Cool

Local Date
    07-27-2017
    Local Time
    05:48 PM
    Gifts Balloons Heart Cake

Re: Hi Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by kazalala View Post
    ohh must be such a pain not being able to eat out in comfort,, i would miss that so much. Dont know if i spoke too soon about the meds working been feeling like im back to square one these past two day, today walking the dog i swear i wouldnt have been surprised if i slowed down so much i just stopped ,, like a robot that the batteries had run out Think i worked it off cleaning ( got a house viewing tomorrow, fingers crossed) I will try wait it out till my next lot of blood tests tho in 4 weeks, give it bit more time.
    Ditto, I'm shattered, I know I had a four hour drive yesterday so that might make me tired but this is different. I have been glutened, feel like I could sleep for a week, dragging myself around to get things done. That's the last time I eat at that particular friends house . Doesn't matter how many times I explain people just don't get the problem of cross contamination, just one crumb of anything containing wheat or gluten will affect me and they are great fans of chopping things up on a worktop, never use a chopping board or a plate to prepare food on, bleeuurrggghhh it's all just basic hygiene if I'd known how she prepares food I would have made excuses and not eaten there at all.

Good luck with the house viewing, get the bread on and the coffee brewing

is starting the 2nd half

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    07-27-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cake Gnome Gift Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Ditto, I'm shattered, I know I had a four hour drive yesterday so that might make me tired but this is different. I have been glutened, feel like I could sleep for a week, dragging myself around to get things done. That's the last time I eat at that particular friends house . Doesn't matter how many times I explain people just don't get the problem of cross contamination, just one crumb of anything containing wheat or gluten will affect me and they are great fans of chopping things up on a worktop, never use a chopping board or a plate to prepare food on, bleeuurrggghhh it's all just basic hygiene if I'd known how she prepares food I would have made excuses and not eaten there at all.

Good luck with the house viewing, get the bread on and the coffee brewing
    ohh,, why dont they just do all gluten free to be sure? My daughter in laws family do loads gluten free and i think all christmas dinner is as she has a cousin who needs to avoid it.

Im thinking of making a lemon drizzle loaf, i made one last week with a new recipe i found and its the best i have ever tasted!

FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

is starting the 2nd half

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    07-27-2017
    Local Time

Thought i would stick an update here and means i get to moan and bitch at the same time
    As i have mentioned i was diagnosed with under active thyroid and put on thyroid meds. Had my blood tests last week to check the levels and decide if the dose is right and then had my docs appointment yesterday to discuss the results. Well i was feeling so ill and in so much pain lately im totally sick of myself, so i was completely stunned when she told me my levels are fine now and the dose is ok. I practically broke down however embarrassed i was. Honestly im in pain more or less all over, its pain and stiffness in my joints and muscles. So for now she has ordered more blood tests ( I think for Rheumatoid Arthritis) and given me some tablets for the pain. It was bad enough i should have to be on thyroid meds for life but i got over it and its only one little pill each day. But these for the pain are normally diagnosed as an anti depressant but are used in small doses for chronic pain. Im really not keen , i have only taken one last night and already feel a bit spaced out and tired today, So its a choice between pain or being zombie
    Has anyone here got RA or someone in their family? how do you/they cope and what meds if any are they on?

FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    07-27-2017
    Local Time
    10:48 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

My sister in law had some pretty severe reactions to the thyroid meds she was first prescribed. Joint pain, I am pretty certain, was part of it.
    Don't just take the Doc's word for it. make him/her do their proper research.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-27-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

RA is vile, my mother had it. I've no idea how it can be successfully treated, hers certainly wasn't.

To the best of my knowledge it's an auto-immune response to something but I could very easily be wrong. The only treatments I've heard of - the ones they used on her - seem to be as much mumbo-jumbo as a doctor of medicine might have used in the sixteenth century. Take the hair of a recently-dead mouse and boil it in nettle juice, that level of medicine.

You'd not want to know how poorly my mother coped, it would depress you.

The bright side to all this is that if you do find a treatment which improves matters you can feel very pleased about it, how's that.

I'll go and look, I know nothing.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

is starting the 2nd half

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    07-27-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    My sister in law had some pretty severe reactions to the thyroid meds she was first prescribed. Joint pain, I am pretty certain, was part of it.
    Don't just take the Doc's word for it. make him/her do their proper research.
    thanks Lars,,, yea i was unprepared at the appointment yesterday, but i think i will be more ready to ask a lot of questions at my next appointment. Unless they call me back in after the bloods tomorrow, im not due another appointment until about 3 or 4 weeks.

FOC THREAD PART1
    Martin Luther King Jr.

is starting the 2nd half

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    07-27-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    RA is vile, my mother had it. I've no idea how it can be successfully treated, hers certainly wasn't.

To the best of my knowledge it's an auto-immune response to something but I could very easily be wrong. The only treatments I've heard of - the ones they used on her - seem to be as much mumbo-jumbo as a doctor of medicine might have used in the sixteenth century. Take the hair of a recently-dead mouse and boil it in nettle juice, that level of medicine.

You'd not want to know how poorly my mother coped, it would depress you.

The bright side to all this is that if you do find a treatment which improves matters you can feel very pleased about it, how's that.

I'll go and look, I know nothing.
    Im already depressed wondering how on earth i can keep on coping with this,, my only strength so far was coming from the fact i was awaiting the thyroid results and just assumed they would need upping and my symptoms would then start to improve. Hence when i was told all was ok with the thyroid problem now, i more or less immediately fell into a pit of despair!
    I found some information but havent even looked into it properly as yet, and the meds she has given me is certainly none of them on the list.
    Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) | Arthritis Research UK

FOC THREAD PART1
    Martin Luther King Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3