I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    06:31 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

The Italian Caper

I spent an evening this week considering whether a holiday might be educational and found by the end that I'd booked flights and dates. I stopped before I rented a Mini Elite Convertible. Trains and the occasional bus will be more sensible.

I have a room overnight just below the Ice Club marker at the top of the map, so that's two days of the trip planned.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time

Re: The Italian Caper

A bit more planning, here's a room in Naples.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

There's a thing.

I inherited an oil painting of an Italian street scene dating we think to the turn of the last century. It's not very good and I have it because no-one else wanted it. The only reason I mention it is it looks almost as though you've posted a photo taken from the other end of the scene in my picture, which is looking up the hill: same curve of street, same style of buildings, same shops and stalls at street level. The differences are that the street in my picture is stepped, with no vehicles and many more people and there's laundry drying on lines across the street between the balconies. It must be a very typical southern Italian street scene.

My understanding of the painting is that Italian artists knocked them off by the dozen for tourists who bought them as mementoes and my grandparents picked one up around 1900 or maybe a touch before.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    my grandparents picked one up around 1900 or maybe a touch before.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attilio_Pratella

The Chiaia Steps in Naples are down the hill from my photo, nearer the docks. If the signature is Pratella, ring Sotheby's on +44 (0) 20 7293 5000.

I worked there one summer, programming their London saleroom on a Burroughs microsystem before there was networking.

+ Reply to Thread