I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-20-2018
    Local Time
    05:56 PM
    Gifts Beer Cake

Re: Lest We Forget: - The Lessons Of History

The reason they are gaining support is that we are being pushed, and the powers that be who enforce PC are helping by pulling, while General Joe Public is getting sick of it all, and the Extreme Right Wing parties are the only ones who a openly voicing their protest.

As things are there are dozens of these parties, all with identical agendas. If they were all to unite the strength of their following could be quite worrying.

It is not the rise of these Right Wing parties that is the real problem. It's what has caused these Right Wing parties to gain such support in the first place. That is where things must be addressed. When you get weeds growing in your garden, it's no good spraying the leaves. You need to get to the root.

It's no good taking the Ostrich policy & pretending it'll all sort itself out in the fullness of time. It IS sorting itself out - and we're rapidly moving towards being on the losing side.

is Copyright J.R.R. Tolkien.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-20-2018
    Local Time
    04:56 PM
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Certificate Car

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    The reason they are gaining support is that we are being pushed, and the powers that be who enforce PC are helping by pulling, while General Joe Public is getting sick of it all, and the Extreme Right Wing parties are the only ones who a openly voicing their protest.

As things are there are dozens of these parties, all with identical agendas. If they were all to unite the strength of their following could be quite worrying.

It is not the rise of these Right Wing parties that is the real problem. It's what has caused these Right Wing parties to gain such support in the first place. That is where things must be addressed. When you get weeds growing in your garden, it's no good spraying the leaves. You need to get to the root.

It's no good taking the Ostrich policy & pretending it'll all sort itself out in the fullness of time. It IS sorting itself out - and we're rapidly moving towards being on the losing side.
    That's it in a 'nutshell', FourPart; I couldn't have put it better! High time for a cohesive, united, common-sense policy on 'immigration'. People cease to be refugees when they pass through a safe country in search of 'richer pickings' further afield, IMO. They are then 'economic migrants', to my way of thinking.

Notice how many young men are in this migration; wonder how many of these are radicalized,or will become radicalized in the near future? Governments are playing 'fast-and-loose' with our security as things currently stand, and we'll end up 'picking up the tab'!
    " To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-20-2018
    Local Time

Here's an interesting appraisal.... Time to start heeding the warning signs!

And there's more....
    " To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-20-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Cocktail Kitten Gift Balloons Balloons Ban Hammer Gift

There are more and more people moving towards the 'anti Europe' groups. It is noticeable that many people are becoming very agitated and frustrated over the swarming quantities of migrants coming into our small country, and Cameron says that we should allow 20,000 more refugees to gain sanctuary in the UK by 2020 ! Cameron - WE HAVE NO MORE ROOM !!!!! There are not enough houses available at a price that people can afford for our own 'native' inhabitants. There has got to be some sort of common sense displayed about this world problem. Are the Americans giving more help ? The Canadians ? Oh they appear to be too far away from this world problem, and it would cost too much to organise ships to transport thousands of refugees trying to escape from their country's violent wars. Oh dear.

Tonight, on the TV News, somebody said that the situation in the UK has all the 'hall marks' that lead to civil unrest and maybe civil war ! I, personally, do not think this is an exaggeration !
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Cardi Goddess!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-20-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Heart Cake

Good lord you've all been listening to the propaganda! Listen to the wording, its dire, it's worded in ways to liken people to insects and we are being invaded by 'swarms' of them. Golly, lets swat them all away!

We are a nation of migrants all throughout history! We went and plundered over seas, we have caused wars and made lives worse all around the world, why shouldn't we welcome those we have displaced with open arms.

People also need to refer to their dictionaries, there is a huge difference between migrants and refugees. There are also different waves of refugees, men first to escape conscription.

Maybe if immigration has to stop then all the Brits living out in Europe should be made to return here for good, what right have we got to swarm all over Europe, British insects invading other peoples territory! How disgusting.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-20-2018
    Local Time

For many years now, our political 'elite' have been in the thrall of a dangerously naive complacency in regard to MASS IMMIGRATION. You simply cannot keep inviting this level of immigration into the UK without a backlash occurring! We simply don't have the space for them, not to mention the massive cultural impact this is having here.

You talk about displacement, yet don't seem to consider the displacement that immigration on this scale is having here in the UK. As I stated in a previous post;
    People cease to be refugees when they pass through a safe country in search of 'richer pickings' further afield, IMO. They are then 'economic migrants', to my way of thinking.

As for us 'swarming over Europe', I would imagine the impact from emigrating Brits on European nations is negligible, whereas several million people arriving in oursmall island since '2000 is exactly the opposite! I notice that you don't like these masses referred to as 'insects', yet you seem quite content to label our emigrants as 'insects'. This is rather close to a form of 'reverse racism', IMO BB.

And part of the problem.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-20-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

A little metaphor...

Britain 2015

Britain 2020

Britain 2025
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lest We Forget: - The Lessons Of History-now.jpg   Lest We Forget: - The Lessons Of History-next.jpg   Lest We Forget: - The Lessons Of History-future.jpg  

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-20-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    A little metaphor...

Britain 2015

Britain 2020

Britain 2025
    That's about right, FourPart!! Thought provoking, and damn funny to boot!

Cardi Goddess!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-20-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Heart Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    For many years now, our political 'elite' have been in the thrall of a dangerously naive complacency in regard to MASS IMMIGRATION. You simply cannot keep inviting this level of immigration into the UK without a backlash occurring! We simply don't have the space for them, not to mention the massive cultural impact this is having here.

You talk about displacement, yet don't seem to consider the displacement that immigration on this scale is having here in the UK. As I stated in a previous post;
    People cease to be refugees when they pass through a safe country in search of 'richer pickings' further afield, IMO. They are then 'economic migrants', to my way of thinking.

As for us 'swarming over Europe', I would imagine the impact from emigrating Brits on European nations is negligible, whereas several million people arriving in oursmall island since '2000 is exactly the opposite! I notice that you don't like these masses referred to as 'insects', yet you seem quite content to label our emigrants as 'insects'. This is rather close to a form of 'reverse racism', IMO BB.

And part of the problem.
    It's quite simply called sarcasm I'll use that more often just so you know.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-20-2018
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    It's quite simply called sarcasm I'll use that more often just so you know.
    Fair enough, BB. As for British emigration, I wonder what the actual figure is? I'll see if I can find out....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast