Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Are Tarot cards scary?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA 90065
    Posts
    8
    Local Date
    02-23-2018
    Local Time
    08:21 PM
    Points
    140

    Are Tarot cards scary?

    Are Tarot cards scary?

  2. #2
    Supporting Member
    is risen
     
    I am:
    Happy
     
    spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    34,309
    Local Date
    02-24-2018
    Local Time
    04:21 AM
    Points
    54,107
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

    Re: Are Tarot cards scary?

    People naturally see patterns in random data, it's inbuilt. Whether it's a Tarot reading or passing clouds it's the same cause. Why would someone get scared of that when they listen to a random reading?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  3. #3
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,503
    Local Date
    02-23-2018
    Local Time
    10:21 PM
    Points
    16,146
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Are Tarot cards scary?

    Quote Originally Posted by readingsbyrachel View Post
    Are Tarot cards scary?
    Not at all.

    My wife taught me about how she goes about reading tarot cards. Each card has certain symbolism which she explains to the person she is reading for. What she then does is allow the person to figure out how it applies to themselves. Allows for some open conversation.

    Pretty cool actually.
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    is just trying to keep her head
     
    I am:
    Shy
     
    AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,419
    Local Date
    02-23-2018
    Local Time
    11:21 PM
    Points
    26,981
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

    Re: Are Tarot cards scary?

    tude, you're just filled with surprises! I used to read Tarot, too. Stopped for, well, personal reasons.

  5. #5
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    9,897
    Local Date
    02-23-2018
    Local Time
    11:21 PM
    Points
    38,019
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: Are Tarot cards scary?

    Oddly enough, I got into reading the cards at one point. Learned from a lady I lived with in New Orleans for a while. (that was a very strange period of life.)
    I quit, because I decided I did not want to know that much about most people.
    "If I had to do it over again, I would also avoid any semblance of involvement in partisan politics.
    An evangelist is called to do one thing, and one thing only: to proclaim the Gospel."
    - Billy Graham

  6. #6
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,503
    Local Date
    02-23-2018
    Local Time
    10:21 PM
    Points
    16,146
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Are Tarot cards scary?

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Oddly enough, I got into reading the cards at one point. Learned from a lady I lived with in New Orleans for a while. (that was a very strange period of life.)
    I quit, because I decided I did not want to know that much about most people.
    I had a similar experience, but different.

    I was between jobs and had a hard time finding a real one, ready to take most anything for in between. Saw an ad in the paper for people for Psychics or whatever. The job was to answer the phone for one of those toll call places where people pay $4 a minute for advice.

    Sounded like it might be fun and maybe a cool part-time job later on. Wife taught me the tarot card thing and I applied for a job and got it.

    In a factory size building rows of tables people separated by small barriers on phones. One row of people may be fortune tellers, sex fantasy, and other things. Must have been over a hundred people working there. So I read tarot cards.

    So I laid out my cards and took calls. Found it more efficient to lay the cards out at the beginning of the shift and used them for all calls. Didn't really matter cause not everybody was interested in that.

    A lot of the time people just wanted some advice, or to hear a story. After a week I gave notice as it seemed too often total strangers with real problems asking me of all people questions which should go to a professional mental health person.

    There was one call I'll never forget. A lady would not work with me at all and just seemed to want to prove me a fake and just wanted to keep her on the line. I explained I was new on the job and not very good at it. She told me that I should quit. So I started to tell her of my job problems. That brought me an additional minute or two. I don't really know how much that minute or two cost her but I bet it was way more then my 15 cents a minute I got for holding her on the line.
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

  7. #7
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    9,897
    Local Date
    02-23-2018
    Local Time
    11:21 PM
    Points
    38,019
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: Are Tarot cards scary?

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    I had a similar experience, but different.

    I was between jobs and had a hard time finding a real one, ready to take most anything for in between. Saw an ad in the paper for people for Psychics or whatever. The job was to answer the phone for one of those toll call places where people pay $4 a minute for advice.

    Sounded like it might be fun and maybe a cool part-time job later on. Wife taught me the tarot card thing and I applied for a job and got it.

    In a factory size building rows of tables people separated by small barriers on phones. One row of people may be fortune tellers, sex fantasy, and other things. Must have been over a hundred people working there. So I read tarot cards.

    So I laid out my cards and took calls. Found it more efficient to lay the cards out at the beginning of the shift and used them for all calls. Didn't really matter cause not everybody was interested in that.

    A lot of the time people just wanted some advice, or to hear a story. After a week I gave notice as it seemed too often total strangers with real problems asking me of all people questions which should go to a professional mental health person.

    There was one call I'll never forget. A lady would not work with me at all and just seemed to want to prove me a fake and just wanted to keep her on the line. I explained I was new on the job and not very good at it. She told me that I should quit. So I started to tell her of my job problems. That brought me an additional minute or two. I don't really know how much that minute or two cost her but I bet it was way more then my 15 cents a minute I got for holding her on the line.
    I always suspected that was how those lines worked. I bet all of those call-in lines would look pretty much the same, regardless of the subject matter.

    Back to the cards, card reading, palm reading and such are basically amateur/non-certified psychotherapy.
    "If I had to do it over again, I would also avoid any semblance of involvement in partisan politics.
    An evangelist is called to do one thing, and one thing only: to proclaim the Gospel."
    - Billy Graham

  8. #8
    Cardi Goddess!!
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    15,332
    Local Date
    02-24-2018
    Local Time
    04:21 AM
    Points
    14,194
    Gifts Balloons Heart Cake

    Re: Are Tarot cards scary?

    I'm off to shuffle my Tarot Deck and predict whether Rachel will be back to enter into the conversation.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    is just trying to keep her head
     
    I am:
    Shy
     
    AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,419
    Local Date
    02-23-2018
    Local Time
    11:21 PM
    Points
    26,981
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

    Re: Are Tarot cards scary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    I'm off to shuffle my Tarot Deck and predict whether Rachel will be back to enter into the conversation.
    Betty, I looked into my crystal ball (okay, my glass doorknob) and it said YES:

    Quote Originally Posted by readingsbyrachel View Post
    Thank you for your replies.

  10. #10
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    9,897
    Local Date
    02-23-2018
    Local Time
    11:21 PM
    Points
    38,019
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: Are Tarot cards scary?

    Register to remove this ad.
    So, readingsbyrachel, Tell me. How do you get paid for shilling for the owner of the site you are posting for?
    "If I had to do it over again, I would also avoid any semblance of involvement in partisan politics.
    An evangelist is called to do one thing, and one thing only: to proclaim the Gospel."
    - Billy Graham

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2