Cool

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    08:24 AM
    Gifts Kitten

Re: Intelligent design and creationism

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Well, if the narrative of simple human development, without any "spiritual interference" (From whatever source, Gods, high-minded individuals, personal epiphany, Alien influence, whatever) is the only truth, it seems that all any of us are really doing is making it up as we go along. But then some random distribution of humans have developed a common collection of experiences, and those who fall in line with the consensus are considered sane, while the rest a merely making it up. I believe that it is all imagination, without which, the planet would have been quite boring for the last few millennia.
    That's closer than most get to. Once you do get it figured out and it becomes real, be sure for the sake of your loved ones that there are no guns nearby. Consciousness can be a real bitch.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    05:24 AM

In theory there can be several stages of creative thought. I understand and believe that man has creative thought, but I do not believe that man created himself or the universe. I do not believe that nature has creative thought. In my view, creative thought can only derive from creative beings. Intelligent design and creationism then, are the result of a clear choice from a creative mind to create. And intelligent design and creationism are a clear result of consciousness! Consciousness can create and develop what it creates. Which is why I believe that primordial man was not conscious, because they did not advance. Animals are not conscious beings because they never change , they simply live out their lives in predictable patterns.

Intelligent design is deliberate intent that arose out from a working conscious ; a living consciousness; nothing dead can create. Rocks are dead matter, they cannot grow and evolve. Matter does not deliberately think and plan, because matter is not conscious. It is stunning ignorance to me how people readily accept that matter can create and design and develop itself and other things. Simply stunning!

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    06:24 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

"You don't need to know all the answers. Nobody is yet smart enough to even know all the questions."
    - Anonymous

Ted
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time

Interesting thought on free will.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time

I personally do not accept the free will concept. Instead of giving my views , I offer this article;

https://bible-truths.com/lake15.html

Its quite extensive , but I agree with it. And so many are completely blind to this, because they know no other way to think. Our thinking can become like a " Rut"; or just get installed in us at a young age, and then just stay there and fester ; never growing beyond.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    08:24 AM
    Gifts Kitten

Lots of goofballs out there. Reading the posts on these religious threads and the citations serves to reinforce my damnation of the American educational system (and causes Canada's to be suspect as well).

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Lots of goofballs out there. Reading the posts on these religious threads and the citations serves to reinforce my damnation of the American educational system (and causes Canada's to be suspect as well).

Well we are glad to have you in section ; welcome. I kind of enjoy picking at your head.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    01:24 PM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    I personally do not accept the free will concept. Instead of giving my views , I offer this article;

https://bible-truths.com/lake15.html

Its quite extensive , but I agree with it. And so many are completely blind to this, because they know no other way to think. Our thinking can become like a " Rut"; or just get installed in us at a young age, and then just stay there and fester ; never growing beyond.
    You should read the bible for yourself and do some research then maybe you would stop coming out with the nonsense that you do. At tye very least you might appreciate that if you do not have free will then the god you wish to believe in is a capricious, vicious malignant force worthy of nothing but contempt.

If the bible is true why do so many religious people just quote the bits they want to use for their own ends. Don't answer just having a minor rant I get fed up with religious posters that can't even be bopthered to read thaie own book.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    You should read the bible for yourself and do some research then maybe you would stop coming out with the nonsense that you do. At tye very least you might appreciate that if you do not have free will then the god you wish to believe in is a capricious, vicious malignant force worthy of nothing but contempt.

If the bible is true why do so many religious people just quote the bits they want to use for their own ends. Don't answer just having a minor rant I get fed up with religious posters that can't even be bopthered to read thaie own book.
    God is a force and he can get vicious; and in my view, bible readers and believers have every right to pick and choose any scripture they wish to. If its there to pick, its free game.

As far as you having your rant, I understand; it can happen when you drink and drive, or drink and write. You are transparent, I see through you!

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    01:24 PM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    God is a force and he can get vicious; and in my view, bible readers and believers have every right to pick and choose any scripture they wish to. If its there to pick, its free game.

As far as you having your rant, I understand; it can happen when you drink and drive, or drink and write. You are transparent, I see through you!
    No you don't and I find your implication mildly offensive. If god is a force prove it. You can't therefore until there is evidence to the contrary it is not reasonable to believe he exists. In my experience anyone who believes the bible is the word of god hasn't actually read it for themselves and tend to get quite upset when their lack of knowledge is pointed out to them and like you are doing resort to ad hominem arguments. Similarly theists whose favourite argument consists of I believe it so it must be true are so lacking in belief they feel the need to trot out their pet theories on on line discussion forums defending their faith with a shield of imaginary truth and the sword of false logic.

Catholics have a particular problem with this pope how can they disagree with a man anointed by god thinking for yourself is against their religion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast