----

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time
    01:48 PM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Re: Defining anti-Semitism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UGAFYnpKoU

This really is the blairites out to get back control of the party. It is a fact that at one point hitler was prepared to finance the jews returning to israel. Netanyahu brought it up why is no one accusing him of being anti-semitic are they.

Accusing someone of beingn anti-semitic is a way of stifling discussion about israel. We now have the pope and the patriarch of the greekm oprthodox church combining with muslim leaders to try and stifle criticism of religion. Atbthebstart of ntheb 21 century we are being dragged back to the dark ages by stone age religious beliefs.

posted by anne boelyn
    They offer up no Gandhi's, no Martin Luther King's, nothing. Women there are no longer as secularized as they once were, & the wearing of the burkah is more & more common. Women's rights have little interest in your mind, I see. That is not so important to you.

Actually they did and do and did but they tend to get killed because they don't live in secular societies.

Thousands in Israel rally against Jewish extremists - World news - Mideast/N. Africa | NBC News

Israel braced for protests against treatment of women after girl, 8, is spat on by Jewish extremists | Daily Mail Online

Shin Bet uncovers Jewish extremist plot to destroy state - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

It's not just islamic religious extremits that hate women you know just have a look at what the christioan right in america is up to you'rte not goung to try and defend them are you

Supporting Member
    is I am counting the cost of Christmas

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Mop Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    You are so transparent. A country, a government, is 'We the People', whether there is a constitution or not. [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"] As for the Palestinians, at 9/11 they cheered in the streets, [/COLOR]so my interest in their welfare is lagging behind their stupidity, and yes, it was a stupid act. They have allowed themselves to be directed by Hamas. They offer up no Gandhi's, no Martin Luther King's, nothing. Women there are no longer as secularized as they once were, & the wearing of the burkah is more & more common. Women's rights have little interest in your mind, I see. That is not so important to you.

You are so transparent. Your sole purpose, as far as I can see, is to create in people's minds a connection between Israel and South Africa, as you can't seem to leave them out of it. You may not be an anti-semite, but you are a hypocrite.
    Not on the news I watched they didn't. I was struck at the time by the fact that they, for the most part, were as horrified as the rest of us. I'm sure there were Palestinians who did cheer but the ones I saw interviewed on the news at the time certainly didn't.

Holding a very strong position against the actions practised by the Israeli government and in particular, its police and defence forces against Palestinian people, doesn't by any definition make me anti-semitic. So much of what the Israeli government impose on its Arab citizens, through apartheid and extraordinary violence, makes me sick to the stomach but it doesn't make me an anti-semite. I'm not even suggesting that Israel is the only state in the world where this happens. It's because of the whole history of Jews and their subsequent struggles, that it makes it prevalent in our psyche.

As witnessed by this morning's BBC debate on this very subject, it generates so much anger and division, it's hard to see any solution or indeed justice
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time
    08:48 AM
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

I don't see anyone here as being anti-semitic, never have, just want to make that absolutely clear.

Supporting Member
    is I am counting the cost of Christmas

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Mop Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post

As witnessed by this morning's BBC debate on this very subject, it generates so much anger and division, it's hard to see any solution or indeed justice
    Mind you I remember saying the same thing about the troubles in N.I. and we got a few heads banged together and got them to see some sense through the fog of religious sectarianism. Well, Mo Mowlem did.
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Funnily enough when people protested against apartheid in south africa no one called them anti-white, Nelson mandela was a terrorist that shouldn't be released accprding tio thatcher and reagan. Ben gurion the first president of israel was a terrorist as was golda meier it worked for them so why shouldn't the palestinians give it a shot. If it wasn't for the religious divide and extremists on both sides maybe some kind of compromise could be made.

The same with the civil rights movement in america no one called those protesting anti-white just race traitors and communists and it was religion that was standing in the way of progress then as well.

is starting another school year.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time
    06:48 AM
    Gifts Beer Burger Car Beer

Like most Americans, I suspect, I'm just a knee-jerk reactionary to the whole Israeli-Palestinian problem. My thoughts are bland and shallow on the whole subject and what's worse? I know it and I don't care.

To sum up: (And this is sure to inflame Spot)

1. Pogroms against Jews go back thousands of years. People have been hating on them forever, so I feel sorry for them.

2. I like that they got their homeland after what they suffered in the Holocaust. (On later day reflection, though, it probably would have been better if we had given them Alaska.)

3. They are scrappy go-getters in a fight these days, making them a little unpredictable and scary, considering they have nuclear weapons.

4. Palestinians are jerks. They suicide-bombed a children's toy store. They keep lobbing missiles at Israel, therefore they get what they deserve.

And a whole slew of Transitive and Commutative Property views:

5. Iran hates them, and I hate Iran, therefore I love the Jews.

6. I have a Jewish friend. He is cool, therefore Jews are cool.

7. Hitler hated Jews. I hate Hitler, therefore I love the Jews.

8. Jews killed Jesus, but he knew they would and forgave them, so I do too.

Yeah, that's all pretty basic and not-well-thought-out. So what?

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time
    07:48 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

I don't see anyone here as being anti-semitic, never have, just want to make that absolutely clear.
    As reading this conversation several times wanted to jump in, then decided it better to pass.

Starting with the OP there was just too many angles in one post, I could see no satisfying outcome. I could see where the OP was going (I think), but just too many subjects all at once.

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    As reading this conversation several times wanted to jump in, then decided it better to pass.

Starting with the OP there was just too many angles in one post, I could see no satisfying outcome. I could see where the OP was going (I think), but just too many subjects all at once.
    I've been thinking about you, felt this was the way you would react, & wish I followed your suit. This was not a conversation I should have entered into, for the very reasons you stated.

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time

me=They offer up no Gandhi's, no Martin Luther King's, nothing. Women there are no longer as secularized as they once were, & the wearing of the burkah is more & more common. Women's rights have little interest in your mind, I see. That is not so important to you.

gmc=Actually they did and do and did but they tend to get killed because they don't live in secular societies.

And they are who? Enlighten me, gmc, your link speaks of Israeli's only. Where are the peaceniks amongst the Palestinians?

PS--Oops, should have written this before my answer to Tude.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    me=They offer up no Gandhi's, no Martin Luther King's, nothing. Women there are no longer as secularized as they once were, & the wearing of the burkah is more & more common. Women's rights have little interest in your mind, I see. That is not so important to you.

gmc=Actually they did and do and did but they tend to get killed because they don't live in secular societies.

And they are who? Enlighten me, gmc, your link speaks of Israeli's only. Where are the peaceniks amongst the Palestinians?

PS--Oops, should have written this before my answer to Tude.
    Actually when I replied I was thinking of muslims generically rather than palestinaians in particular. In states like saudi arabia, iran there are plenty of those who advocate different solutions but they usually find themselves silenced, as it was in christian europe speaking out and being a free thinker is downright dangerous.

So far as palestine is concerned one thing for sure is that you just hear one side of the dispute.

In palestine hamas won the elections in 2006 ioth israel and the usa refused to recognise the democratic will passing up a chance to actually work with the palestinians in favour of trying to impose a puppet givernment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palest...election,_2006

Wikipedia is by no means 100% accurate but it's easy enough to cross reference and check out the details of anything you find hard to credit. sadly the US has a long record of de-stabilising elected givernments when it suits their perceived ends. Something in find many americans don't know about or don't to. Sadly we have been at it for years as well as have everyone else, france russia china the current mess in the middle east is the result of a lot of stirring the pot.

Yitzhak Rabin an israeli prime minister was assassinated in 1995 for daring to try and work out a peaceful solution with the palestinians. It's quite simple really israel and palestine have to work out a way to live together or one of them has to be wiped out.

Palestinian intellectuals demand 'unity' in actions, not words | Middle East Eye

Martin luther king and ghandi and come to that nelson mandela are remembered because they advocated peaceful means but those peaceful means worked because they states they were dealing with had got to the point they were prepared to listen.

Not to worry donald trump will sort them out when he is elected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast