is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    12:58 PM

Re: broad city

Barry humphries has always said Edna is a character and i dont understand why he is even brought up in this thread .its not a transgender issue....far from it. And shows ignorance really.

Yeah gill , have laughed a few times with mrs browns' episodes. But the live shows confuse me. Maybe a throw back to pantomine?

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    01:58 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    i dont understand why he is even brought up in this thread .its not a transgender issue....far from it. And shows ignorance really.
    Camp. Dame Edna wasn't a woman but he was as camp as anyone I can think of and I have a long list. The subject of the sentence was American camp humor.

As for the most famous bit, Dame Edna is the most famous Australian of all time regardless of gender once you get out of the Antipodes into the English-speaking world. Nobody else comes anywhere near. Who could compete? Dennis Lillee? Donald Bradman? Rupert Murdoch? Kylie? Dame Edna was the superstar, lesser people lived in fear.

Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

And here i was thinking it was skippy.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    By gum you must have watched the show all the way through, and maybe more than one episode, to be able to detail the contents like that ! I am surprised, and if you look carefully you may notice how high my eyebrows are raised !
    On a point of clarification no, I hadn't heard of the program until this thread mentioned it and I checked the background facts on Wikipedia. Strange English accents tend to annoy me. Is it still allowed to dislike certain accents? Do I cross a line if I mention Scouse, say?

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

My youngest has a new boyfriend from Birmingham....is that a "Brummy" accent? All i know is that keesy takes the mick out of his accent all the time. (Its even though, apparently keesys accent is funny to him too)

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

I remember marrying someone from Birmingham once. In Birmingham. It was all very strange. The accent is nowhere in England considered couth, and suddenly I was related to lots of it.

Various people in the public eye originated there, most famously perhaps Jasper Carrot and Roy Wood, the latter hairier than the former. The city boasts two indifferent football teams and one alleged University on whose campus I was employed a day a week for a year or two, commuting up the M5. I doubt any of our Prime Ministers were educated or born within the city boundary.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    As for the most famous bit, Dame Edna is the most famous Australian of all time regardless of gender once you get out of the Antipodes into the English-speaking world. Nobody else comes anywhere near. Who could compete? Dennis Lillee? Donald Bradman? Rupert Murdoch? Kylie? Dame Edna was the superstar, lesser people lived in fear.
    I would have thought the most famous Aussie of all would have been Rolf Harris. Popularity doesn't necessarily equate with fame.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Popularity doesn't necessarily equate with fame.
    Umm. Well, yes it does. His fame was a consequence of his popularity. Without his popularity he would not have become famous. I suggest without his fame and popularity he'd not have been prosecuted or transformed into a hate figure.

There has been something of a witch-hunt for anyone famous and popular who can be used to shine the light of promotion on middle-ranking police officers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2