Local Date
    01-16-2018
    Local Time
    08:13 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: The European influence on Arab events

Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    gmc's response not enough for you?
    GMc's response refined the discussion, but most of what I said still holds.
    The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the goverment.
    - Franklin D Roosevelt

This user has no status.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time
    03:13 AM
    Gifts Gift Beer Balloons Beer Puppy Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by larsmac View Post
    gmc's response refined the discussion, but most of what i said still holds.
    OMG.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    01-16-2018
    Local Time

OMG.
    Please, by all means, show me something to support your own claims, instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you.
    The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the goverment.
    - Franklin D Roosevelt

This user has no status.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time

Learning to play chess would help you to focus. Even checkers would be an improvement.

Ps. Moving the king one square to the right, then back to the left again won't change the outcome.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time
    01:13 AM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

For how many generations do you blame old colonial masters for your problems? Sunni/shia started killing each other well before europeans became powerful enough to create empires.

True in recent times democratic governments were overthrown and replaced with regimes that would allow oil companies to do their will and big business still stirs the pot but they get away with that in the US and europe (see fracking, mountail top removal, enviromental devastation etc etc) and governments dance to their tune maybe if we could sort them out we might be able to take the moral high ground.

The saudis et al are pretty good at playing the western powers for their own ends, let's see some of your nationals in a terorist group funded by other of your nationals launch one of the most devastating terrorit attacks in recent times and the victim nation take out your biggest rival in the region - who had no conection to the attack. Your banks bankroll elgions of religious terrorist and no one says don't do that. Brilliant stuff reality is always more unbelievable than any movie plot or conspiracy theory. Maybe the west should take master classes from the poor oppressed nations. Now we have russia exerting itself gain. I think we will look back at the fall of the berlin wall and the break up of the soviet union as a wasted opportunity that coud have let to peace and prosperity in europe. Already the arms manufacturers are rubbing their hands in glee at the prospct of chaos. Those who blive in armageddon are jumping up and down with joy

At the end of the day the middle east has to sort it's own problems out

Actually I'm not as pessimistic as that may sound, social media is a new factor in the equation maybe enough people will say no to war to make iffernce.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    For how many generations do you blame old colonial masters for your problems?
    I don't know. For as long as those colonial masters (or their political/capitalist cousins) remain?

I think we will look back at the fall of the berlin wall and the break up of the soviet union as a wasted opportunity
    The MOST FRUSTRATING are the layers of lies that whole populations swallow wholesale.
    You talk of “missed opportunities”. Well, yes OK. But “missed”? I think not. The turmoil we see today is “method”, not missed opportunities or misjudged moves towards righteous endeavour. The complete contrary. What we see now is just the way they want it. They, well not the sufferers and victims – not those “they”.

Black flag operations, covert overthrows of governments, the methodical destruction of democratic longing. So much so in fact that those dreaming of democracy have come to see treachery as democratic principle. “The U.S. brought Democracy to Irak!” So they say. But if “this” is Democracy then who needs it? It's just more war in a different uniform. Worse war, in fact, than what they had previously. The U.S. is encouraging treachery but claiming Democracy. I suppose if I were one of under-educated, down-trodden hoards I would also believe that U.S. war-making is the definition of Democracy and I'd want nothing to do with it. Goal!

At the end of the day the middle east has to sort it's own problems out
    You must have forgot the part when you shout, "Westerners out first!"

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time
    02:13 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

HT are you one that subscribes to the idea that "They" have a plan ?
    If so who are "They" ? And are "They" all pulling together ?

I am of the opinion that mankind is just selfish and inept, I much prefer that, than the theory there is a group of super rich, ultra evil, highly intelligent, manipulating the worlds resources and people for their own gain.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

This user has no status.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    I am most certainly, yes.

Well. You're asking too much of me.

Let me ask you a couple of questions: Do you think Geo. W. Bush acted all on his own? Do you think he made all those invasion decisions himself? Do you think Bush could find his way to the WC without someone taking him by the hand and leading him there? If not then let's say "they-them" instead - rather than he.

So now let me ask you a couple more questions: Do you think they honestly believed Saddam was responsible for the attack on 7/11? Do you think they actually believed there were WMD's in Irak? Do you think it was unintentional that the first UN inspection team was saturated with CIA agents or do you think that they planed it that way? Do you think it was a simple unfortunate coincidence that the second UN inspection team was told by the U.S. to leave just as they were to inspect the final site or do you think they made a conscious decision to get them out before the team could prove there were no WMD'S? Do you think the CIA came together to form the death squads for righteous purposes and it went wrong by mistake or that the whole thing was their purpose?

I am of the opinion that mankind is just selfish and inept .....
    I'd like to belive that too except that it is all going one way - not very likely to be the result of the inept.

I much prefer that, than the theory there is a group of super rich, ultra evil, highly intelligent, manipulating the worlds resources and people for their own gain.
    That WOULD be lovely! But I see that you've already formed your own opinion on " ... who are "They ? And are "They" all pulling together?"

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    01-16-2018
    Local Time

I am of the opinion that mankind is just selfish and inept, I much prefer that, than the theory there is a group of super rich, ultra evil, highly intelligent, manipulating the worlds resources and people for their own gain.
    I am most certainly, yes.

Well. You're asking too much of me.

Let me ask you a couple of questions: Do you think Geo. W. Bush acted all on his own? Do you think he made all those invasion decisions himself? Do you think Bush could find his way to the WC without someone taking him by the hand and leading him there? If not then let's say "they-them" instead - rather than he.

So now let me ask you a couple more questions: Do you think they honestly believed Saddam was responsible for the attack on 7/11? Do you think they actually believed there were WMD's in Irak? Do you think it was unintentional that the first UN inspection team was saturated with CIA agents or do you think that they planed it that way? Do you think it was a simple unfortunate coincidence that the second UN inspection team was told by the U.S. to leave just as they were to inspect the final site or do you think they made a conscious decision to get them out before the team could prove there were no WMD'S? Do you think the CIA came together to form the death squads for righteous purposes and it went wrong by mistake or that the whole thing was their purpose?

I'd like to belive that too except that it is all going one way - not very likely to be the result of the inept.

That WOULD be lovely! But I see that you've already formed your own opinion on " ... who are "They ? And are "They" all pulling together?"
    I have been reading up on conspiracy stuff, and about how "They" control the world, since I was a teenager. Among other places, the John Birch Society Book Store was one of my favorite haunts.

After all these years, my main thought to the idea of some "Them" controlling everything?
    Simple.
    It would be of some comfort to know that at least somebody is driving this bus.

But really, it seems to me that most of the conspiracy stuff is just people making up patterns out of the chaos. Not at all unlike how they tried to use religion to make sense of natural phenomena back in the late Stone age.
    - Franklin D Roosevelt

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time
    02:13 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Let me ask you a couple of questions: Do you think Geo. W. Bush acted all on his own? Do you think he made all those invasion decisions himself?
    No President or Prime Minister does anything without guidance from his backroom boys
    Do you think Bush could find his way to the WC without someone taking him by the hand and leading him there?
    Apparrently the man was a little inept in some situations and under the constant glare of news media, but I don't believe all the character assasination.
    You describe ineptitude, and major influence from interested parties, call it corruption or collective greed, on the American level.

My "They" are some mysterious international group cooperating for global supremacy.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast