I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time
    10:23 PM
    Gifts Beer Cake

Re: Intelligent design and creationism

Quoting ancient passages from a primitive culture who would happily believe in any fairy tale they were told as truth in no way supports anything. They are simply reiterating everyone else. It's like trying to argue in favour of Tory policy at a Labour conference, or vice versa. It's not going to happen. All that will happen is like you get at PMQs when a Tory gets up to ask a question - "Does my honourable friend agree with me about how wonderful we are"? It's a non question. It doesn't challenge anything, and of course, the answer is never going to be a denial. You see what you want to see. You hear what you want to hear. You deny all facts to the contrary. Politics & Religion have a great deal in common in that respect.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

I see mickiel is still pretending he has read the bible.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time
    02:23 PM

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    I see mickiel is still pretending he has read the bible.

Oh I have read a lot of it , but I understand very little about it. But I will say that the design of our inter planetary regions , human and animal life , the cosmic universe , and cats are indeed a sure sign of intelligence outside of humanity. We did NOT design any of that , and I reject the nonsense notion that it designed itself.

It should be illegal to teach elementary students that all this just popped up out from nothing , or developed itself after a big bang boomed at some self appointed time in time.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

So, you would be opposed to teaching something being taught that according to ever increasing physical evidence is that best possible solution to fit the known facts but would be in favour of teaching that all this came from an invidible Sky Daddy, who the only evidence for comes from a story book passed down through millenia by word of mouth, interpretations, embellishments, translations & just plain fiction? You would be opposed to teaching that eons of evolution developed the base elements into life as we know it today in favour of those same elements (dust) being made into an adult male in a moment? You would be opposed to teaching the theory of the Big Bang, when it has been proven that the Universe is expanding from the presumed point of origin of this Big Bang in favour of everything coming from nothing on the word of this invisible Sky Daddy (who, obviously, came from nothing)? Yeah - makes a lot of sense that does.

Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time
    04:23 PM
    Gifts Beer Naughty Mag Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    Oh I have read a lot of it , but I understand very little about it. But I will say that the design of our inter planetary regions , human and animal life , the cosmic universe , and cats are indeed a sure sign of intelligence outside of humanity. We did NOT design any of that , and I reject the nonsense notion that it designed itself.

It should be illegal to teach elementary students that all this just popped up out from nothing , or developed itself after a big bang boomed at some self appointed time in time.
    CATS!! CATS!! Surely you jest. Cats have to be the work of the devil himself..

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    So, you would be opposed to teaching something being taught that according to ever increasing physical evidence is that best possible solution to fit the known facts but would be in favour of teaching that all this came from an invidible Sky Daddy, who the only evidence for comes from a story book passed down through millenia by word of mouth, interpretations, embellishments, translations & just plain fiction? You would be opposed to teaching that eons of evolution developed the base elements into life as we know it today in favour of those same elements (dust) being made into an adult male in a moment? You would be opposed to teaching the theory of the Big Bang, when it has been proven that the Universe is expanding from the presumed point of origin of this Big Bang in favour of everything coming from nothing on the word of this invisible Sky Daddy (who, obviously, came from nothing)? Yeah - makes a lot of sense that does.

If I may use simple terminology; you are suggesting , but only to a very larger imagined extent , that given time a piece of nothing could develop into something far more complex than a fully manufactured 2017 GMC Envoy Station Wagon, ( if I may use my vehicle of choice and style), you know, eons of self creating metals , plastic , rubber , steel, and glass ; just incredibly design itself and its complex patterns, give itself wheels and windows and seats; wire itself and give itself rack and pinion, steering, a brake system, ignition, a battery, front and rear end design; an oil sending unit, hydraulic cylinder internal combustion engine; goodness - I could make a page long list of unlisted parts that I will spare you of ; but you suggest something like this has created life;

man, please!

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

If I may use simple terminology; you are suggesting , but only to a very larger imagined extent , that given time a piece of nothing could develop into something far more complex than a fully manufactured 2017 GMC Envoy Station Wagon, ( if I may use my vehicle of choice and style), you know, eons of self creating metals , plastic , rubber , steel, and glass ; just incredibly design itself and its complex patterns, give itself wheels and windows and seats; wire itself and give itself rack and pinion, steering, a brake system, ignition, a battery, front and rear end design; an oil sending unit, hydraulic cylinder internal combustion engine; goodness - I could make a page long list of unlisted parts that I will spare you of ; but you suggest something like this has created life;

man, please!
    Science offers an explanation of the universe based on what can be examined and proved or disproved there is no scientist claiming to have an explanation as to how or why the universe started, the big bang theory is an explanation based on what we know. But no one can answer the question as to what started it all off you would be very hard pushed to find a scientist tp say they do all they can pint to is a theory that stands up to close examination based on what we know, if we learn more that their may change.

The religious don't know either but invent an explanation based on the theory that there must be a super being that caused it all and try to insist that they and only they have the right answer and everyone else should not disagree or question. If a god or gods created the universe then provide the proof. A god that refuses to reveal himself ( moves in mysterious ways and all the other sops that the religious come up with) is no different from a god that does not actually exist.

Go away read the bible so you can hold your own in discussion (this is a discussion site after all) of the bible, you should be embarassed that atheists have greater knpwledge that you and if you are going to be disparaging about science at least take the time to find out what the big bang theory actually is and if you can disprove it then Ilook forward tom seeing you get the niobel price for science

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Science offers an explanation of the universe based on what can be examined and proved or disproved there is no scientist claiming to have an explanation as to how or why the universe started, the big bang theory is an explanation based on what we know. But no one can answer the question as to what started it all off you would be very hard pushed to find a scientist tp say they do all they can pint to is a theory that stands up to close examination based on what we know, if we learn more that their may change.

The religious don't know either but invent an explanation based on the theory that there must be a super being that caused it all and try to insist that they and only they have the right answer and everyone else should not disagree or question. If a god or gods created the universe then provide the proof. A god that refuses to reveal himself ( moves in mysterious ways and all the other sops that the religious come up with) is no different from a god that does not actually exist.

Go away read the bible so you can hold your own in discussion (this is a discussion site after all) of the bible, you should be embarassed that atheists have greater knpwledge that you and if you are going to be disparaging about science at least take the time to find out what the big bang theory actually is and if you can disprove it then Ilook forward tom seeing you get the niobel price for science

Here's a theory for you that I have; eternal life for humans is not a sales gimmick from God; its a right for humans that comes from their Father. Its real, its unaffected by anything , and its a byproduct of the Great love of this Great being, which we just are fortunate enough to be in his favor. Its a done deal kind of thing. Something which nothing can stop.

I have seen examples of how life can stop, how my own life can be given a stopwatch and the doctors say that I will not go beyond 6 months. I have now personally seen how God can take you beyond what limits men put on you. Even take your understanding beyond that of men , and help you peer into the blind spots , that put together the puzzles in life ; that helps you see what God has intended not to be seen. then he places you on the verge of knowing;

Knowing;

Knowing what?

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Here's a theory for you that I have; eternal life for humans is not a sales gimmick from God; its a right for humans that comes from their Father. Its real, its unaffected by anything , and its a byproduct of the Great love of this Great being, which we just are fortunate enough to be in his favor. Its a done deal kind of thing. Something which nothing can stop.

I have seen examples of how life can stop, how my own life can be given a stopwatch and the doctors say that I will not go beyond 6 months. I have now personally seen how God can take you beyond what limits men put on you. Even take your understanding beyond that of men , and help you peer into the blind spots , that put together the puzzles in life ; that helps you see what God has intended not to be seen. then he places you on the verge of knowing;

Knowing;

Knowing what?
    If it's real then you should be able to provide some evidence of that existence but you cannot.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-21-2017
    Local Time
    05:23 PM
    Gifts Kitten

Register to remove this ad.
    Whatever brand of morphine one uses to dull pain.

I have seen examples of how life can stop, how my own life can be given a stopwatch and the doctors say that I will not go beyond 6 months. I have now personally seen how God can take you beyond what limits men put on you. Even take your understanding beyond that of men
    An incorrect medical diagnosis/prognosis is no more proof of any God than a faulty weather prediction is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast