I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    07:51 PM
    Gifts Muffin Naughty Mag Cocktail Cocktail Beer Balloons

The last three weeks.

So...a few weeks ago I decided that before the "empty nest" syndrome gets to me and lack of employment, I may as well give myself a break. I packed the car and took off to the promise of work up in northern NSW. Every now and again I think it has to be done. Just take off with no explanation, rhyme or real reason. I met a woman on the net who needed opals graded and her house fixed up. She was willing to pay me so I thought why not. I could take the coast road up and come back down the guts through the outback of central NSW.
    the next posts are of my journeys through the east coast and central and northern NSW.
    I'm either insane or just bloody pig headed determined to live life. I'm not quite sure which one yet.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    02:51 AM
    Gifts Balloons Gift Car Cocktail Balloons Cocktail Cake

Re: The last three weeks.

Be Safe
    Look forward to your journey updates.
    Your young and have this opportunity - I say have fun - it's a adventure.
    Patsy

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    10:51 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    I'm either insane or just bloody pig headed determined to live life. I'm not quite sure which one yet.
    Well..............I think WE all know what it is.

Best of luck, go girl go.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

is ..........................

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time

I've already been and come back. that's why I called the thread the last three weeks rather than three weeks in the future lol lol lol

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time

I've already been and come back. that's why I called the thread the last three weeks rather than three weeks in the future lol lol lol
    Must be the language difference.

is a Natualized Texan

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    04:51 AM
    Gifts Certificate Beer

the next posts are of my journeys through the east coast and central and northern NSW.
    Can't wait.
    It's good to have a dollop of both, I think.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    03:51 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

To bad if you don't have any to share. Important thing is you had a good time.
    "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money." - Senator Everett Dirksen

Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

Supporting Member
    is Here, There, and Everywhere.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    04:51 AM
    Gifts Balloons Gift Car Balloons Car Heart Cake Cake

Be safe.
    Keep a journal.
    Take photos if you can.
    Stay in touch.
    Smile and enjoy!
    Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

is ..........................

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time

Okay on the 3rd of April I decided to pack the car and take off for a promise of a few dollars and some adventure. everyone encouraged me until I actually phoned them and said I was on my way ..... no one thought I would actually do it . HA ...even the movie about murders on the outback roads was suggested in one conversation. PIFFLE!!! If we all believed what is said and done in movies none of us would leave our homes to go to the supermarket. lol

So here's the story of my three weeks on the road . I'll eventually try to figure out the pic situation. there aren't many and I don't know how to load vids anymore.

So I took off out the gate and breathed a sigh of ..........apprehension. I'll just check the mail box before I leave .
    YAY!!!! Galballys' cd's are here ...cool!!! music for the journey (along with about 100 other cd's I had packed)
    I left Darriman and headed for the big wide open roads of Aus.
    Now, I had to go up the princes fwy and hwy to over the border onto Pacific hwy an up the coast to Port Macquarie. (advice: If you are just going from a to b and you are not stopping anywhere in particular ...........DON"T DO IT. it is so arduous it's not funny. Too many mountains ...way too many mountains.) Anyway drove from Sale over the border into NSW (advice for travellers NSW has many more rest stops than Victoria.....it's almost like we don't want you to stop here lol lol lol .) I stopped many times one of the first times was in Murimbula eden and Bega. What absolutely pretty places, why are there so many people here?......then to my horror I realise "**** it's school holidays!!! "We're all gunna die, it's killing on the roads time of year" Since the boys have been gone I'd forgotten about when school breaks were scheduled.........well that rules out caravan parks .......bugger. Okay time to live a bit roughly. I drove all day until the road started to become a bit lost....or my brain was becoming a bit lost....I admonished myself because I knew better from my transport courses and liscences that I should've pulled over ten km's ago. Oh well, I'm pulled over now ..looks safe...Vans, buses, semis', yep time to sleep. (If you have to sleep in your car make sure you are prepared....for instance make sure the drivers seat is comfortable otherwise you ain't getting any sleep ) I was just short of Batemans Bay and very tired. Woke at 4:30 the next morning and I was off again . I have to navigate Sydney...GOD HELP ME I was trying to avoid Sydney altogether . Now at this point of the game I have no map ...Port Macquarie is north that's all you really need to know. Okay basically follow the hwy until you come out the other side of Sydney.........okay so how the **** did I end up at Sydney airport???????? Okay navigate out of airport and zag instead of zigging this time pulled over into a taxi company ..YAY!!! ...no hang on ..why am I asking taxi drivers? They normally don't know where they are going. Great I'm going to be lost in Sydney for eternity ...some how I ended up near Randwick. that's a good thing I'm familiar with that name. Pull up at a set of traffic lights ..wind down the window and ask a guy standing on the corner "Excuse mate where's the Bridge?" all I know is, if I cross the bridge or go under the tunnel that will take me to Newcastle anyway the guy says keep following this road down and you can't miss it ...**** I'm good I have a bloodhound nose for directions I sort of knew i was heading in the right direction. and turns out I was ...yay me!!

Now for the next SAGA okay come out of the tunnel. (missed the turnoff for Bridge..) going along .....lah dee lah dee dah.... Newcastle sign.......what the hell is it doing over there ???? Why am I heading for Manly.... okay no worries just do a UTURN....Ummmm nope .

Now this is what i was on about just earlier when I said how many rest stops there are in NSW and Vic has hardly any. Victoria is signed to the hoot..signs in your face everywhere ...Victoria wants you to get where you're going then get the hell out of our state again ........you cannot get lost in Melbourne. Sydney on the other hand NO SIGNS AT ALL!!! Or if they are there they are straight above your exit and you see them after you've passed the exit. It's kind of like those movies where you can enter a town but you can never ever get out again . And this again brings me back to Manly. YOU CANNOT ESCAPE you have to drive all the way down to the almost the shoreline before you can do a UTURN. And to make sure of this they even put a fence down the middle of the road and 'no uturn signs' at every traffic light. All was good until I started looking around at the women. I panicked, I saw ....wait for it!!! ..stepford wives. It's true some places are just like the movies!!!
    Okay be calm megsy!! you'll be outta here in just a jiffy Newcastle sign YAY!!! and we're home free!! PHEW that was close.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    You gotta lotta cojones fer a sheila (with rising inflection)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast