Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Religious and Political mindsets, and Cultism - A somewhat general discussion

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    01:47 PM
    Gifts Kitten

Re: Religious and Political mindsets, and Cultism - A somewhat general discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    I am not a part of any group, I walk alone in my views. I kind of grew tired of the group thinking, and I wanted to think for myself. Because I found myself disagreeing with the collective so much. So I left the hive and I fly alone.

And I have found peace in my solitude.
    You might think so, however, the core elements of the cult beliefs are still there. You've just become a prodigal son. For as long as you adhere to the delusions of the cult you are a part of the cult. Everything you post proves what I've said. You think because you add and subtract at your own will you're out. You're mistaken. The only solace you can take in that is that you're not in contact with anyone in the cult to tell you to get back in line with the strict doctrine. I know that feels like freedom, but it only shows just how deeply ingrained the delusions are and how captive you are to the lies of the cult.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    10:47 AM

Re: Religious and Political mindsets, and Cultism - A somewhat general discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    You might think so, however, the core elements of the cult beliefs are still there. You've just become a prodigal son. For as long as you adhere to the delusions of the cult you are a part of the cult. Everything you post proves what I've said. You think because you add and subtract at your own will you're out. You're mistaken. The only solace you can take in that is that you're not in contact with anyone in the cult to tell you to get back in line with the strict doctrine. I know that feels like freedom, but it only shows just how deeply ingrained the delusions are and how captive you are to the lies of the cult.

I am free of the group and even free of the critics of the group, like yourself. You cannot define me ; I know you desire to, but I am free of you. There is nothing you can do to me or my views. Because nothing about me, is based on you.

My mindset is not religious, its not Theist or Atheist; I am free of all that jive.

I walk another path.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    I am free of the group and even free of the critics of the group, like yourself. You cannot define me ; I know you desire to, but I am free of you. There is nothing you can do to me or my views. Because nothing about me, is based on you.

My mindset is not religious, its not Theist or Atheist; I am free of all that jive.

I walk another path.
    Keep telling yourself that, it's the very defense the cult taught you. Read what you've typed, it's the very same thing members of any cult inside or outside the group proclaims. The internet is loaded with lots of other people just like you. You want to believe otherwise and you've been taught how to deflect any outside influence. Look at how good you are at turning yourself off to anyone or anything contrary to what you want to believe, in spite of factual reality. You've become so brainwashed you don't recognize reality any longer.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    11:47 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Not really! Equvocation [sic] has no point other than to try to justify itself. You're insisting delusion, which you appear to have defined as perspective, is reality. It appears you've now added caution to the list (your example above). This conversation has no place to go when words have any meaning applied to them at all.
    That is all very nice, but I have nothing to justify. As stated, I merely made some observations about how people tend to let their personal feelings, and preconceptions get in the way of their grasp of reality.

Have you met Kelly Ann Conway?
    That was pretty low. Even for you.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    That is all very nice, but I have nothing to justify.
    Not that you can identify anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    That was pretty low. Even for you.
    You'll get over it.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    11:47 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Keep telling yourself that, it's the very defense the cult taught you. Read what you've typed, it's the very same thing members of any cult inside or outside the group proclaims. The internet is loaded with lots of other people just like you. You want to believe otherwise and you've been taught how to deflect any outside influence. Look at how good you are at turning yourself off to anyone or anything contrary to what you want to believe, in spite of factual reality. You've become so brainwashed you don't recognize reality any longer.
    On the contrary, as much as I disagree with his philosophies, I think that Mikiel is probably as free a thinker as any who regularly haunt this site.
    There are others here about whom I would certainly agree with you on their cultish beliefs, but Mikiel seems to be off on a long strange trip in a cult all his own.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

You just don't get it, do you.

Cult person says: "There is a God". Then cult member goes about to make reality fit his/her statement rather than seeking to find out if the statement has any basis in reality. Example: Cult member now acknowledges Evolution, even though he/she has absolutely no understanding of what that is, but still believes he/she does. So what does he/she do? Combines the Genesis story of the creation of Adam, which Genesis is quite clear in proclaiming that Adam was the beginning of the human along with the creation of the earth and the universe, for that matter. Cult member though, in order to justify his/her cult-taught belief in God, says "okay, so then Adam was the first "man", but not the first member of the human species." It's laughable!

This is completely contrary to Natural Selection in so many ways and the bible story, but you want to enable this by calling it free-thinking. It's delusional, that's what it is, FFS! If cult members want to write a fictional story, I have no problem with that. Hell, I'll even contribute. However, acknowledge that that's what it is - fiction. That isn't what's going on though. What happening is a continuation of the denial of reality to propagate a delusional upbringing, thus continuing to brainwash themselves and dragging down with them anyone else impressionable who also might be reading.

What you're correct about is that there are a number of them posting at FG, but the number is at least one more than you realize. I say that because there is no other reason for anyone to actively enable this sort of thinking unless they are one of them.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    12:47 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

[QUOTE=Ahso!;1509477]You just don't get it, do you.

Cult person says: "There is a God"[/url]

Another cult person says there is no God.

Since there is no way to prove the existence of a God and atheist would not believe in a God.
    What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? - W. C. Fields

A woman drove me to drink and I didn’t even have the decency to thank her. - W. C. Fields

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    10:47 AM

My brain has been washed, and I won't allow any more dirt to settle inside of it;

never again.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-18-2018
    Local Time
    06:47 PM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    You don't have to be religious to be a member of a cult.

Oxford engliah dictionary
    noun

1A system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object.
    ‘the cult of St Olaf’

1.1 A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or as imposing excessive control over members.
    ‘a network of Satan-worshipping cults’

1.2 A misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular thing.
    ‘the cult of the pursuit of money as an end in itself’

2A person or thing that is popular or fashionable among a particular group or section of society.
    the series has become a bit of a cult in the UK’
    as modifier ‘a cult film
    Stalin, in his form of communism, deliberately set out to create a state religion using the same technoques he had learned while training to be a priest he jusy adapted.

Mickiel is not a freethinker when it comes to his belief in god. I suspect it would help him if he could get away from said belief in god but that's my own attitudes colouring my opinion.

You should have a look for these guys on you tube.

The Atheist Experience TV Show

Some of the debates are fascinating and a bit beyond the usual ill informed ad hominem nonsense you get. Don't tell mne anything I had not worked out for myself during my teenage years but learning how to articulate it and put across your point debate helps the development process. A lot of religious people are incapable of thinking beyond what they have been taught ( so are many others come to that especially when it comes to politics)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast