Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Something else to worry about ?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Happy
     
    Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    11,679
    Local Date
    09-24-2017
    Local Time
    01:11 PM
    Points
    60,506
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

    Re: Something else to worry about ?

    I think the Americans (not all of them obviously) believe leftist or socialism equates to communism. And everybody knows that is evil..........just look at China, especially when as a freedom loving country you sell your soul to them for a few plastic Halloween decorations.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

  2. #12
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    9,323
    Local Date
    09-24-2017
    Local Time
    06:11 AM
    Points
    35,415
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: Something else to worry about ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    I think the Americans (not all of them obviously) believe leftist or socialism equates to communism. And everybody knows that is evil..........just look at China, especially when as a freedom loving country you sell your soul to them for a few plastic Halloween decorations.
    There are a number of them who feel that way. My Brother-in-law is one of them. He claims school lunch programs are the first step in the socialization of American. It teaches the kids that the government will provide.
    I thought it was just about making sure the little buggers had enough energy to stay awake in class.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

  3. #13
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    9,323
    Local Date
    09-24-2017
    Local Time
    06:11 AM
    Points
    35,415
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: Something else to worry about ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    My gosh

    All I did was point out that Press tv is an official voice for the Islamic Republic of Iran and its editorial depended on the opinions of two, ,

    You tell me what they are.

    I gave links.
    Didn't actually notice the links at first, but was addressing more the content than the source. Sorry. (editor here does not automagically highlight, or underline links.)

    Whoever PRessTV is, they were just one of several outfits that published DeBar's and Chomsky's claims. Their agenda is simply to stir up trouble. I would hardly think that the Persians are turning to Communism.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    is just trying to keep her head
     
    I am:
    Shy
     
    AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,307
    Local Date
    09-24-2017
    Local Time
    08:11 AM
    Points
    26,495
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

    Re: Something else to worry about ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    I think the Americans (not all of them obviously) believe leftist or socialism equates to communism. And everybody knows that is evil..........just look at China, especially when as a freedom loving country you sell your soul to them for a few plastic Halloween decorations.
    Those Americans are uninformed, ignorant & stupid, as the recent election shows. And that goes for those who did not vote as well as most of those who did. Thoroughly disgusted.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    FourPart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    5,823
    Local Date
    09-24-2017
    Local Time
    01:11 PM
    Points
    26,906
    Gifts Beer Cake

    Re: Something else to worry about ?

    I always understood Capitalism & Right Wing to be "The American Way". Anything slightly to the left of that is viewed as being "Downright Commie".

  6. #16
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,358
    Local Date
    09-24-2017
    Local Time
    07:11 AM
    Points
    15,458
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Something else to worry about ?

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Didn't actually notice the links at first, but was addressing more the content than the source. Sorry. (editor here does not automagically highlight, or underline links.)

    Whoever PRessTV is, they were just one of several outfits that published DeBar's and Chomsky's claims. Their agenda is simply to stir up trouble. I would hardly think that the Persians are turning to Communism.
    That's it?

    I was more specific when I first wrote

    "It appears the Iranians want to create some talk of something other than their impeding production of nuclear weapons.".

    Nowhere did they cite their useful idiots as a cause for socialism/communism.
    "The judge who always likes the results he reaches is a bad judge.".

  7. #17
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    9,323
    Local Date
    09-24-2017
    Local Time
    06:11 AM
    Points
    35,415
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: Something else to worry about ?

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    That's it?

    I was more specific when I first wrote

    "It appears the Iranians want to create some talk of something other than their impeding production of nuclear weapons.".

    Nowhere did they cite their useful idiots as a cause for socialism/communism.
    Ummm, OK.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2