Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: The brain " Hardwired to believe in God."

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    is searching for truth
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,102
    Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:40 PM
    Points
    13,030

    Re: The brain " Hardwired to believe in God."

    Sometimes my conscious sense's tunes in on things , things both seen and unseen. I can go anyplace in that zone I can travel deep, but no matter where I end up in my zone, God is there.. wherever we find life or death , we find God..but you gotta to get to that
    Tuned in place. You look all the things around you and you marvel at God. It's like reading the tea leaves of life. There is a tree of life and all of us are it's leaves.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    is searching for truth
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,102
    Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:40 PM
    Points
    13,030

    Re: The brain " Hardwired to believe in God."

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    It's not up to me whether you keep posting or not personally I rather hope you do. Nor do you get on my nerves I just wish you would stop throwing the dummy out the pram
    when your arguments aren't accepted and seeing ad hominem attacks when none exist. This is an anonymous forum I haven't a clue who you are and you really shouldn't waste your time worrying about any opinion you think I might have or not have of you. The only way you learn is by testing your ideas and arguments out on others some people make you think some do not. It's good fun. My issue with most religious posters is that they think they are right therefore no one should disagree with them.

    If you say that the bible is your proof god exists don't be surprised if you get challenged especially on a secular forum as it is quite likely you will meet prople who have read more than one book.

    If you are accepting that the brain is hardwired to believe in god it does not follow that that must mean god created the brain. i.e. that god exists. Descartes proof of god is the classic philosophocal proof of god that keeps reappearing I decided it was a load of rubbish when I was a teenager.

    When I was a teenager my consciousness could not accept that something cannot bring itself into existence , since it must exist to bring itself into existence. I decided that was a load of rubbish. So creation by a powerful being made more sense to me. I rejected the notion that we popped into existence as some kind of tad pole in the sea, a sea that popped up out of nowhere, then we went on land and continued a evolution that eventually turned us into apes. I don't believe that we are continuous with the idiot hierarchy of speechless apes.

    After God discontinued primordial man, he created Adam and gave him consciousness, hardwired civilization into his mind, and at that point, humanity took a serious left turn and took off to become great civilizations in history!

  3. #33
    gmc
    Currently Offline
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    13,183
    Local Date
    06-19-2018
    Local Time
    03:40 AM
    Points
    27,932
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

    Re: The brain " Hardwired to believe in God."

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    When I was a teenager my consciousness could not accept that something cannot bring itself into existence , since it must exist to bring itself into existence. I decided that was a load of rubbish. So creation by a powerful being made more sense to me. I rejected the notion that we popped into existence as some kind of tad pole in the sea, a sea that popped up out of nowhere, then we went on land and continued a evolution that eventually turned us into apes. I don't believe that we are continuous with the idiot hierarchy of speechless apes.

    After God discontinued primordial man, he created Adam and gave him consciousness, hardwired civilization into his mind, and at that point, humanity took a serious left turn and took off to become great civilizations in history!
    That is an argument for the existence of god that I decided was a load of bollocks as a teenager. It begs the obvious question if something cannot bring itself in to existence who or what created god? God has been and always will be just doesn't hack it all you're doing is wishing god in to existence.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    is searching for truth
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,102
    Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:40 PM
    Points
    13,030

    Re: The brain " Hardwired to believe in God."

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    That is an argument for the existence of god that I decided was a load of bollocks as a teenager. It begs the obvious question if something cannot bring itself in to existence who or what created god? God has been and always will be just doesn't hack it all you're doing is wishing god in to existence.


    In my view, to avoid infinite regression going backwards in time, there had to be something of power that has no origin or beginning, that was the cause of all things existing; I view that as God. I think God created parts of himself , but I cannot explain how he has always existed. I do not understand how he has no origin that we can discern.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    FourPart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,105
    Local Date
    06-19-2018
    Local Time
    03:40 AM
    Points
    28,168
    Gifts Beer Cake

    Re: The brain " Hardwired to believe in God."

    The first words of wisdom are "I do not know". However, the Religious are lothe even to do this. That is why they feel the need to create a God figure. It is Human nature to want to learn, and when it doesn't understand something it feels the need to fill that void. That void is 'God'. "I don't understand, therefore God did it". Who created God? "God created himself". How? "He's God". It beggars belief that the Religious actually cling to this as if it's some sort of valid argument.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    is searching for truth
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,102
    Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:40 PM
    Points
    13,030

    Re: The brain " Hardwired to believe in God."

    Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    The first words of wisdom are "I do not know". However, the Religious are lothe even to do this. That is why they feel the need to create a God figure. It is Human nature to want to learn, and when it doesn't understand something it feels the need to fill that void. That void is 'God'. "I don't understand, therefore God did it". Who created God? "God created himself". How? "He's God". It beggars belief that the Religious actually cling to this as if it's some sort of valid argument.

    From our contemporary religious past architecture , as early as I have read about, humans had churches, buildings or places they provided that were representations of " The houses of Gods." From the end of the Mesolithic up to now, there was always a " God-house" in villages, as early as the seventh millennium, and they were surrounded by lesser dwellings. The idea of God was there. Even 6,000 B.C. show almost every village had a God house. In Sumerian civilizations, Ur, the Hittites and Babylonians, the God houses were built. Even in Egypt and China. Wherever man had language, the gods were spoken of and relevant to them.


    The Inca's, and Mohican temples stood as an example that this god idea was serious in human history. And men dare speak now as if the idea of a God is illrelevant. Not knowing history.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    is searching for truth
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,102
    Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:40 PM
    Points
    13,030

    Re: The brain " Hardwired to believe in God."

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    From our contemporary religious past architecture , as early as I have read about, humans had churches, buildings or places they provided that were representations of " The houses of Gods." From the end of the Mesolithic up to now, there was always a " God-house" in villages, as early as the seventh millennium, and they were surrounded by lesser dwellings. The idea of God was there. Even 6,000 B.C. show almost every village had a God house. In Sumerian civilizations, Ur, the Hittites and Babylonians, the God houses were built. Even in Egypt and China. Wherever man had language, the gods were spoken of and relevant to them.


    The Inca's, and Mohican temples stood as an example that this god idea was serious in human history. And men dare speak now as if the idea of a God is illrelevant. Not knowing history.

    Notice;

    ;https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/magic-unconscious/

  8. #38
    Ted
    Currently Offline
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gabriola Island BC
    Posts
    5,411
    Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:40 PM
    Points
    6,232

    Re: The brain " Hardwired to believe in God."

    I'm agnostic on that one. I simply do not know.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    is searching for truth
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,102
    Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:40 PM
    Points
    13,030

    Re: The brain " Hardwired to believe in God."

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I'm agnostic on that one. I simply do not know.


    I know the feeling, its far more that I don't know, than I do know. I really don't know what God is, or " How" he is.

    I sure would like to know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2