I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    06:30 AM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Intelligent design and creationism

Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand' | The Independent

The theories of evolution and the Big Bang are real and God is not “a magician with a magic wand”, Pope Francis has declared.

Speaking at the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, the Pope made comments which experts said put an end to the “pseudo theories” of creationism and intelligent design that some argue were encouraged by his predecessor, Benedict XVI.
    That should get the bible belt talking those who can think for themselves probably won't notice any difference.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Re: Intelligent design and creationism

Seems a really good Pope, this one. Wonder what his life expectancy is...
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    Seems a really good Pope, this one. Wonder what his life expectancy is...
    Biting tongue.

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand' | The Independent

That should get the bible belt talking those who can think for themselves probably won't notice any difference.
    Do they care what those damn'd papists think?

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Evolution is an acceptable description of how life developed in the past, I suspect intelligent design will become prominent in how life develops in the future. I mistrust intelligent design, life will no longer be a salad dressing, it will become a melting pot. I do not want my descendants to incorporate any more strands of fish DNA than their human ancestors gave them. Or, from their maternal line, insect.

Creationism is and always has been bogus claptrap, since it can only work in the presence of an all-powerful deity of which the Universe contains exactly zero.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    12:30 AM

There is a much, MUCH longer thread on this subject, several years old but quite interesting reading.

Maybe one of the moderators can give the location.

Added later: Found it. This forum, page 22, bottom thread.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Evolution is an acceptable description of how life developed in the past, I suspect intelligent design will become prominent in how life develops in the future. I mistrust intelligent design, life will no longer be a salad dressing, it will become a melting pot. I do not want my descendants to incorporate any more strands of fish DNA than their human ancestors gave them. Or, from their maternal line, insect.

Creationism is and always has been bogus claptrap, since it can only work in the presence of an all-powerful deity of which the Universe contains exactly zero.
    Sadly an awful lot of people disagree with you and the more extreme would prevent you even hinting there was no such thing.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-27-2017
    Local Time
    10:30 PM

I don't think God is magic, but I do think it is easy to perceive him as being " Magical." If he did all this that we can see, it truly would have been magical if we could have watched him doing it. Not only that, how God can some how turn an unbelieving human mind, into a believing mind, is truly magical. I read the things an unbeliever says and thinks, I compare that to how I think and understand things ; I see the vast difference , and it truly amazes me ; how different we all are; how we think and view things.

The difference in human consciousness is amazing, and for a being , like God, to be able to appeal directly to the human consciousness, and change it totally , is indeed magical, he can appeal directly to the cerebral cortex. I mean I think its amazing, because I know and realize how stubborn and hardheaded I am ; God must have had to appeal directly to my frontal cortex , the way he has gotten into me. I know how I can be in my thinking ; very, very stubborn.

No , God is not a magician , he's just magical. Majestic and amazing! We know him not.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    No , God is not a magician , he's just magical. Majestic and amazing! We know him not.
    You never said a truer word. You cannot know something that doesn't exist.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-27-2017
    Local Time
    10:30 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    You never said a truer word. You cannot know something that doesn't exist.

Its hard to know God. In Job 36:26, "God is Great, we know him not!" A stunning scripture that many believers in God would no doubt struggle with admitting what it states. Just as many unbelievers struggle with Intelligent design and creationism. I understand that ; I understand when we don't understand! I think we need a big bang in the head, much less in space. God is not theory, but he has become theory by the own creatures he has created. Now the created don't know the creator. In other words , we have lost ourselves ; we don't know where we came from. We think its intelligent to believe that humanity crawled out from under a rock. That all this wonder created and designed itself; we think that thinking like that is intelligent.

Now its smart to deny our true origin. But I understand that. I view that blindness as a direct result of God himself! It is God that confounds his own existence ; this whole thing is God's responsibility , and THAT is why none of us are doomed. If it were our fault , we simply would do foolish things anyway. In Romans 11:32, " For God has concluded them ALL in unbelief, so that he can have MERCY on us All!" " For God"

" For God". You see that, " For God" , this means this is something God has done! " For God", ( meaning God did this, its his responsibility), Has shut us all up in unbelief! We ALL have been affected, both believer and unbeliever are included. This means even our belief is not worth a nickel! Even our belief in God is confused and seriously contaminated. We don't know God, we thus cannot really understand creation and design; and its not a fault or a defect to Not believe in God; unbelief is not the fault of any human.

Why would God condemn any human that he has blinded? That makes absolutely no sense whatever! It is God who has made the appeal to those who cannot get to believing he exist ; and even this is a stunning truth that many believers , if not all of them, would never think this true!

So the most intelligent design that God has created, was a blindness to us ; a confusion in us, a doubt in us, that actually helps to seal up all of our future with God. Notice Ecclesiastes 7:13, " Consider the " Work" of God; for who can make straight what he has bent!" It was God's " Work" to bend us all! Or bring us into existence , without really knowing why and how we exist. And some how through all this designed confusion, we will benefit from it for all of eternity ; which is an intelligence that I just cannot understand!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast