Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Religious and Political mindsets, and Cultism - A somewhat general discussion

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-18-2018
    Local Time
    04:06 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: Religious and Political mindsets, and Cultism - A somewhat general discussion

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    You don't have to be religious to be a member of a cult.

Oxford engliah dictionary

Stalin, in his form of communism, deliberately set out to create a state religion using the same technoques he had learned while training to be a priest he jusy adapted.

Mickiel is not a freethinker when it comes to his belief in god. I suspect it would help him if he could get away from said belief in god but that's my own attitudes colouring my opinion.

You should have a look for these guys on you tube.

The Atheist Experience TV Show

Some of the debates are fascinating and a bit beyond the usual ill informed ad hominem nonsense you get. Don't tell mne anything I had not worked out for myself during my teenage years but learning how to articulate it and put across your point debate helps the development process. A lot of religious people are incapable of thinking beyond what they have been taught ( so are many others come to that especially when it comes to politics)
    I have watched a couple of those discussions.
    I seldom actually get into those discussion of proving, or disproving "God"
    Whether there is a God or not seems irrelevant to me.
    It seems one of those things that everyone has to figure out for themselves.
    Knowing how other people feel about the subject is far more relevant, because you usually can get along with them better when you know what buttons they have and when not to push them.
    (And, when you can get away pushing them.)
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-18-2018
    Local Time
    03:06 PM

Re: Religious and Political mindsets, and Cultism - A somewhat general discussion

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I have watched a couple of those discussions.
    I seldom actually get into those discussion of proving, or disproving "God"
    Whether there is a God or not seems irrelevant to me.
    It seems one of those things that everyone has to figure out for themselves.
    Knowing how other people feel about the subject is far more relevant, because you usually can get along with them better when you know what buttons they have and when not to push them.
    (And, when you can get away pushing them.)
    We don't have to know it all, only a small bit of if it. And then. At. Least understand that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5