I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time
    01:34 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Totally uncceptable

I have undoubtedly had a fig biscuit and it is at least possible my mother fed me some sort of fig duff in hot custard. I'm quite certain I've never actually put my fingers onto a fig and lifted it into my mouth, the number of intolerable aspects to that are overwhelming. I have no idea how anyone could bring themselves to do it.

The notion that someone might deliberately eat any part of a lobster is repellent. Lobster has not and will not form any part of my diet. Eww lobster.

I could go on.

Sago or tapioca. It was utterly slimy when served as compulsory fodder at school and I've avoided both ever since. I would now walk out of the room rather than be polite and eat any. I quite likely include "sweet potato", whatever a sweet potato might be, in the same basket of impossibilities, I wouldn't know, I've never been near one. I've no intention of ever finding out. I'm a tolerant sort of chap but there are limits.

I have so far avoided absolutely everything one might find at an East End eel-vendor's barrow. That includes oysters, whelks, mussels, scallops or any other damned gastropod whether of the sea or the land. Bloody seafood, all of it. Fish are a different matter but if it lives in water and isn't a fish I'm not interested. That goes for octopus too. How people can behave like that is a disgrace.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time
    10:34 PM

Re: Totally uncceptable

Wow! You would have gone quite hungry on christmas day at my place.
    Although i dont know what sago is and tapioca is used as a thickener for sauses.... why would you eat it straight?

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Although i dont know what sago is and tapioca is used as a thickener for sauses.... why would you eat it straight?
    As a milk pudding.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time

Oh, yuk.

Question though, those of us in the southern hemisphere tent to eat a lot of crustations during summer. Gotta think of our omega 3,s.what would you have us eat on a 36 degree day? Not a roast surely?
    Cray (lobster), king prawns, and mussels, were our fair for christmas day.

And figs straight of the tree are beautiful and sweet. Ive never made jam out of them before though. I was going to give it a go this year.

I dont eat the rowe of any of the crustations though, that seems to be a European thing. Love scallops but not the rowe part.......its icky.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time
    06:34 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

I rather like Tapioca Pudding, now and again.
    Figs are something I never really thought much about until one fell out of a tree onto my plate while dining in Napa Valley a year or so back. They are pretty tasty.

My latest culinary surprise was Brussels sprouts. I considered them detestable since childhood. But recently, at a steak house in Boulder, I discovered that they can be prepared in ways that make them quite edible.
    There are now only two food items that I still hold as inedible: Strawberries, and Jellied Eel.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Question though, those of us in the southern hemisphere tent to eat a lot of crustations during summer.
    They're aquatic insects, you know. Prawns and lobsters. Mussels are aquatic snails. And you put these things in your mouth?

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    They're aquatic insects, you know. Prawns and lobsters. Mussels are aquatic snails. And you put these things in your mouth?
    Theyre tastier than a mans appendage ...... and i put those in my mouth too.
    I eaten witchy grub, and chocolate coated locust and bitten the bum off a honey ant.
    Still tastier than a mans appendage.

Maybe you havent eaten these crustations cooked properly? There is a knack to it. I bottle mussels to my own taste....its the vinegar you have to get right.

I love brussel sprouts..... boil or stream them and dip them in soy sause......tastes just like a dim sum.

Also call mussels "vagies" cause when you put them on their back they look like....... hmmmm so essentially im eating......hmmmm......didnt know i swung that way. Lol

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Aren't people strange ?

Cannot think of anything I wouldn't try to eat.

Sweet potato is not like a King Edward gone wrong you know Spot ? You should try them baked sprinkled with a little olive oil until the skin crisps a little.
    Figs and undersea 'insects' are generally a delicacy.
    Land or sea insects are a major future food source......like it or not, I have tried mopane worm myself, didn't like them much but I did try.
    c*ckles and winkles were a Sunday tea staple in my house as a kid........sometimes as a treat, we had brawn, made from a pigs head boiled until the flesh fell off then left to set in it's own gelatin. Of course the tongue was far too expensive for us to afford, that went to the toffs.
    And don't start me off about strawberries.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time

Lurve strawberries. I have so many in the garden at the moment, i had to go and buy ice-cream..(yes i believe its a valid excuse to buy 4 litres of ice-cream) DONT JUDGE ME!!

There is something i cant eat.....cant remember what it is though now. All i know is i cant palate it ....i gag .ill think of it..

Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time
    08:34 AM
    Gifts Paintbrush Car

Register to remove this ad.
    I love tapioca pudding but haven't had it in ages. My dad used to tell me the tapiocas were little fish eyes but I never believed him. I think he just wanted my discarded pudding for himself!

Not a big seafood fan but do like shrimp. And strawberries.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast