Crazy

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    10:42 AM
    Gifts Cake Gnome Gift Cake

Re: Hi Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Hi Kaz, it's good to see you post again.
    Thank you, I just might!

FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

I certainly remember seeing your name a lot in past times but don't think we talked much. I'm a recent returner too. Welcome back
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

is starting the 2nd half

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time

Thanks Clodhopper, yes i remember you

FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Cardi Goddess!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    09:42 AM
    Gifts Balloons Heart Cake

Quote Originally Posted by kazalala View Post
    HI Betty I have been on the meds now for just 4 weeks but starting to feel better already. Got to go back for more blood tests in another 4 weeks to see if its a good dose or not. Im not sure i know much about celiac? Is hat to do with Gluten? I know they are starting to do more and more gluten free stuff now. Its funny as you wil know, its not until you feel better that you realise just how bad you were.

The christening went off really well, although a bit strange the way it was done in the church they chose, but it was all good and a nice party afterwards.
    Yes, I have to avoid both wheat and gluten its hard work sometimes, my safest place is at home where I know everything is free from contamination It's quite stressful eating at friends houses, they just don't get how debilitating it is. Last time I got contaminated I wasn't right for over three weeks, it's no joke feeling exhausted all the time along with the major flare ups of eczema that come with it. It's a bit like saying you suffer from ME, no one really believes its an issue

Glad the christening went well, if a bit strange haha Good to hear your medication is working too and I totally get the not realising how ill you have been whilst struggling on assuming everyone must just feel like ****e as we age

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    04:42 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Well, you were here for a bit when I joined up, but then you left. Welcome back.
    I read a number of your old posts when threads got resurrected, and enjoyed them. Hope you're gonna be around for a while.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

is jellyfish

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    08:42 PM

Now heres a blast from the past.....welcome back Kaz. And you look like youre busy too. Congrats on the grandkadiddlys.

superstar
    is returning

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    02:42 AM
    Gifts Beer

well welcome back oldster
    Grand babes are such fun.
    I am the proud owner of 9 of the lovelies.
    3 girls 6 boys. All amazing and all very special.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    09:42 AM
    Gifts Heart Cocktail Kitten Gift Balloons Balloons Ban Hammer Gift

I'm surprised that the doc didn't explain better about celiac and what changes in the diet are needed ! You can get leaflets about it, but maybe the most detailed explanation about celiac is probably on the internet.

My hubby's niece is a celiac and has been so for most of her life. I must say that I was totally unfamiliar with it till I met his niece, and she explained so much to me, not least the diet she has to keep to and to avoid all gluten stuff. She takes various things with her whenever she visits or goes away. She says it's much safer and less hassle that way.

It's quite right that many people do not appreciate the problems when one is a celiac, and consequently do not really treat the matter seriously. They don't seem to realise that giving a celiac the wrong food can cause illness and great discomfort. They can be laid up for days even weeks !

I'm so sorry to hear that you are likely to be a celiac, but fortunately, these days, there are appropriate medicines to minimise the problem and more and more grocery shops are getting knowledgeable about different diet needs and make a point of isolating various gluten free items and making them more visible. Also labeling food items as gluten free etc. At least suppliers are getting more au fait, like they are over vegetarian stuff, and things suitable for diabetics etc.

It is a bit iffy eating out if you have a food disorder, because there are a lot of places that have not taken the trouble to learn up about these things, even vegetarian things!

I can remember us visiting a 4 star restaurant in Norfolk (admittedly it was a few years ago now ), and we emphasised that our son was a strict vegetarian, so no animal products in his salad. The waitress brought our meal and placed it on our table for us, went away, and we started to eat. My son made a grunting noise and put his knife and fork on the plate - he had found that they had put prawns in his salad ! My hubby beckoned to the waitress and pointed out the prawns. "That's alright, sir, prawns are not meat, they are shell fish !" The manager was asked for, and he was told what had happened and that we needed to have a complete replacement salad but without the prawns, and to inform the waitress and the kitchen staff that prawns were meat ! Vegetarians do not eat food that has had a face or eyes ! We did inform that manager that we did not know how they managed to achieve 4 stars, when there was such ignorance in the kitchen ! He went off muttering under his breath but no apology!

Most of the other patrons in the room overheard what was going on and some looked a little apprehensive. My son's plate had been taken away, but when 10 minutes had gone by and waitresses had been in and out of the kitchen, and there was no replacement offered, we stood up to leave. My hubby put some money on the table and as we were leaving (we hadn't eaten half our meal either), the waitress came into the room serving somebody else, so we said we were disgusted with the ignorance of a so-called 4 star establishment. We added that we would not be returning and we would not be recommending them to any of our friends and acquaintances, and that we have left what we think was sufficient cash to cover the cost of what small amount of food we had eaten. We walked from the restaurant leaving the waitress with her mouth open and saw the manager appear, also with a look of amazement on his face.
    We then headed for the nearest fish and chip shop ! My son ate chips and baked beans.

We did notice that the following year here was a sign up saying that that restaurant was under new management !

As I said earlier, this incident happened several years ago, so it is hoped that kitchen staff etc would have learned about different diets for different needs of their customers these days - it is to be hoped !
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

is starting the 2nd half

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Yes, I have to avoid both wheat and gluten its hard work sometimes, my safest place is at home where I know everything is free from contamination It's quite stressful eating at friends houses, they just don't get how debilitating it is. Last time I got contaminated I wasn't right for over three weeks, it's no joke feeling exhausted all the time along with the major flare ups of eczema that come with it. It's a bit like saying you suffer from ME, no one really believes its an issue

Glad the christening went well, if a bit strange haha Good to hear your medication is working too and I totally get the not realising how ill you have been whilst struggling on assuming everyone must just feel like ****e as we age
    ohh must be such a pain not being able to eat out in comfort,, i would miss that so much. Dont know if i spoke too soon about the meds working been feeling like im back to square one these past two day, today walking the dog i swear i wouldnt have been surprised if i slowed down so much i just stopped ,, like a robot that the batteries had run out Think i worked it off cleaning ( got a house viewing tomorrow, fingers crossed) I will try wait it out till my next lot of blood tests tho in 4 weeks, give it bit more time.

FOC THREAD PART1
    Martin Luther King Jr.

is starting the 2nd half

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Well, you were here for a bit when I joined up, but then you left. Welcome back.
    I read a number of your old posts when threads got resurrected, and enjoyed them. Hope you're gonna be around for a while.
    Thanks I am going to have a bit better look around on the forum soon and hopefully post a couple of topics,, be warned though I am quite often a lover of the fluffy post

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Now heres a blast from the past.....welcome back Kaz. And you look like youre busy too. Congrats on the grandkadiddlys.
    Thanks Good to see you!

Quote Originally Posted by minks View Post
    well welcome back oldster
    Grand babes are such fun.
    I am the proud owner of 9 of the lovelies.
    3 girls 6 boys. All amazing and all very special.
    Hi Minks wow 9! They must keep you busy alright :lol:

FOC THREAD PART1
    Martin Luther King Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast