Local Date
    12-15-2018
    Local Time
    11:38 PM

Re: Black history month

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    I believe that so true.

That is also true.

Yes; Black History month was started to help a race of people who had lost their pride, their dignity and their place in a country; it was started to help a group of people who had developed a slave mentality because of their history; our thoughts of ourselves had been crippled for centuries; we didn't even know how to think right about ourselves. For years this went on; this embarassment, this insult, this reality, this slave mentality that suggest because of your color, your sub human. Well when your people are raped like that, and now years of fighting and struggle later, you try and remove those negative mentalitys and replace them with positive thinking; from movements like this Black history month was born. For reasons like this; because when your raped, your violated; and a whole people can be raped and violated; and that takes years to heal from; just ask a woman who has been raped, she will tell you. You don't just walk away from it unharmed. The whole consciousness can be violated by a whole people enslaving you. The whole race can be against you, as they swallow your race and consume it.

There was no White History " Month", it was White history everyday, every month, every year for over 400 years. All the school books were White history, all the Holidays, all the religions, all the time was White History. And even before Blacks were enslaved here, Whites came here and did the Indians the same way. Just took their country, THEIR land, their dignity. The Whites did it to Africa before they rebelled against Aparthied through Nelson Mandela. White history year was established there for a long time. At one time in history, the Sun never set on White history year anywhere on earth. The White man has conquered and ruled for a long time , to many many people;

perhaps giving one group of those people a " Month to celebrate theirselves", may not hurt the White mans reputation??

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    12-16-2018
    Local Time
    01:38 AM
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

Excellent post Mickiel.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-16-2018
    Local Time
    01:38 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Well said, Sir.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-15-2018
    Local Time

Well yes, there really is " History", to Black History Month; the celebration is not a fluke or some made up Black Propaganda by some Blacks who are " Pity Hounds." The history is real, and I think there are many Whites who just don't know the history, ( or the " Feeling" of having a history like that to their own race), and because they are so distant from that awareness or disconnected to another race's history, that they then can express negative " Feelings" about a month set aside for a race to celebrate their culture.

But that's human nature in a nutshell. We like what we like, and are disconnected from what we don't like.

How would some Blacks feel about Asian History Month? How would Americans feel about Russian history month? How would the Bermese feel about Spanish history month? You would get all types of feelings accross the scale; its human nature. And not everyone would feel the same about the experiences of others. How would the Chinese feel about a National Jewish month? There may be a total disconnection. So one reason for the celebrations is so that " The Race or Culture itself ", its own newer young people will never disconnect from the struggle their own forefathers went through to give them the comfort and respect they now have. Because most often those young are being raised around a lot of other races who have already disconnected from " Their Story", and that is how the history of many cultures are lost.

Its wonderful when our young disconnect from the things in history which need to be thrown out, but never throw away the informative, building, meaningful historical things about your own race.

No matter what race it is!

And I feel the same way about historical beliefs that so many are throwing away.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-16-2018
    Local Time
    12:38 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    Yes; Black History month was started to help a race of people who had lost their pride, their dignity and their place in a country; it was started to help a group of people who had developed a slave mentality because of their history; our thoughts of ourselves had been crippled for centuries; we didn't even know how to think right about ourselves.
    I got ya.

For years this went on; this embarassment, this insult, this reality, this slave mentality that suggest because of your color, your sub human. Well when your people are raped like that, and now years of fighting and struggle later, you try and remove those negative mentalitys and replace them with positive thinking; from movements like this Black history month was born. For reasons like this; because when your raped, your violated; and a whole people can be raped and violated; and that takes years to heal from; just ask a woman who has been raped, she will tell you. You don't just walk away from it unharmed. The whole consciousness can be violated by a whole people enslaving you. The whole race can be against you, as they swallow your race and consume it.
    I see a lot of that going in nowadays.

There was no White History " Month", it was White history everyday, every month, every year for over 400 years. All the school books were White history, all the Holidays, all the religions, all the time was White History. And even before Blacks were enslaved here, Whites came here and did the Indians the same way. Just took their country, THEIR land, their dignity. The Whites did it to Africa before they rebelled against Aparthied through Nelson Mandela. White history year was established there for a long time. At one time in history, the Sun never set on White history year anywhere on earth. The White man has conquered and ruled for a long time , to many many people;

perhaps giving one group of those people a " Month to celebrate theirselves", may not hurt the White mans reputation??
    So every year we celebrate that Washington Carver invented the peanut.
    "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money." - Senator Everett Dirksen

Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-15-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post

So every year we celebrate that Washington Carver invented the peanut.

I don't celebrate Washington Carver, but I think what he did with the peanut, inventing over 100 uses for it, was simply astonishing. I still appriciate a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich; every time I eat one, which is around at least 3 times a month. And I ate them more than that when I was youinger. So I can see that being a type of celebration of the man, and I couldcareless who thinks what about me eating one; I enjoy it.

So in that sense, I will celebrate Carver until the day I die, because I will eat them until I die.

Peace.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-16-2018
    Local Time
    12:38 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    I don't celebrate Washington Carver, but I think what he did with the peanut, inventing over 100 uses for it, was simply astonishing.
    Ok, never meant any disrespect to Washington Carver.

Of course he did not INVENT THE PEANUT.

I still appriciate a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich; every time I eat one, which is around at least 3 times a month. And I ate them more than that when I was youinger. So I can see that being a type of celebration of the man, and I couldcareless who thinks what about me eating one; I enjoy it.
    Who doesn't love peanut butter? Grew up on the stuff.

So in that sense, I will celebrate Carver until the day I die, because I will eat them until I die.

Peace.
    My friend, I think we are of the same mind.
    Last edited by Bryn Mawr; 02-23-2014 at 04:13 PM.
    "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money." - Senator Everett Dirksen

Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6