doesnt affect anyone else.
    Once it does though, then complain. Otherwise its just another story on the news. Like a royal wedding......no hang on! They broadcast those events live around the world.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    It used to be a very long time before anyone could be cannonised a saint. But considering (under canon law) she considered a living saint.... this particular person had people working around the clock for years to make this happen.
    Plus they have an image problem at the moment.
    But i find commenting on a CEO being elected to a company as none of my business unless im a shareholder.
    As i said its for Catholics to get off on spiritually, it doesnt affect anyone else.
    Once it does though, then complain. Otherwise its just another story on the news. Like a royal wedding......no hang on! They broadcast those events live around the world.
    It does become yours if the actions of that company have an effect on you and you have a right to object, If a big corporation does something and you are not a shareholder does not mean you cannot object. That so many take what the pope says as the word of god is epresing in this day and age. We readily condemn the islamic fundamentalist who unquestioningly blows himself up at the behest of a priest but it's no different in principle from those who are anti homosexual because someone told them that is what is in the bible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast