I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-19-2018
    Local Time
    03:32 AM
    Gifts Beer Cake

Re: Is the Universe conscious?

The term 'God' basically equates to "Something Unknown". Even the most devout believers would probably accept that much. The difference between Science & Religion, though, is that Religion is quite content to let it remain unknown & use that as an explanation for all things. Science, on the other hand, takes the unknown & seeks to understand it. This is why since Religion began the Churches have always persecuted those who would seek to overturn Religious Dogma by explaining things with hard facts. Lightning is not an indication of God's anger on the unrighteous. He is not throwing spears at everyone. Plagues are not caused by God, once again as a penalty on the supposed unrighteous. They can all be explained Scientifically. Similarly, pretty much everything that is that ittributed to a 'God' in the Religious world can be explained Scientifically, and as more & more things prove to have such explanations the more & more it demonstrates the improbability of the existence of a 'God' as anything but an 'Unknown' factor in an Algebraic Equation.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:32 PM

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    The term 'God' basically equates to "Something Unknown". Even the most devout believers would probably accept that much. The difference between Science & Religion, though, is that Religion is quite content to let it remain unknown & use that as an explanation for all things. Science, on the other hand, takes the unknown & seeks to understand it. This is why since Religion began the Churches have always persecuted those who would seek to overturn Religious Dogma by explaining things with hard facts. Lightning is not an indication of God's anger on the unrighteous. He is not throwing spears at everyone. Plagues are not caused by God, once again as a penalty on the supposed unrighteous. They can all be explained Scientifically. Similarly, pretty much everything that is that ittributed to a 'God' in the Religious world can be explained Scientifically, and as more & more things prove to have such explanations the more & more it demonstrates the improbability of the existence of a 'God' as anything but an 'Unknown' factor in an Algebraic Equation.

I think God can and has used anything to get his point across, lightning and plagues are not excluded from him if he so wishes. And that usage includes science, I think God can do anything.

And I am not so inclined to say what he cannot do.

Science is just as arrogant as religion, in my view.

Neither one of them means anything to God , I would say. God perhaps uses science more than he does religion; again, this is my view. Ands neither one of them really means anything to humanity.

Ted
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time

The difference between science and religion: Science concerns itself the the materiality of life and religion with the spiritual aspects of life.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-18-2018
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    The difference between science and religion: Science concerns itself the the materiality of life and religion with the spiritual aspects of life.

I think all religions are simply surface dwellers , they do not know the deep things of God and his incredible existence. Religion gets more credit than they really deserve. I like how some religions help humanity in areas where they are really suffering. And I think science has done some incredible things on their journey to unpack this truck load of knowledge that we know as life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3